PDA

View Full Version : wheelies

Ridin' Jesse
11-02-2004, 07:45 PM
when ur doin a wheelie do u use your brake? i usually dont, which is prolly why i cant do them going slow but i was j/w

Cole Trane
11-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but just a little. You don't want to slam on the brake or you'll slam your front end into the ground and bust your kneecap off. It will literally fall off.........

11-02-2004, 09:22 PM
i use it all the time when i wheelie you just have to know how to use it without stalling the quad and without slamming the front down because that hurts like hell sometimes

JLanphear
11-03-2004, 07:19 AM
clutch + brake = slow wheelies

that's really the only time you need to use the brake unless you make a mistake.

Rootar
11-03-2004, 07:57 AM
i cant even start to wheelie in first gear. (im working on it though) but right now i jsut ride slow in secnod gear slide back give a little tug on the bars, and give it the gas and i can ride them as far i want in second sumtimes 3rd but the only time i use the brake is when i over do it i tap the brake to drop the frontend alittle.

TCRACING425EX
11-03-2004, 05:09 PM
u know i think i am really good at wheelies i know im no wheres near as goo as the cvboys but still good. i have to use the brake every once and a while its just a thing if u start to go a lil to far back . that is only when i am doing them slow though i can get my 400ex up in fith gear and ide then as long as i want whitout even knowing i have a brake. but what i think is really fun is gettin the perfect balance poin ant riding them on idle.:D

Nausty
11-03-2004, 09:37 PM
yea i never really use the brake unless i'm doing no hander wheelies or when I set it to far behind the balance point to where the engine compression won't get it back.

Slow wheelies just take a lot of practice. I learned em' kinda late when I was learning no handers and basically you just start off putting it behind the balance point on purpose and getting on the brake tell you come to a stop or are barely moving and you start going again. Feels pretty cool.

Other than that if your on a 400ex idel/engine compression is pretty much all you need for most of your tricks. Just keep practicing.

LazeR
11-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Doing slow wheelies i use my brake to help balance, if your on flat ground you don't need it most of the time, but when your going up and down hills it helps alot....also if your going and gonna fall back....I just hit it kind of hard to drop the front end down.... never bashed my knees or anything

DaleJrFan
11-13-2004, 09:15 PM
with a 14t front sprocket, you can wheelie all day long and into the night! just takes practice!!