PDA

View Full Version : Something you may find agitating about the war in Iraq

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I know alot of people on here may be Bush supporter's and what not, but this may change some of your minds about how great George Bush really is and how much of what the government says you can really believe.
A very close friend of mine is enlisted in the army and is serving in Iraq as we speak. He recently wrote home to his parents and his grandmother. HalliBurton, VP Cheney's former company who is contracted to feed our troops(and making good money to do it), isn't performing up to expectations. In his most recent letter home he has informed his family, who has since published it in local papers, that HalliBurton is only previding enough food to the troops in Iraq for each troop to have 1 MEAL PER DAY~!!! This company is getting outrageous amounts of American tax money to feed our troops, and they only get to eat 1 meal a day. Where in the hell is all the money going??
This is an outrage........sooo, this is obviously a scandal by HalliBurton and the government, and I am willing to bet that there is some under the table money going back to Bush and Cheney for giving Halliburton the contract to go to Iraq. This is just one more thing that makes me believe that our troops need to be brought home and the American voters have made a crucial mistake by putting Republicans back in power.
(The purpose of this post is to offend no one, only to state simple facts and uncover yet another lie that our government has fed us.)

Bobbs07
11-04-2004, 07:00 PM
i have hated bush for a long time, really did not want him to get elected..:ermm:

YFZ450Ridr
11-04-2004, 07:03 PM
WTF IS THAT?!?! 1 meal a day that is so much chit! i knew i wantd kerry to win for a reason and thats a dam good one.

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:06 PM
That is what i said....there are a couple things that i didn't exactly agree with Kerry on, but i was looking past the couple of bad things to see all of the good. He would have made a great president but i guess we will never know now. I feel very sorry for our troops in Iraq and i will raise 3 different kinds of hell b4 i ever go.

Punk'd
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Not to be a jackass but you ever see the army commercial that goes....

Your troops have enough food to last 2days.........

Its day 8 or sumthin like that

I do agree they need more food but BUSH IS HUMAN he cant do everything at once im sure he will get to it sooner or later n im sure its no entirelly(sp?) his fault:rolleyes:

Bobbs07
11-04-2004, 07:11 PM
bush is an idiot, i am highly disgusted that he won:ermm:\

Are country cannot afford 4 more years of him. we all know it

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I am more than highly disgusted....i am extremely pisssed off......i would say b4 this 4 year term is up, the American people will realize what a mistake they have made

JUSTINcredible
11-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Groomsy
I feel very sorry for our troops in Iraq and i will raise 3 different kinds of hell b4 i ever go.

i feel very sorry for you. you dont care enough about your country to go off and protect its freedom. thats ashamed:(

Punk'd
11-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Again hes only human

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Its not that i don't care about my country, because i do.........it is just i will never fight in a war that i do not belive in.......Bush wanted to go to Iraq b4 9-11 ever happened....he still swears that Saddaam had something to do with it, when all intelligence shows he didn't. he is not even looking for the real terrorists that we should be after, that being Osama Bin Laden. Iraq is a 100% retarted and senseless war....we had no business being there

JUSTINcredible
11-04-2004, 07:21 PM
we went to iraq to find weapons of mass destruction and to liberate their country, not because of 9-11. sure we didnt find any wmd, but we found parts of them, who is to say that he wasnt planinng on going and putting them together and then giving them to terrorists.

Punk'd
11-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Its not that i don't care about my country, because i do.........it is just i will never fight in a war that i do not belive in.......Bush wanted to go to Iraq b4 9-11 ever happened....he still swears that Saddaam had something to do with it, when all intelligence shows he didn't. he is not even looking for the real terrorists that we should be after, that being Osama Bin Laden. Iraq is a 100% retarted and senseless war....we had no business being there

Ever think hes putting everything on Iraq so that Osoma comes out from his hole.. Because if he knew we were comeing for him he would just hide..

Makes you think dont it. Im sure there are many thing WE as U.S. citizens dont even kno that would make us want bush as our president just some things cant be told aka TOP SECRET

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:26 PM
The weapons of mass destruction was the biggest crock of chit i have ever heard.......simply because....when Bush took office..Colin Powell delivered a speech that stated Iraq had no WMD, did not have the capabilities to make them and could not use the parts of them that they had because we were monitoring them so closely that they could not have got the needed parts shipped in to complete them

JUSTINcredible
11-04-2004, 07:33 PM
i think the biggest crock is whoever said that we are there so osama comes out. weel guess what? our troops havent left afganastan, they are still there and have been there hunting for that dirty SOB

RUNMYTA
11-04-2004, 07:37 PM
All I have to say is your friend is full of ****!!! ***K you and his lying ***. :rolleyes: Our troops and "MYself" are fed "adaquate" just because the puzzy gets 1 to 2 MRE's per day doesn't mean that he isn't fed. They joined the elite to perform in extreme situations! Not to enjoy lobster and steak ever night!
Ask him how much his candy *** gained in weight while he is there.

Thank god for Bush or this country would be ran by idiots like the ones that bash him! Mike
U.S. Army 19D40 Scouts Out!

