PDA

View Full Version : New guy here! Want to up the power on my 450, need advice

Killdmycobra
11-04-2004, 09:15 PM
I recently bought a 2005 black 450r. i love the bike, but it is now time to outrun some of my friend's bikes. I have a basic idea of what i want, but would like some imput of more experienced riders. This is a list of what i want:

CDI box (not sure which one i should get ???)
Yoshimura tri oval carbon can full pipe
Pro-design intake with K&N
some type of open intake lid (???)
carb jets (dont know which to get with my combo???)
And a cam ( I have been thinking Hot cams stage 2 or HRC)

Also, will the hot cams stage 2 be a better all around cam than the HRC? I want power throughout the power band also to the rev limit, plus i think i will eventually do head work and high compression. Do i need any type of valve springs with these cams??

If you guys could point me in the right direction, it would be nice. This bike is going to be setup for all around badass performance. Used more for recreational use than racing.

ZRider400
11-05-2004, 12:58 PM
for exhaust....id go with HMF or sparks.

cam..... hot cam stage 2 or HRC

filter.... foam uni or k/n and remove airbox lid

Killdmycobra
11-06-2004, 02:53 PM
have you guys tried both the cams???

Jeff

YamaWarr0121
11-06-2004, 03:40 PM
give some race shops a call such as JRD Mechanical, East Coast atv, TC racing, etc... they know many tips and tricks on how to make these quads really move!! i rode a worked ECA bike this weekend and wow it really moved compared to a regular exhausted 450R

450 Racer R
11-06-2004, 04:51 PM
^Hey I heard you wanted to get rid of your YFZ

YamaWarr0121
11-07-2004, 08:31 AM
nah, it wasn't runnin good for a while, but its goin awesome now, got a new sub frame for it comin on tuesday with a 6 point mounting position new from JRD.. i rode a few modded honda's lately and these guys can really make them rip tho!