PDA

View Full Version : Hipers and Klaws

ZSK
11-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Purchased the whole set of Klaws for my 400. The rears went on no problems and hold air like they are supposed to. My question is about the fronts. When I bolted the rings on and torqued and re torqued all of the bolts the bead leaked around the ring. About 3 spots I could feel the air coming out. The first I pumped it up more and it sealed up (the ring side, the bead seated correctly into the non beadlock) and is still holding 2 days later to what I set it at. The second leaked worse than the first and tried the same with no luck. I'm going to pull the ring off and rotate it about a 1/4 turn and try again. If that's no luck, should I just silicone the bead on there and torque the ring down? BTW Fronts are 21X7X10 and the rears are 20X11X9

Pappy
11-04-2004, 08:16 AM
every once in awhile youll run acroos a beadlock that doesnt like to seal. it sounds like you are doing everything i would be doing.

if it wont seal after the measures you are taking, give hiper a call and im certain they will remedy any issues

cdalejef
11-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Are you sure the bead is sitting in its recess all the way around?

JDiablo
11-04-2004, 10:25 AM
a lil off the subject here,but pappy what are burgard beads suppose to be torqued at?8lbs?and i would give silicone a try,even though i just bought beadlocks and got them yesterday,im going to put silicone on the beads

ZSK
11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Are you sure the bead is sitting in its recess all the way around?

I think that might be some of the problem, but I'm going to pull it off and make sure, more than likely silicone it on.

Pappy
11-04-2004, 12:26 PM
10 pounds is what spec is on burgards. i just snug them up in a criss cross pattern and havent ever had any issues.

jeff is corrects, sometimes the bead area has a lip pf thing rubber that is left over from the manufactuing process and could be the problem.

JDiablo
11-04-2004, 12:31 PM
so you don't use a torque wrench?you just snug um up good?i have one but it is at my lakehouse htough:o