JUSTINcredible
11-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by RUNMYTA
All I have to say is your friend is full of ****!!! ***K you and his lying ***. :rolleyes: Our troops and "MYself" are fed "adaquate" just because the puzzy gets 1 to 2 MRE's per day doesn't mean that he isn't fed. They joined the elite to perform in extreme situations! Not to enjoy lobster and steak ever night!
Ask him how much his candy *** gained in weight while he is there.

Thank god for Bush or this country would be ran by idiots like the ones that bash him! Mike
U.S. Army 19D40 Scouts Out! :macho

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:38 PM
a pittiful statistic about the troops in Afghanistan is the fact that there are more police in the city of Manhattan than there are troops in Afghanistan,
So obviously based on that...we do not have enough troops there to do us any good b/c there aren't enough to cover sufficient ground...he could slip right through or lines because we are so stretched out and make his way right out of the country....then we'll never catch him

infantry317
11-04-2004, 07:40 PM
I call BS, maybe they aren't getting warm meals three times a day. Even if they are only getting one meal per day, the MRE's are very high in calories and can easily sustain even a busy soldier for weeks to months at one meal per day (Army Ranger school case-in-point).

If it sucks so badly for our troops why are 70% of them pro-Bush. Remember, our military is voluntary, thank God, F'ing cowards back here P'ssing and moaning. What have you complainers done to make the U.S. or the world better for that matter.

F'in Hooah.
:mad: :macho :scary:
If you're scared, say your scared...

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:41 PM
wel from what i have heard from his family......he has lost weight since he has left because of the fatc that he isn't eating enough

Bush is going to ruin the united states...i can see an economic depression in the next 4 years

Scott-300ex
11-04-2004, 07:41 PM
i think thats a bunch of bull**** about the 1 meal, cause this kid i know came in to school and told us about the 7 months of iraq and i know some other people over there and they never complained. And they would have said something too. Plus the one guy said they all wanted Bush to win because he was going to give them a riase in the military. And that was every marine he new, he said "Theres no military man that i know that doesn't want Bush to win." So I think he's treating them well.

And to the wieght, he said its 125-150 degrees everyday and there feet in their boots literaly slosh and there arm is ghost white because all the sweat that comes out and they have to wash there camy's 3 times just so they don't smell and he said he came into california and it was 75 degrees and he was freezing and shivering, and it took him a week to get back to normal. Also, he said, they would constantly drink water until they thought they would puke but still had to drink more and they would still dehydrate. He said they lost 15-17 pounds a day.
So.

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 07:46 PM
and that is why Bush wanted to cut military salries by 33%?????

i may only be 17 but i know my ****.....i have friends in iraq and my uncle is constantly in germany or antarctica or some crazy *** place because of this war.i know what's going on....so don't treat me like i am stupid just because you are soldiers. i respect you and i am not slamming on you at all.............i just do not afgreee with the cause of the war in iraq, and i definately do not agree with conservative republicans

Atreyu
11-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Again hes only human

He's human, yes, but how is that an excuse to not do your job properly?

infantry317
11-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Live and learn, you'll find out how grey the world is. Idealism is for for the ignorant. Nothing is perfect.

Where is your proof that Bush authored a bill that has been turned over to Congress to drop pay 33%?

bens250ex
11-04-2004, 08:02 PM
what people dont get and i dont see why people are so freekin stupid is why the hell would you think kerry would do anybetter???the only thing kerry would do is **** us all over....all he could say is "i have a plan" he would never tell what his plan was though.....but i personally think his only plan was to **** the country up....also he would say im for the war then yet again he said he was against the war????:rolleyes: o yea he ALSO said that he wonted to bring troops back to america lol yet again this trips me up he wonts to send more troops back over their????? kerry is a ****in dumb *** i think bush is doin good......oh yea also if you wonna keep ridin your 4wheelers and such i would vote for bush hes for getting more land to atv's like atv parks and such while kerry wonts to take away atv's....but i dunno that just might be a flip flop to kerry might also say hes for atv's i just can't trust a dumb *** like kerry to rule this country.....and also people from other countries wonted kerry to win so they could try to take controll...bush is strong..bush has my vote onece again....sorry of this pisses anyone off

Atreyu
11-04-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
what people dont get and i dont see why people are so freekin stupid is why the hell would you think kerry would do anybetter???the only thing kerry would do is **** us all over....all he could say is "i have a plan" he would never tell what his plan was though.....but i personally think his only plan was to **** the country up....also he would say im for the war then yet again he said he was against the war????:rolleyes: o yea he ALSO said that he wonted to bring troops back to america lol yet again this trips me up he wonts to send more troops back over their????? kerry is a ****in dumb *** i think bush is doin good......oh yea also if you wonna keep ridin your 4wheelers and such i would vote for bush hes for getting more land to atv's like atv parks and such while kerry wonts to take away atv's....but i dunno that just might be a flip flop to kerry might also say hes for atv's i just can't trust a dumb *** like kerry to rule this country.....and also people from other countries wonted kerry to win so they could try to take controll...bush is strong..bush has my vote onece again....sorry of this pisses anyone off

Where's the proof to Bush opening more ATV Parks?

bens250ex
11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
thats what i heard from a ton of folks...if i find it i will post it. but i have seen bush when they were talkin about him bein on his ranch in texas ridding his 4wheeler

Scott-300ex
11-04-2004, 08:20 PM
no body can get along so just vote for Nater.

bens250ex
11-04-2004, 08:26 PM
thats what i heard from a ton of folks...if i find it i will post it. but i have seen bush when they were talkin about him bein on his ranch in texas ridding his 4wheeler

lol well its over now...

