PDA

View Full Version : performance exhaust

plain ole 450r
11-03-2004, 08:33 PM
www.viciouscycleperformance.com/

ZRider400
11-04-2004, 08:51 PM
:huh thats the most retarted looking exhaust i have ever seen.

joe1l
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Holy Crap $700 for the exhaust!!! :eek2:

devil6
11-04-2004, 10:47 PM
LOL, but what u don't know is how bad it makes all the other exhausts look on a dyno. I've seen his dyno pulls and the dynojet dont lie. His 450r and raptor never got beat all day at the dunes a couple months back. It flat out works.

jmpulse
11-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by devil6
LOL, but what u don't know is how bad it makes all the other exhausts look on a dyno. I've seen his dyno pulls and the dynojet dont lie. His 450r and raptor never got beat all day at the dunes a couple months back. It flat out works.

Then what are the gains? The company is affrait to tell what the gains are.

devil6
11-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by jmpulse
Then what are the gains? The company is affrait to tell what the gains are. Why don't u email them and ask them. I'm sure they will give you the numbers u want. Heck, he might even email u a dyno sheet. He is far from afraid to give dyno numbers. The whole reason this exhaust was designed is because the owner, who i have met and rode both his raptor and 450r, was sick and tired of exhaust companys pedalling dressed up glasspacks to you guys for big $$$. Think about it, where is there ANY difference in pipe design besides headpipe diamater?
Not in the silencer, thats for sure. They are all a sttraight through design with packing. A glasspack.a dressed up cherrybomb from your local autoparts store. This company has tested almost every 450 pipe on the market. saw the number diff, and did them better. There is a neat lil thing called science. Do you really think that cone on the back is just for looks? hmmm?
No, it's functional. Besides. Peak numbers that you guys quote mean nothing, you dont tell, or even know that alot of pipes loose power in certain areas of the powerband. That midrange hit you often feel is ofter the result of a low end dip in the powercurve. This pipe gives gains where they are usable. anyways. For the info you want, email them. They are quite the friendly company. Any questions will probably be answered within a day or so. this pipe is no joke, i know what i saw, and felt. It's a winner for me, and my 450 will be wearing one soon.

jmpulse
11-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Why don't u email them and ask them. I'm sure they will give you the numbers u want. Heck, he might even email u a dyno sheet. He is far from afraid to give dyno numbers.

I did e-mail them, and they sent back a message, that they don't play the dyno game. They also stated that they were going to be in the pubs soon, so I could see the gains there!

So would please post the gains on the Raptor, and the TRX450R, and if the dyno sheets are so free to see, please post them too.

Thanks

devil6
11-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jmpulse
I did e-mail them, and they sent back a message, that they don't play the dyno game. They also stated that they were going to be in the pubs soon, so I could see the gains there!

So would please post the gains on the Raptor, and the TRX450R, and if the dyno sheets are so free to see, please post them too.

Thanks WEll i havent talked with the owner in about a month, but if he doesent want to supply numbers, then i;m not going against his wishes and doing it. I saw the sheet, in his garage, the night we got back from the dunes. He was quite happy with the performance his pipes showed that day, and showed me the readout. And it wasn't fake. I saw the dynojet the numbers came from. I guess you'll have to wait for dirtwheels like everyone else. I thought for sure he'd give em out, but like i said, peak numbers can be misleading. and he prob doesent want his numbers compared to someone elses that didnt EXACTLY tell u what was done. jetting ,airbox, where the humbers were in the curve etc. I dont blame some of you guys for being skeptical, small company coming from nowhere and claiming more that there pipe is best, but just because it doesent say sparks, pro circut, fmf, etc, doesent mean it doesent work. i was skeptical too, but after talking with and riding his machines, i can say it is for real, and it also does it with a mellower tone, it's not as sharp or loud as others i've herd, and with a 96 db limit at the dunes i ride, that matters to me

11-05-2004, 01:36 PM
i would jus love to see that pos hang with a yoshi or a sparks pipe...ya right...it looks stupid as hell to...might as well use rico's coffee can exhaust :macho

