PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Wheelie Bars (sand-dirt-pavement)

BIGDUMPY
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
need help finding wheelie bars for 400ex. Thanks

muddy400EX
11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
the grab bar does a pretty good job. i do wheelies all the time and i put it on the grab all the time and ive never flipped it or anything. but it could be a little longer so aftermarket pipes dont hit the road and scratch up.

Toadz400
11-05-2004, 10:48 AM
The guy probably drags and runs a highly powerful engine, so a grab bar isn't going to do. In a drag you do not want your front wheels coming off the ground otherwise you will be losing time letting off the gas to keep it down.

Sorry, can't help you with finding wheelie bars, I myself have never seen them in a magazine or on a website.

nakomis0
11-05-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I have seen them on Ebay, almost positive I have.

It goes on in replace of your rear skid plate. so i say check ebay

1fast400ex
11-05-2004, 02:44 PM
just get an extended swing arm makes it more interesting without the sissybar. joking aside make you one out of some chrome molly tubing or some light weight tubing. you would be better to mount the bottom bars to the foot pegs and the top to the grab bar or seat latch area.

markk
11-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
the grab bar does a pretty good job. i do wheelies all the time and i put it on the grab all the time and ive never flipped it or anything. but it could be a little longer so aftermarket pipes dont hit the road and scratch up.

Thats not exaclty what he is talkin about i dont think!!

Well man i do know that I have never sceen them for sale anywhere, But when i went to the Illinois State harescramble, They where also having drag races that weekend.
Alot, most of the wheelie bars that i saw looked homemade. I would imagin, that your could build a pretty durable set with some aluminum tubing. And mabey get a little tire off of somthing like a small scooter. Alot of the wheelie bars that i saw seemed to me to be about 3-5inches off the ground, With the rider sitting on them!!
Also, for u drag racers, What makes having a solid front end better than on with suspension still????:confused:

1fast400ex
11-05-2004, 05:33 PM
with a solid front end you dont get the upward spring, makes the bike sit lower. and the main reason is to save weight. even in the rear a strut will hook harder than a shock. on the wheelie bar most people around here run gocart slicks. aluminium tubing usually will break after a few runs. really needs to be thin steel or chromemolly.

gratzracing24
11-05-2004, 05:36 PM
My brothers friends dad made my brother one for his 250r and ive seen many homemade ones on like hte drag banshees and everything and if u need to i think it will work on a 400ex...but a set of 300ex shocks and put them on and ur front end will sit alot lower and it wont come up as easy