PDA

View Full Version : Getting Frustrated !!!

Quad18star
11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Alright .... well I wanna change my avatar , but it tells me the picture i wanna upload is too large . Now now I have the new picture opened up in Corel PHOTO-PAINT 8 .... where do I go to resize this damn thing?? It's either I'm blind or soemthing .... but I've been playing with this thing for about 25 minutes and can't figure out how to do it . Can someone explain how please .

Also can I suggest a step by step explanation be put in the FAQ's setion on how to do this . I know a few months down the road I'm gunna wanna change it again , and you'll have me posting this up again .

Thanks .
Greg

SlapNutz
11-02-2004, 10:08 PM
takk to strykers or mak it smaller:chinese:

GA400ex
11-02-2004, 10:18 PM
I haven't worked with PhotoPaint, but I can give you a work around. Go to http://www.irfanview.com/ and download the program. Open your image. Select Image -> Resize/Resample. Type in the new size and save it. The size of the avater is 65 x 65

11-02-2004, 10:20 PM
go to paint in your start menu and use that rectangle "select" tool and you can see the pixles. it has to be 65x65 i think and i has to be a jpeg not a bitmap so be sure to change that whe you save. and if that aint workin for you email the pic and ill resize it tonight

sk_42@hotmail.com

Cole Trane
11-02-2004, 11:14 PM
If you wanna post the picture, I can resize it for you. Or email it to coleman.nunn@kirtland.af.mil or natkingcole@comcast.net

team_450_88
11-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Alright .... well I wanna change my avatar , but it tells me the picture i wanna upload is too large . Now now I have the new picture opened up in Corel PHOTO-PAINT 8 .... where do I go to resize this damn thing?? It's either I'm blind or soemthing .... but I've been playing with this thing for about 25 minutes and can't figure out how to do it . Can someone explain how please .

Also can I suggest a step by step explanation be put in the FAQ's setion on how to do this . I know a few months down the road I'm gunna wanna change it again , and you'll have me posting this up again .

Thanks .
Greg

YESS !! im not the only dombazz....lol jk...I had the same problem..I wanted to punch threw the computer screen, but I just posted sumthin and like always there is someone who knows how and will help...wut nice people we got on exriders:p

86350x
11-03-2004, 01:40 AM
I was gonna say, you already have my e-mail (not putting it up on here!) I could resize it for you.:confused:

Quad18star
11-03-2004, 08:56 AM
HAHAHA Thanks guys ..... I swear I'm losing my mind . I got fed up with doing this yesturday , so I went to bed .... I woke up in the middle of the night and it clicked .... why use them other useless programs when I got Photoshop . Just jumped on it 2 minutes ago , and WHAMMM .... it was right there ... Adjust Size .

Thanks for all the help though .

It totally slipped my mind that I had photoshop . :confused:

team_450_88
11-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
HAHAHA Thanks guys ..... I swear I'm losing my mind . I got fed up with doing this yesturday , so I went to bed .... I woke up in the middle of the night and it clicked .... why use them other useless programs when I got Photoshop . Just jumped on it 2 minutes ago , and WHAMMM .... it was right there ... Adjust Size .

Thanks for all the help though .

It totally slipped my mind that I had photoshop . :confused:

Hmmmm..........u sure that wreck u had didnt shake dat head of urs up a little...or was u just born like that? lol:p jk

MY450R
11-03-2004, 11:55 AM
you wanna talk dumb??
i dont even know how to put up an avatar
if it is easy i would like to know
can someone simplify instructions to me
thanx

Quad18star
11-03-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
you wanna talk dumb??
i dont even know how to put up an avatar
if it is easy i would like to know
can someone simplify instructions to me
thanx

I Can explain now ... woohoo .

Go to "user cp" at the top of this page .... then click "Edit Options" . Scroll towards the bottom and you'll see where to add an avatar . Find the file , make sure its 65 pixels x 65 pixels ( which can be done through photoshop ) ... make sure its in the right format ( .jpeg or .gif ) and click OK . :devil:

I'm gunna forget this in a matter of a month and be all pissed on how to do it again !!