PDA

View Full Version : 400ex brake pads

mach5racing4
11-04-2004, 04:12 PM
do good brake pads make a difference over stock brake pads? i am trying stoppies but my front brakes wont lock and the bike is like a month and a half old. let me know thanks

JDiablo
11-04-2004, 04:16 PM
no,actually the stock brake pads are prolly the best out there just because they last the longest,also steel braided brake lines help alot,you have to be on a small incline of somewhat that helps too,otherwise just lean forward and jam those brakes

6858-400ex
11-16-2004, 09:12 PM
i have severe duty pads they work nice

Poyntman400ex
11-17-2004, 11:00 AM
I think that I too need brakes. Is it difficult to do, I have a clymers manual. I went to use my back brakes and the brake pedal went all the way down but no brakes. Should I add more brake fluid. I have a '02 400ex.

Destructo
11-17-2004, 08:13 PM
I just went to my local honda dealer and they charged me 37 bucks after tax for the *******s :rolleyes: I won't be buying the front pads there, I wanted to ride the next day though and my rear pads were gone entirely. You can get them for a good price through service honda though I think, I don't have any trouble locking my rear brakes up.

brake pads are a peice of cake, i'v never had a bike or quad with disc brakes and I replaced mine in like 5 mins with no manual or anything, all you need to do is remove the caliper, take old pads out, press the piston back into the caliper with a c-clamp, installed new pads same way old ones came out and put it back together. There are two bolts that go through the caliper on the back that go through the two holes in the pads to hold them in, its easier to loosen those before you un-bolt the caliper.