PDA

View Full Version : Rancher rev limiter

Jim300ex
04-15-2002, 08:01 PM
did anyone else notice the extremely low rev limiter on the rancher why is it that low, do ranchers have an overheating problem because i know they have fans too.

04-15-2002, 10:18 PM
probaly because their made for work

400exJOE
04-15-2002, 10:23 PM
I have a honda foreman 400 and that thinng is all low end grunt. The power flattens right out over 4000 rpms. It is an all out worker. As for the fan, they have fans because they are air cooled and don't travel at a high enough speed to get the air flowing past the engines to keep them real cool...my fan rarely comes on tho.

oynot400
04-16-2002, 06:08 AM
I have a Rancher and the only way I have made the fan come on is to work the engine. Yesterday afternoon (high temp of 91) I was pulling a 5' disk on my track. After about one lap the fan kicked on. I only went around about 3 times but the fan did not go off until I unhooked the disk and ran it up the road about a mile. I think that was the only time I have heard the fan kick on.
I wish the Rancher had a little more power, I might look into a 375 kit and cam to help it out. :devil

ChadEXer
04-16-2002, 12:13 PM
I sold both of my Ranchers because the suns a guns kept gettin water in em! Got tired of rebuildin em! I dont know what it is about the Ranchers but they dont hold up in mud and water!! they leak at the drive shaft and where the pull starter is!!

oynot400
04-16-2002, 12:29 PM
The main reason I got my Rancher was to play in the water! There are about five or six Ranchers in my area and that is all they do in the summer is water dogg'in. Granted this does require more maintaince, oil changes in the motor and gear boxes.
The only thing better in the water than a Rancher is a TRX300 4x4!

ChadEXer
04-16-2002, 02:50 PM
Yeah the 300 definately holds up better in water and mud than any 4x4 ever built. I have a 300 that Im owner financing to a friend! the 300 has less power and less ground clearance than the Rancher though!!

bigbadbrad
04-16-2002, 04:28 PM
just go see high lifter and they will take care of the clearence problems. my dad has a 2000 trx 300 4x4(last year they made them) they just keep on going and going in the water the only thing that stops me with it is the crapy stock tires. i got a ?'s about it though. today i was riding it and then pull ing a trailer and i stoped it to load up the trailer and the electrics were not working. i kickstarted it and they worked will it was on but as soon as i killed they motor they stopped working, but the winch solinaid wass still clicking when i turned the key on and off (it's a warn winch that is why it clicks. plese help me cuz i do all the mechanical work on my atvs and i need to know what to do.:confused: