PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara ???

Power Stroker
11-03-2004, 08:18 AM
I am going to plan my first trip to Waynoka, OK and I was gonna go over my Christmas break. Does anyone know what kind of weather or temperature I should expect? What about sand conditions too?

Thanks alot

DaleJrFan
11-03-2004, 08:44 AM
you never know about the weather. two years it was cold as hell and snowing in okc but the last two yrs it has been in the upper 50's and lows in the mid 30's here, i dont know about waynoka. either way be prepared for cold nights if you are in a tent. sand conditions it will be windy so be prpared for some razorbacks. if you have never been before, make sure you are riding with someone who has so there so you dont fall off a dune. but no matter what the weather or sand conditons, you will have a blast. depending on my work schedule is gonna determine when i go up for the christmas ride. we went for halloween and it was perfect. check out their site, it has weather/sand conditions with other info http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara/cgi-bin/index.cgi

keep checking this thread cause we will post when out group is going. good luck and have fun

GoOn3
11-03-2004, 08:56 AM
If you go, rent a room at the Little Sahara Motel. It's $60/nt and well worth it! It's about 1 mile from the entrance. My group is going Nov 5 and 6 and there is no way we are camping. low 30's makes for an uncomfortable stay.
Dunes will not be that populated, which personally I like.

zephead400ex
11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by GoOn3
If you go, rent a room at the Little Sahara Motel. It's $60/nt and well worth it! It's about 1 mile from the entrance. My group is going Nov 5 and 6 and there is no way we are camping. low 30's makes for an uncomfortable stay.
Dunes will not be that populated, which personally I like.

IMO staying in the motel takes away from the "duneing" experience. Just sleep in the bed of the truck, that's where I always find myself in the mornings:devil:

ledofthezep
11-03-2004, 03:36 PM
IMO staying in the motel takes away from the "duneing" experience. Just sleep in the bed of the truck, that's where I always find myself in the mornings :devil:

aka...get drunk & pass out wherever, it's easier to hang your head out the back of the truck to puke than try to wrestle a tent zipper in a drunk'n daze...not that I would know or anything http://www.gamerzplanet.net/forums/images/smilies/shot.gif .

http://www.gamerzplanet.net/forums/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

GoOn3
11-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Freezing weather at night takes away from the duning experience!

5valves
11-03-2004, 05:10 PM
I agree with the not staying in town, but we do most of our riding at night. But we stay in an enclosed trailer with some added heat.
We were there two weeks ago, and the sand is not as good in the fall- winter months because of the wind directions.
We usually spend 3-5 hours in the day time cutting it up on the sides of the big dunes, and ride the trails at race speed at night.
its alot safer believe it or not riding the trails at night, because of less trafic and being able to see oncomming lights.
I enjoy the trails the most. They are fast, and good practice for XC racing.
I have a set of trail-tech HID lights mounted on my bars plus the stock lights, so that helps.
We probably wont go down again till early spring, late winter, depends on funds.
we might try and make a trip two weeks before the Texas GNCC to help get in shape.
We leav our quads set up for xc racing and just throw the paddles on.
If you dont have paddles let me know I have two sets of rears and one set of fronts for the YFZ, you are more than welcome to barrow them. I am less than 10 miles off I-35 south of KC.

zephead400ex
11-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by ledofthezep
...not that I would know or anything

...me either:bandit:

spudss
11-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Check the website link posted above for the latest conditions.. It will be cold for sure at night.. We camp at the south camp or the oasis camp behind the store.. I agree renting a hotel takes away from all the action that goes on at night specialy if you like to brave a night ride your right there ready to go...

DaleJrFan
11-04-2004, 08:21 PM
see alot of guys from oklahoma here, wheres is everyone from?

spudss
11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Pryor

Power Stroker
11-09-2004, 10:07 AM
What kind of temperature is a reasonable average for December/Janurary?

rooster300ex
10-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Davis,ok here

sadame
10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
South Coffeyville OK

jjm400ex
10-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Ada, oklahoma

DaleJrFan
10-21-2006, 07:03 PM
How the hell did this thread get dug up? No one posted on this for almost 2 years!!!