JUSTINcredible
11-04-2004, 08:27 PM
lol well its over now...

dude you realize you just quoted yourself??

lol:p

hondaracer305
11-04-2004, 08:27 PM

I agree, kerry is a fugging dumb*****

btw, if you really think bush wants to close down riding areas, then why was he on the cover of dirtwheels, and they had a whole artical about him.

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:38 PM
c'mon people. do you honestly think our troops are being underfed? paleezzeee:o

there isnt much worse then a 14 year old with wrong info:o

Groomsy
11-04-2004, 08:38 PM
the atv thing is all rumor....just like the rumors that Kerry wanted to take away all guns....WRONG.....he wanted to take away assault rifles from private owners...which i can understand, because the average civilian has no business owning and assault rifle...and honestly...i could care less about atv parks...i have never been to one, and frankly never plan on going to one....i have to many good trails around my hosue to be wastin my time loading my 400 up and hauling it to an atv area.
I honestly hope that bush makes some changes to his economic policy and things of that sort cuz our economy is going down the tube

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:41 PM
geez...i nominate this thread for the "most mis information posted" hall of fame.

you little peckerheads better learn damn fast to ruck up. raghead teenagers will turn your punk azzes out. hell i might allow them to pop a few before i start popping heads:eek:

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
in World War 2 ...14 and 15 year old american kids were lying to get into the army to serve thier country. i doubt we have to worry about that these days

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:48 PM
the atv thing is all rumor....just like the rumors that Kerry wanted to take away all guns....WRONG.....he wanted to take away assault rifles from private owners...which i can understand, because the average civilian has no business owning and assault rifle...

do you know what an assualt rifle is junior? you havent been legally able to own an assualt rifle since the late 1940's.

do me a favor...turn off dan rather and pick up a few history books.and as far as your fat body buddy in iraq...send him a few twinkies if he cant hack MRE's

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:55 PM

hey einstien....it was photoshopped and the entire article was a spoof.

jesus i hope im dead before these people are old enough to be leading this country

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:58 PM
wel from what i have heard from his family......he has lost weight since he has left because of the fatc that he isn't eating enough

Bush is going to ruin the united states...i can see an economic depression in the next 4 years

he lost weight because he isnt sitting on his *** watching tv. he is a soldier. if he cant handle being a soldier tell him to not re-enlist.

you barely have peach fuzz and your an economic analyst. wow.

conservative republicans? i can handle that as long as you wear the label left wing crusader.

Punk'd
11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Yea all you bush haters SHOVE IT hes my homie

GO PAPPY!:macho

cotttonwoody
11-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Let me guess hes in the National Guard. Theres all kinds of over weight, out of shape people in the guard. They seem to complain more too.

Pappy
11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
im not saying not to question our leaders...its our duty.

but you have to watch left wing liberals. they have a knack for distorting the facts.

you take a fat body reservist who never in the world thought he would be called to active duty. he gets called up and 3 weeks later he is in the sand doing what his country is paying him to do and what he VOLUNTEERED to do. now instead of stuffing crispy creams in his sausage holder and sucking on a big gulp he is eating MRE's and drinking water by the gallon. not to mention working his tale end off. most soldiers suck it up and do thier duty while a few cry home to mommy. these are usually the first ones in a bodybag ...with holes in both sides:scary:

i think this 17 year old world traveler is scared he might be called up in some sort of draft. well skippy, thanks to our brave sons and daughters your chickenchit butt is safe at home .....bashing the country, our leader and doing jack squat to support them.

SRH
11-04-2004, 09:14 PM
lol, i honestly think 95% of the united states could be considered retarded...no one can think enough to form there own opinions, some people are just plain stupid, and soldiers arent what they were in past wars, kids today are just lazy, wussy and worthless, i know...im one of them but i try not to be lol so i can see soldiers complaining about how there being fed and conditions and stuff... i just cant beleive some of the stuff i hear people say...one guy i know was asking me and some others what the electrical college was and he voted for bush because he thinks john kerry was gonan steal his guns...actually he only thought that because some guy at the supermarket told him....in my opinion that guy shouldnt be allowed to vote i dont know what to think anymore bush or kerry it doesnt matter to mei just wanna see how things play out in the next few months see if gwb does anything he claims he will...