Wayne64SS
11-05-2004, 02:42 PM
I would really be interested to see a head to head shootout with this guys exhaust and say HMF, Sparks, and a few others. However I would want to see whole charts not just peak numbers. peak #s are for *****es

brif
11-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
i would jus love to see that pos hang with a yoshi or a sparks pipe...ya right...it looks stupid as hell to...might as well use rico's coffee can exhaust :macho
Well I have also seen that 450r run on the dyno in person and yes it flat out hauls. His is still a 450 and mines a 500 with a sparks cam,filter, jetkit and the full yoshi exhaust. We tuned my bike on the dyno to get its peak. And guess what. His made about 2.5 more peak hp than mine and carried it out alot farther also. This pipe flat out works. Devil isn't lieing. I had three buddies with me(he run his on the dyno after mine) and we all saw the same thing. I too will have that exhaust also. And yes he's a super cool guy who isn't afraid to share his secrets. That raptor that he has he plainly told my raptor riding buddy what was done to it and encouraged him to do the same. Now who else does that.

450 Racer R
11-05-2004, 06:23 PM
What's the advantages of getting the exhaust gases out of the cylinder faster?

devil6
11-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Hey briff, didnt expect to see you here. I met you at the dunes on the day i spoke of in my earlier post, and at the fire later that night. seems some of these guys cant get off their high horses and think anything can beat their beloved yosh and sparks pipes. Thanks for backin me up. If i thought the pipe didnt work, i wouldnt have gone through the trouble to reply to the original pipe bashing posts. Maybe these boys will learn when they get passed by that "pos", lol

devil6
11-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by hondaexrider
i bet that has a unek sound to it thogh . and LOUD AS HE|| Actually, it's not that loud, kinda mellow compared to some, i rode it with my helmet off and it wasnt bothersome, and i know a annoying 4 stroke pipe when i hear it!

brif
11-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey briff, didnt expect to see you here. I met you at the dunes on the day i spoke of in my earlier post, and at the fire later that night. seems some of these guys cant get off their high horses and think anything can beat their beloved yosh and sparks pipes. Thanks for backin me up. If i thought the pipe didnt work, i wouldnt have gone through the trouble to reply to the original pipe bashing posts. Maybe these boys will learn when they get passed by that "pos", lol
Actually I think you met Gabe. I know he went riding at SL with John. I was up there acouple weeks later and dynoed, then went to the dunes. I didn't think his pipe was overly loud. He has a sleeper core for it that will quiet it down to 96 decibels. I agree, I think seeing the unique backend of this pipe could become common place.

kssandduner
11-06-2004, 10:42 AM
How much does it weigh?? It looks on the heavy side. For $700 they better make some huge gains, otherwise there are going to be lots of p!ssed off people. Are they sponsoring any pro riders? Haven't seen one on the track yet.

Joe

devil6
11-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by brif
Actually I think you met Gabe. I know he went riding at SL with John. I was up there acouple weeks later and dynoed, then went to the dunes. I didn't think his pipe was overly loud. He has a sleeper core for it that will quiet it down to 96 decibels. I agree, I think seeing the unique backend of this pipe could become common place. Yah, that name sounds familiar to me. I didnt think more people would be coming up this way to meet john and dyno there stuff. lol. Too bad you couldnt have gotten a pull with one of his installed to see what the differences were.

devil6
11-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by kssandduner
How much does it weigh?? It looks on the heavy side. For $700 they better make some huge gains, otherwise there are going to be lots of p!ssed off people. Are they sponsoring any pro riders? Haven't seen one on the track yet.

Joe I'm not sure of the weight, but i found a ton of info and stuff at trx450r.org last night, the company owner posts there quite often, and has some things to say about the pipe. Any photos you have seen are prototype versions. NOT FINISHED PRODUCT! He has sent a couple versions out for people to ride with, and the finished version is expected shortly. HE just doesent have the pipes to send out for pro riders to test yet. Unless you live here and know the guy, u probably wont see one till there up for sale. But i have personally seen about 5 quads with them, friends of his. Also. most pro's play the name game. It's not easy to get someone to drop white bro's or whoever's pipe to try a new companys pipe, no matter if u give them a free one or claim it makes more hp. They dont want to loose the corporate sponsorship by switching. Anyway, you'll find the info at the other site quite interesting. just look up pulse charger and who wrote replys to it.

