PDA

View Full Version : Help, which one????

dirtmomma
11-03-2004, 08:41 AM
OK well we got DJ's psswrd for one of his new sponsors, Pro_FormanceUSA, anyway this is where we will be getting case oil & filters from. sooooo my ? is for the blaster we've always ran Castrol 30W in the case, & the same w/ the 300 pretty much.

What I"m wondering is now we can order a synthetic or mineral based, soooo which one is better, also for the 2 stroke they have MTX case oil in an 80W

Doesn't synthetic make your clutches last a little longer?? Any thoughts would be appreciated :)
ThanKS

dirtmomma
11-03-2004, 09:40 AM
:( WEll THANKS for the help everyone :rolleyes: guess I'll have to go somewhere else for help on this ?

300exOH
11-03-2004, 10:06 AM
I don't know too much about the recommended oil for a blaster but I do know whichever type of oil you pick(synthetic or conventional) it should be safe for wet clutch. It should NOT contain friction modifiers. The castrol may not be safe for a wet clutch. Also I wouldn't run an oil with too high viscosity rating. Stick with what's recommended for the Blaster.

04EXdude
11-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Chill Momma :chinese: LOL!..................I just went back to dino cause my clutch was slipping with full synthetic. I'm hoping this was the cause and not a worn out clutch. It didn't slip at all with the dino but a couple of months ago I decided to switch to Mobil 1 MXT4 which is a full synthetic and thats when it started slipping. I'll be riding this weekend so I'll find out then.............. ;)

dirtmomma
11-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 04EXdude
Chill Momma :chinese: LOL!..................I just went back to dino cause my clutch was slipping with full synthetic. I'm hoping this was the cause and not a worn out clutch. It didn't slip at all with the dino but a couple of months ago I decided to switch to Mobil 1 MXT4 which is a full synthetic and thats when it started slipping. I'll be riding this weekend so I'll find out then.............. ;)

LOL oh don't worry I chilled ;) just that I needed some help w/ seems to be hard to get on here sometimes I guess it depends on WHO you are :rolleyes: :rolleyes: anyway I got it all handled just fine on my own :D