SRH
11-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
im not saying not to question our leaders...its our duty.

but you have to watch left wing liberals. they have a knack for distorting the facts.

you take a fat body reservist who never in the world thought he would be called to active duty. he gets called up and 3 weeks later he is in the sand doing what his country is paying him to do and what he VOLUNTEERED to do. now instead of stuffing crispy creams in his sausage holder and sucking on a big gulp he is eating MRE's and drinking water by the gallon. not to mention working his tale end off. most soldiers suck it up and do thier duty while a few cry home to mommy. these are usually the first ones in a bodybag ...with holes in both sides:scary:

i think this 17 year old world traveler is scared he might be called up in some sort of draft. well skippy, thanks to our brave sons and daughters your chickenchit butt is safe at home .....bashing the country, our leader and doing jack squat to support them.

pappy, i dont join the army because im not cut out for it, the way all of us are being brought up nowadays i doubt 85% of 18-25 yr olds could handle war, i dont think they should draft because it would just being sending kids over to get killed, id be useless if they drafted me, and im not gonan go over there to die im glad there is guys with the guts to go over there and fight

Pappy
11-04-2004, 09:26 PM
we learned our lesson the hard way with regards to the draft in Vietnam. it would take a major conflict to reinstitute a draft and iraq isnt major.

i have no issue with a person that cant stomach battle. i do have trouble with them when they refuse a support role in the military simply because they are scared.

i voted for bush, and i own firearms. i never bought into the hype that kerry would take our guns.

i agree....america is very vulnerable with regard to the weakness of our youth. i geuss thats why they are constantly protected from the lower class trash that they wouldnt give a second look at on the street. the weakness was brought by peace...thank a soldier for that;)

bansheeguy77
11-04-2004, 09:43 PM
pappy you are my hero. retards like this really get me fired up. WHERE ARE THE FACTS TO BACK ANYTHING YOU SAID UP? whats that? you dont have any, other than your liberal media/mtv watching half a brain? before you can preach or try to persuade other people you are right you have to know what you are talking about. and until you enlist and actually fight you dont know what is going on and you dont know **** about politics or life. im sure there is some biased liberal teacher in school feeding you so full of ****. we had one too, hated that *****.
also do you think they had 3 full course meals during world war I, II, vietnam, hell even desert storm. it is a WAR its not a comfort zone where everything is peachy and you and the family take a stroll down the street on your bikes.
i do believe that we should get out of there let them run their hell hole into a biger hell hole and in 10 years we just blow them up again. but that wont happen, so what you need to do is support our troops and leader. you may not agree with it, some dont but thats life ya gotta DEAL WITH IT. everything cant go your way sorry to tell ya that.....im probably forgetting half the stuff i wanted to say so i will probably be back with more.....

yoshz400rider
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
all i have to say is ur full of chit why would the troops be so Republican and for Bush if they were underfed our soldiers are the toughest in the world and I have the most respect for them and on the war and everything I go with them on it and they on the majority support bush all i have to say is 3.5 million more people agree with me thats why bush is in for 4 more years go get a shotgun and pose in a suit like a loser to look like a hunter I will take bush on his quad and jeans takin care of business
I LOVE DUBYAH

hondaracer305
11-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Somewhere i heard Kerry voted against military funding, what kind of president would he make??

Pappy
11-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer305
Somewhere i heard Kerry voted against military funding, what kind of president would he make??

not to defend kerry or his voting record, but sometimes a bill gets "extra" bills added to them and some congressmen and senators that voted for the original bill may have to vote against it because of the added amendments. its not all black and white

yoshz400rider
11-04-2004, 10:21 PM
kerry voted against the funding for armor and such

Pappy
11-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by yoshz400rider
kerry voted against the funding for armor and such

as much as i dislike kerry, that is an incorrect statement.

there are several places online that you can review what the original funding bill was, and what was added to it that made several represenatives change thier vote.

all i am saying, is that there is more then meets the eye with alot of the so called" votes" that were played on during the campaign.

trust me....i think kerry is a duesh but incorrect facts are still incorrect no matter how many times they are repeated

n00b on a 400ex
11-04-2004, 11:18 PM
hell, just yesterday i asked this army dude in my high school if its possible to drop out and join. i seriously would if it was possible, i hate my school, all the teachers are dumbasses who dont teach you jack $hit needed for the real world...unless its the algebraic equation 2x+x½/3x=4y, cause everyone knows i use that equation every day. hell in WWII kids my age were droppin out and joining the army, why cant we today?

Cole Trane
11-05-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
hell, just yesterday i asked this army dude in my high school if its possible to drop out and join. i seriously would if it was possible, i hate my school, all the teachers are dumbasses who dont teach you jack $hit needed for the real world...unless its the algebraic equation 2x+x½/3x=4y, cause everyone knows i use that equation every day. hell in WWII kids my age were droppin out and joining the army, why cant we today?

You have to have at least a GED to join the military. Even then, they only have to accept so many people with GED educations per year. My advice would be to stay in school and graduate.

Hammer trx450r
11-05-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Ever think hes putting everything on Iraq so that Osoma comes out from his hole.. Because if he knew we were comeing for him he would just hide..

Makes you think dont it. Im sure there are many thing WE as U.S. citizens dont even kno that would make us want bush as our president just some things cant be told aka TOP SECRET

We are useing a WAR as a diversion tactic? WTF are u saying?

Guy400
11-05-2004, 04:42 AM
<shaking head> There's so much wrong in this thread I don't even know where to start...

I just hope some of these 15 year old kids grow up by the time I'm selecting someone in their age bracket to be my president.

