PDA

View Full Version : 400ex gearing

mach5racing4
11-04-2004, 06:43 PM
does anyone change there stock sprockets for wheelieing? let me know, i am not having trouble with the stock gearing but i was wondering.

11-05-2004, 11:05 PM
well people might go down a tooth on the front for more torque. to pop the front up easier.

ny400
11-08-2004, 06:22 PM
keep it stock or go up i do wheelies day and night its easy to get up already just hit the gas...mines stock and i tap the gas it comes up and i can ride them till mid 5th then i run out of a strait path. i would rather a longer first to do stupid sh*t but im used to it already doesnt bother me now

Mikesamillion
11-08-2004, 06:43 PM
well here is a pic of me with stock gearing.

http://myweb.cableone.net/subcivic/images/MVC-497S.JPG

oh and yes i know im a squid:devil:

Nausty
11-08-2004, 08:57 PM
it might help a little bit but honestly it should be fine because its possible to pop it up in any gear in the regular position.

44oEX
11-09-2004, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
well here is a pic of me with stock gearing.

http://myweb.cableone.net/subcivic/images/MVC-497S.JPG

oh and yes i know im a squid:devil:

nice helmet:huh

Mikesamillion
11-09-2004, 10:08 AM
yes that helmet is great. light airy its almost like you dont even have one on at all...hahaha i know its dumb but the helmet i have now is to tight and gives me a head ache in just a few short min. i need to get a new one asap but i just cant make my mind up on which one i want.

44oEX
11-09-2004, 10:32 AM
a head ache is alot better then a busted head.:ermm:

Mikesamillion
11-09-2004, 03:34 PM
point taken...:blah:

LazeR
11-11-2004, 01:35 AM
I'd leave it stock, i can ride a wheelie as long as i want, even with someone on the back! Mikes, get that front end up a lil more so your on the balance point ;) and sit down lol im just messing with ya except for the balance point part...

CAMPRO
11-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Gearing depends. What elevation do you ride at? I'm at 10,500ft and I dropped one tooth in the front to help my 440 with wheelies. At that elevation... I just don't make enough power for stock gearing to wheelie in any gear. As it is, with all the motor mods and the re-gearing... it's still hard to get my quad to wheelie in higher gears. 5th gear is out of the question unless you're standing on the grab bar.

-Drew

Mikesamillion
11-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Mikes, get that front end up a lil more so your on the balance point ;) and sit down lol im just messing with ya except for the balance point part...

Ya i know. Im still a rookie and kind of just learning all this stuff. Plus I didnt have much room to ride the wheelie out in that pic and the person takeing the photos wasnt all that great either.

LazeR
11-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Mikesamillion
Ya i know. Im still a rookie and kind of just learning all this stuff. Plus I didnt have much room to ride the wheelie out in that pic and the person takeing the photos wasnt all that great either.

Just practice, also it is easier to wheelie sitting down, a lot easier to stay with the balance point and tap the brake if need be

DaleJrFan
11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
i went down one tooth in the front just to get more low end power, in doing that it is hard to keep the front end down now. hey mike, any good riding spots down in altus?

Mikesamillion
11-14-2004, 12:47 AM
na man not that i know of. the lake is cool when its open but its closed this time of year. and i have only had my quad about a month.

DaleJrFan
11-14-2004, 08:36 AM
have you ever been to lake murrey, it has a ton of trails and isnt too far away, the best is still little sahara!!!

Mikesamillion
11-14-2004, 12:30 PM
na i havent even heard of lake murrey. im gonna look into it though thanks. there is also a place here call red clay something. but i havent ever been there either.

DaleJrFan
11-14-2004, 02:04 PM
lake murrey is just south of ardmore,they have around 1200 acres of really great trails. the place you are also talking about is red clay canyon in snyder. heard it was nice but rough on sport bikes.

Mikesamillion
11-14-2004, 02:09 PM
well damn synder is no more than 20 min from me. im gonna look into that one for sure. ill let you know about it when i go. the rain kept us from riding down here this weekend. sucks.

DaleJrFan
11-14-2004, 02:15 PM
i didnt rain here till today, we rode on the canadian in purcell. it is a awesome place to ride. my wife and i were wanting to check out snyder cause on their site it says they have good camping. you should check out this site- atvconnection.com click on fourums,then club news and events. there is a link for central ok atv club. check out those post. there is group of guys around here that ride all over oklahoma.