jeepnrocks
11-06-2004, 03:42 PM
I have exchanged several emails with the owner about this pipe and I am confident that its the pipe for me ! Jz (the owner), is s uper nice guy and answered every question i asked him. He also took the time to explain a few things about how an exhaust works that i didnt really understand. Also he gave me a few tips on how tro set up my bike. So you guys should not be so quick to judge something before it comes out.

devil6
11-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
I have exchanged several emails with the owner about this pipe and I am confident that its the pipe for me ! Jz (the owner), is s uper nice guy and answered every question i asked him. He also took the time to explain a few things about how an exhaust works that i didnt really understand. Also he gave me a few tips on how tro set up my bike. So you guys should not be so quick to judge something before it comes out. Thank you! someone who actually listens and can see beyond the pipe stickers! It's about time someone realises that just because a pipe says sparks on the side or is triangle in shape doesent make it work better than the others. 98% of the people here bought there pipes based on looks or sound, or who made it, and just say it rocks without being able to actually compare it to another, and i dont count drag racing at the local gravel pit as a comparison. Whats funny is if this thing said yoshimura or sparks or whatever on the side, as long as it was a known name, it would "rock" and be the hottest thing going. Cant wait till this thing gets on the market so some of these guys can eat there words!

jmpulse
11-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
I have exchanged several emails with the owner about this pipe and I am confident that its the pipe for me ! Jz (the owner), is s uper nice guy and answered every question i asked him. He also took the time to explain a few things about how an exhaust works that i didnt really understand. Also he gave me a few tips on how tro set up my bike. So you guys should not be so quick to judge something before it comes out.

Funny, I have sent an e-mail, asking what kind of gains to expect for the 450R & Raptor, and all I got was a quote about how they don't play the dyno games?.?.? I am not asking for a game. I have seen what HP the LTE system has produced for my 450R, 6+hp with just cam and system, and hit Oregon dB levels of 93dB. Is there a better $700 system out there that can make better than the big name systems power, like the LTE, and still be ridden in Oregon?

I am not bashing the product, just trying to find out where it stands. I have always been upfront about the gains I have seen, vs the mods that have been done. I feel it is time for the small companies to take a big chunk out of the big name makes it good idea. Check out previous posts about the LTE system, to see where this small company actually stands. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88268

Please someone post the actually numbers, otherwise, by the pics in the mags, and the web site, the system looks like a preferated core, covered by a fiberglass core, covered by an outter cover, with a neat looking tip on it. Not the state of the art system that you are trying to convince everyone of. Noone likes change, that is why these small companies need to be very open, and not afraid to let everyone see the true gains that they are seeing. The big companies are known to play games with their dyno numbers, hmmm, there is a company that was estimating 50hp from a 450R with their pipe on it! Good luck!

Jersey450R
11-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Has anyone seen the Pulse Charger exhaust yet? Looks kinda ugly but it probably puts out incredible numbers.

brif
11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Yes I have seen it in person and seen it perform on the dyno. It puts out good numbers also. I even have a dyno chart in my hand with his bikes dyno versus of mine. Mines a FST 500 with a sparks cam, filter, jet kit and a full yoshi exhaust. His bike had a cam, higher comp piston(stock bore), fcr carb and his exhaust. His bike (after both were tuned on the dyno) pulled a 2.8hp higher peak and didn't fall off as mine did after 7200rpm's. At 8200 RPM's his bike was showing a 8hp higher peak!
Jmpulse his exhaust isn't what we are used to seeing. I don't wanna give any details til pipes are actually available but it is nothing like we are used to seeing. When you see an actual pipe you will know that end cap isn't just some fancy doo dad and you will know why it looks that way. The spark arrestor set-up on the bike is just simpley ingenious. I don't know of any other company doing it this way. When he first told me how it worked I thought why didn't someone else think of that. When it's released I think some other companys will switch to it. The future is near...........

devil6
11-08-2004, 12:49 AM
here ya go. http://www.pulsecharger.net/
U have q's, he has answers. oh, and did ya see the new dirtwheels? no test, but it's in there.