Runnin Dumb
11-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Iraq war!!!!!!!!! Been there, Done that!!!!!!!!
It's a damn war!!!!!!!! 52 years old!!!!!!! Did I lose a few pounds? You bet your candy bars I did. But it wasn't cause I didn't get fed. MREs have 1800-2000 cals in every meal. It was hot as hell and you lost the fat you didn't need.
Bush put my butt over there and ya know what? He got my vote. Don't wantta go back, but , by God if he says RD I need ya again, I'm there for him. My $1.02 worth------

k2-dawg
11-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
WTF IS THAT?!?! 1 meal a day that is so much chit! i knew i wantd kerry to win for a reason and thats a dam good one.

And WTF would Kerry do? Give the troops some Heinz ketchup, that's made in Mexico.

initall
11-05-2004, 06:46 AM
This thread is a bunch of crap

I have two good friends and a cousin there now. And that is not true. This is how rumors get started. That is a load of crap. Use your head, do you really think our government would do that? No one could survive on those conditions in that heat, especially since these troops bodies are used to at least three meals a day. If they did that their bodies would shut down. With that heat the body burns so many calories just to keep cool.

USE YOUR HEAD BEFORE YOU TYPE THAT CRAP. IT IS COMMON SENSE.

And yes of course I would like tro see my friends and family and all the trrops back. But they did sign up for the military under there own will. I have nothing but the highest respect for our troops and will support them in whatever they do!

freakystone
11-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Simple minded people is what the government wants.

All it takes is one guy to write one letter about one bad day he had out in the field and you simple minded people think that is the norm.

Get a life and starting thinking for yourself. And quit being so naive. Dumb*****es!

exriderdude
11-05-2004, 07:21 AM
hell in WWII kids my age were droppin out and joining the army, why cant we today?

in WWII we were suddenly and deliberately attacked by japan. maybe that seemed like a good enough reason for someone to drop out of school and serve their country. but i dont see anyone giving up their life to go fight in a pointless war that was started only by personal and false reasons by our own retarded president.

maybe the war would be more accepted if we actually went after the people responsible for 9/11.

MY450R
11-05-2004, 07:27 AM
i didnt read the entire post but all i have to say is that i dont believe that they are not getting enough food
1 meal a day i say bull chit

Runnin Dumb
11-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
i didnt read the entire post but all i have to say is that i dont believe that they are not getting enough food
1 meal a day i say bull chit

You are correct!!! It's B/S. One meal a day means a hot chow hall meal. I had cases and cases of MREs. And ever meal has a heater in it to heat it up. For all you people who don't know what your talkin' about unless you've been there----STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chucked
11-05-2004, 08:18 AM

no one really learns anything in school, you dont start really learning a trade until college. Im in my 2nd year of college and I still havent really learned anything, I will next semester though :tired:

MY450R
11-05-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Dumb
You are correct!!! It's B/S. One meal a day means a hot chow hall meal. I had cases and cases of MREs. And ever meal has a heater in it to heat it up. For all you people who don't know what your talkin' about unless you've been there----STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i hear ya they arent to bad eating either
some of them are actually pretty good for what they are

k2-dawg
11-05-2004, 08:42 AM
IT'S WAR FOR CRISSAKES!!!

It's for protecting our freedoms and our way of life. It's not supposed to be easy and nice, it's a dirty job and somebody's got to do it, AND I thank every one our troops over there doing just that, AND the Commander in Chief who sent them over there.

And for all you liberal ***** out there, you wouldn't have your voice or say if it weren't for our freedoms.

XANDADA
11-05-2004, 11:02 AM
Thanks RD:cool:

Pappy
11-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude
in WWII we were suddenly and deliberately attacked by japan. maybe that seemed like a good enough reason for someone to drop out of school and serve their country. but i dont see anyone giving up their life to go fight in a pointless war that was started only by personal and false reasons by our own retarded president.

maybe the war would be more accepted if we actually went after the people responsible for 9/11.

you really make no case for your arguement. we were suddenly attacked on 9/11, we lost more lives on 9/11 then pearl harbor and once again, we were attacked wether you'd like to believe that or not.

get ready son...your *** maybe on the line before you know it if the terrorist step up operations. maybe we will see how pointless it is if your loved ones are ripped to pieces by johnny al-quida on thier way to work.

some people in this country make me want to puke.

Groomsy
11-05-2004, 02:28 PM
dang i didn't expect this big of a response to my post....
what u have to understand, is that from where i am from we r used to 3 if not 4 meals a day....great meals at our highschools..so i can understand why my Army friend may feel underfed
we r from a major democratic stronghold county in southern ohio so we have never really had much confidence in the Republican Party
i made this thread to just i guess vent some anger towards the president's re-election and the war in Iraq,...not to offend anyone or start a huge argument
like was said by another member i would not care to go and fight in a war that i believe had a good cause...but the war in iraq simply did not have the greatest of causes. I would fight in Afghanistan just to kill those Al-Quaeda *******s for 9-11, but i would not fight in Iraq because Bush just wanted that war so he could finish what his daddy started
i am terribly sorry if i have offended anyone or caused friends to quarel over this thread....i just needed to let out some anger, and i figured what better place to do it than on a forum where i would have ppl to talk to with similar views, and a small group of people to have civilized debate with, but this seems to have got out of hand

Butters
11-05-2004, 03:34 PM
you really make no case for your arguement. we were suddenly attacked on 9/11, we lost more lives on 9/11 then pearl harbor and once again, we were attacked wether you'd like to believe that or not.

get ready son...your *** maybe on the line before you know it if the terrorist step up operations. maybe we will see how pointless it is if your loved ones are ripped to pieces by johnny al-quida on thier way to work.

some people in this country make me want to puke.

how did he not make a point? iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. most of the people on those planes were from saudi arabia, but you don't see us attacking them. of course not Bush is way to good of friends with the Saudi prince to attack them.

Pappy
11-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Butters
how did he not make a point? iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. most of the people on those planes were from saudi arabia, but you don't see us attacking them. of course not Bush is way to good of friends with the Saudi prince to attack them.

try reading the facts and youll see that there is clearly NO connection between Bush and the Saudi royal family on 9/11. the stories of the royal family being given special treatment on 9/11 was proved false.

and the passenger list on the planes used in the 9/11 attacks is public knowledge. i have seen them and i dont remeber seeing to aweful many ragheads names on the list except for the friggon hijackers.

he made the comparison between 9/11 and pearl harbor. he was incorrect by not stating we were also deliberatley and suddenly attacked on 9/11 therefore breaking any common ground between the two major events.

as far as us fighting in Iraq. i agree, i dont believe we went to war soley for terrorism reasons....however it sure seems alot of them popped up there and just happen to be responsible for alot of the hostilities that continue there:ermm: al zaqawi is personally responsible for decapitating atleast 3 americans that they know of and he is one of bin ladens top al quada members and he just happens to be in iraq? get real folks.

Samson
11-05-2004, 03:56 PM
LMAO! You tell 'em Pappy!

Am I the only one that wishes Pappy would run for office!

He'd have my vote!!!! :)

Pappy
11-05-2004, 03:59 PM
im noone special....i just read alot and try to get the big picture.

and if i did run and win.....i would reinstitue corporal punishment so out teachers could knock some sense into some of these idiots

chucked
11-05-2004, 05:01 PM
im noone special....i just read alot and try to get the big picture.

and if i did run and win.....i would reinstitue corporal punishment so out teachers could knock some sense into some of these idiots

the us would be so much better, have u seen any of them shows with like "my 4 year old is out of control" the kid is like 4 and beating thier parents and smokin and everything! WTF! BEAT HIS ***!!!!!!!

infantry317
11-05-2004, 07:32 PM
LOFL!!!:devil:

DEAL
11-06-2004, 06:39 AM
83 cents and rising :D

Samson
11-06-2004, 08:43 AM

Surely you could beat Hillary!

.....even if you didn't win the election! :devil:

Woodsrider
11-06-2004, 08:46 AM
I didn't read the entire thread, and this may have been covered by one of the other vets on the site, but either your friend is lieing out his ***, or was mis-quoted.
The men and women in Iraq are getting fed plenty. They are getting one hot meal a day and two MRE. this is a normal chow schedule for a deployment. When his pansy *** is missing the two MRE then let him cry foul. Each MRE alone has over 2400 calories, so if your pudgy cry baby buddy is getting at least one of those a day he is getting fed plenty. Its war for christ sake not summer camp:rolleyes:
As a combat vet I speak from experience. If I would have eaten all the chow they gave us in battle, I would have gained 20 lbs.
So if you think your portly pal, needs more to eat, or a moral booster, send him some cookies.

Rastus
11-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Runnin Dumb
Iraq war!!!!!!!!! Been there, Done that!!!!!!!!
It's a damn war!!!!!!!! 52 years old!!!!!!! Did I lose a few pounds? You bet your candy bars I did. But it wasn't cause I didn't get fed. MREs have 1800-2000 cals in every meal. It was hot as hell and you lost the fat you didn't need.
Bush put my butt over there and ya know what? He got my vote. Don't wantta go back, but , by God if he says RD I need ya again, I'm there for him. My $1.02 worth------

It's people like this that I have the utmost Respect for.:macho :)

Butters
11-07-2004, 01:39 PM
try reading the facts and youll see that there is clearly NO connection between Bush and the Saudi royal family on 9/11. the stories of the royal family being given special treatment on 9/11 was proved false.

and the passenger list on the planes used in the 9/11 attacks is public knowledge. i have seen them and i dont remeber seeing to aweful many ragheads names on the list except for the friggon hijackers.

he made the comparison between 9/11 and pearl harbor. he was incorrect by not stating we were also deliberatley and suddenly attacked on 9/11 therefore breaking any common ground between the two major events.

as far as us fighting in Iraq. i agree, i dont believe we went to war soley for terrorism reasons....however it sure seems alot of them popped up there and just happen to be responsible for alot of the hostilities that continue there:ermm: al zaqawi is personally responsible for decapitating atleast 3 americans that they know of and he is one of bin ladens top al quada members and he just happens to be in iraq? get real folks.

i never said there was connection to the bush and saudi royal family on 9/11. i said they were friends. also i never said everone on the planes were saudis or any other middle eastern type. i was saying that none of the hijackers were iraqi's.

Pappy
11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
i never said there was connection to the bush and saudi royal family on 9/11. i said they were friends. also i never said everone on the planes were saudis or any other middle eastern type. i was saying that none of the hijackers were iraqi's.

very good. now you can draw a conclusion as to why we didnt attack saudi arabia?

iraq was chosen to be the battle ground to fight terrorists (they are there) and it was also to send a message to other middle eastern countries. plain and simple....we knew we could go pound iraq and noone besides france and germany would get the noses bent.

now, can you tell me what countries are NOW supporting the war on terrorism that didnt before the war started;)

Butters
11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
very good. now you can draw a conclusion as to why we didnt attack saudi arabia?

iraq was chosen to be the battle ground to fight terrorists (they are there) and it was also to send a message to other middle eastern countries. plain and simple....we knew we could go pound iraq and noone besides france and germany would get the noses bent.

now, can you tell me what countries are NOW supporting the war on terrorism that didnt before the war started;)

i guess i am not getting your point. are you saying that saudi supports are war on terrisim?? i mean that may be so but why do they house terrorize within their own country??

Pappy
11-07-2004, 04:55 PM
i guess i am not getting your point. are you saying that saudi supports are war on terrisim?? i mean that may be so but why do they house terrorize within their own country??

the middle east is a *****hole dude. no one has ever taken a stand against any of them because of the oil. iraq is a waste land comprised of hussien and his army. the usa marches in there, liberates them ...and ofcourse after time they will be able to govern themselves hopefully in a democratic way. so think down the road a few years and say iraq is a normal..civilized country. its people are free from tyrany, its economy is flourishing and the rest of the world trades with them openly. are the poeple in iraq likely to want to go back to terrorism ...or have leadership like they had under hussein?

my point is that no matter how diplomatic we could have been (remeber we and the U.N. have been trying since long before the first gulf war to get things fixed) the fact remains boots would need to meet the sand and blood would be spilled. the 9/11 attacks sparked this. iraq may not have been linked to 9/11 but what iraq stood for and the way the middle east is lined up someone was going to get an *** kicking. i would have much rather had us in IRAQ then tearing thru IRAN or SYRIA. why? simply put....we are doing alot of things that will eventually lead to a lasting peace in the middle east. history doesnt occur overnight.

so many people argue this subject from the "now" perspective and thats inncorrect logic. logic dictates that we need to form an opinion on something of this in terms of decades. that doesnt mean you cant dis agree with the war, but sit back and look at the larger picture thats forming.

now, the royal family. my view on them is that as long as they didnt piss anyone off they were good to go. they knew damn well terrorists were in thier country traing and plotting. but since clinton (8 years and no action) wasnt putting a boot in thier *** why should they get too concerned. now 9/11 happens and bush is dropping ragheads wholesale and geuss what...the royal family takes action. funny how you bust a bully in the nose and his brothers and cousins seem to tighten up and fly right.

now all this is merely my opinion, you are free to disagree.

Butters
11-07-2004, 09:42 PM
ok now i have some perspective to where it is you are going. even though i still don't think you ever addressed the Bush and Saudi family thing i'm more interested in your view for Iraq's future. i understand that Hussein was a piece of crap and didn't need to be there. but the fact is why should America be the one to dictate that he shouldn't be in power?? i know we weren't the only one, but i have a real problem with us going in there and taking care of the problem. they really weren't are main area of concern. finding bin laden and kicking his *** is our problem.

you say that we should look to the future of Iraq. yeah it would be nice to have a middle eastern country thats not in chaos every friggun day, but is that really possible. we though Israel was going to be some great asset and all it is is a pain. yeah they are our ally, but everyday almost you hear of a car bombing or something along those lines. the point i'm trying to make is that we may make Iraq a democratic nation, but thats not going to stop the radical Muslim groups from raining terror on the Iraqis. if anything its going to be hell for them since they will be living in freedom. thats the reason most middle easterners don't like America is because of our freedom. they definately aren't going to like it right in their back yard.

exriderdude
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM
yes, we were attacked on 9/11, and thats why i made the comparison. my point was, that we are not goin after the ones responsible, instead we went after a country who basically had nothing to do with it... ofcourse we could say they are harboring terrorists, what middle east country isnt? everyone knows the middle east is a ***** hole, they all harbor terrorists who hate our guts. their is a reason we went after iraq and hussein, and i believe it was in Bush's personal interests.

yes, i am against this war. i think it is unneccesary and greedy. if we would have put our efforts into getting bin laden i would be all for it, and so would many others.

you said that noone has ever taken a stand against them because of their oil... i believe that is the sole reason we are taking a stand now...

to put it all in a nutshell, without all the wordy political bs. we were attacked by bin laden and went after sadaam. period.

iceracer65
11-08-2004, 02:29 PM
in case you all havent noticed war is ALWAYS big money for the government...after WW2 (the biggest economical boom in U.S. history) the korea war and the vietnam war took place to open trade roots with china and others (just look at just about anything imported before and after..."made in china, taiwan, etc.) and now iraq for the oil that a nation who owns over 80% of the worlds vehicles...you and me!! all you can do is support the people sacrificing their lives for the greed of a greedy country.

MOFO
11-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by iceracer65
all you can do is support the people sacrificing their lives for the greed of a greedy country.

man, I just got done reading this thread and was amazed by the BS in it!

...now I read this heap of BS added to the pile. :rolleyes:

iceracer65
11-08-2004, 03:01 PM
...just figured everyone else is talking chit...i actually have no clue.(and i dont think most others do either;) )

Rastus
11-08-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm amazed by some people..., seriously.

When will people realise that Bin Laden is NOT the only extremist terrorist out there? Just because we find and capture him, that doesn't mean the whole war against terror is over. Granted, it would be a victory.., but this war will take resolve if we want to win against terrorism.

Terrorists realise that Iraq would be a major turning point in the Middle East.., and they will stop at practically nothing to keep it the way it is. Their whole way of life would change in a Free society.., and in a good way. Without a way to enforce their beliefs, the terrorists can't spread their hate and malice. Without a way to keep the people suppressed.., they can't silence opposition. Do you see what I'm saying here?

:ermm:

Butters
11-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Rastus
I'm amazed by some people..., seriously.

When will people realise that Bin Laden is NOT the only extremist terrorist out there? Just because we find and capture him, that doesn't mean the whole war against terror is over. Granted, it would be a victory.., but this war will take resolve if we want to win against terrorism.

Terrorists realise that Iraq would be a major turning point in the Middle East.., and they will stop at practically nothing to keep it the way it is. Their whole way of life would change in a Free society.., and in a good way. Without a way to enforce their beliefs, the terrorists can't spread their hate and malice. Without a way to keep the people suppressed.., they can't silence opposition. Do you see what I'm saying here?

:ermm:

ok so you have a point. but that goes along with what i am saying that if and when Iraq becomes a completly free nation, without America or anyones help, it will go through hell as we America does with terrorist. they will be jealous so they will terrorize them just as they've done and will do to us. its merely a neverending battle that we should just defend when we are brought to do so.

MOFO
11-08-2004, 08:40 PM
its merely a neverending battle that we should just defend when we are brought to do so.

so it would have been ok to let Hitler take control of Europe? With what you just said, we never should have been invovled in taking Hitler out...

It would be ok for the terrorists to grow to the point where they have enough "power" to control what happens in the world!?!? Now is the time that we MUST take a stand before they become a larger, more powerful force we have to deal with. Why let them corrupt and take over the world? I'd much rather take them all out, one by one, right now... if you wait 10 years, without doing anything, they will be 10x stronger.

Rastus
11-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Yea.., I agree that people will always be in conflict in the Middle East. They're are so many completely different religions in close proximity.

But I find it hard to do nothing when someone like that would enjoy nothing more than killing Americans. I think it's better that we bring it closer to them.., instead of closer at home.

Think about all the illegal Immigrants that enter the U.S. daily..., just because they ( or their children ) will have a better chance at a good life. Can't you see that happen in Iraq?

( Sorry if I stepped on any toes.., :scary: )

Butters
11-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
so it would have been ok to let Hitler take control of Europe? With what you just said, we never should have been invovled in taking Hitler out...

It would be ok for the terrorists to grow to the point where they have enough "power" to control what happens in the world!?!? Now is the time that we MUST take a stand before they become a larger, more powerful force we have to deal with. Why let them corrupt and take over the world? I'd much rather take them all out, one by one, right now... if you wait 10 years, without doing anything, they will be 10x stronger.

actually if you would have paid alittle more attention you would realize thats not what i said. i said when it is brought to us. meaning we (America) are attacked and brought into conflict, not the other way around.

Butters
11-08-2004, 09:05 PM

on a larger note Hitler's attacks affected us. he attacked many of our ships with innocent American tourist on them. not only did he attack those but more than a handful of trade ships that we were trying to get to other countries. so in that respect he was attacking us as a nation.

MOFO
11-08-2004, 09:10 PM
actually if you would have paid alittle more attention you would realize thats not what i said. i said when it is brought to us. meaning we (America) are attacked and brought into conflict, not the other way around.

sorry, but I thought you were making a point saying that Iraq will still be attacked by terrorists and what we are doing isnt really going to help...also that we should only defend our selves when attacked. The reason I say this is because what we are doing in Iraq is a pro-active (offensive) move, rather than waiting for them to become a DIRECT threat.

If I took your post the wrong way, I appologize.

:cool:

Pappy
11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
enough...nuke'em:scary:

Butters
11-08-2004, 09:27 PM
sorry, but I thought you were making a point saying that Iraq will still be attacked by terrorists and what we are doing isnt really going to help...also that we should only defend our selves when attacked. The reason I say this is because what we are doing in Iraq is a pro-active (offensive) move, rather than waiting for them to become a DIRECT threat.

If I took your post the wrong way, I appologize.

:cool:

in no one is this not going to help. of course in some way, even though it may not be exactly what we were expecting, it will help. i was saying that Iraq will still be hit by terrorist, but like i stated it will be due to jealousy. but on the other hand when something is going good there will always be someone to mess things up. i really hope Iraq ends up like Japan does, except that they defend themselves. i hope that Iraq becomes a prosperous democratic nation that helps our economy with oil, much as Japan does with electronics, and those 4-wheelers we all love to ride.