PDA

View Full Version : Major Ebay scam!

mikeboone
11-02-2004, 05:56 PM
http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZrussinindyQQsorecordsperpage Z25QQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ2

I was looking at motors and came across this guy who previous hasnt sold anything. He now has hundreds of thousadnds of $$ to sell! If you notice the auctions all start at .01. He ONLY needs you to bid a few cents and can ask for pay by Credit card--DO NOT GIVE YOUR # OUT TO ANYONE!

Only authorized businesses even have capabilties to collect c.c payments. Paypal listings DO show CC as pay but that is done Securely through the site; not over the telephone. This guy is gonna get alot of #'s and max out the cards. Who the hell has 50 Rolex watches and starts bidding at .01 with NO reserve. The only pic is off the internet somewhere. Be careful!

honduh440
11-02-2004, 06:38 PM
hes not selling anything

dpizz450
11-02-2004, 07:14 PM
This seller is not currently offering any items for sale.
0 items found

mikeboone
11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
I contacted ebay a few hrs ago about this. They must have intervened and ended the auctions. He had almost 400 auctions listed with 20-25 new 4 wheelers at .01 and a slew of rolex watches at same.

dpizz450
11-02-2004, 07:31 PM
i dont see how people think they can get away with something so dumb like that. i hate thieves. not to get off topic but a few days ago my family owns a dixie chopper. ( a really expensive lawnmower) and we all use it to cut our familys yard. (almost all my family lives in the same neighberhood). anyways we keep it at my grandmas house 2 houses down from me. it was stolen the past weekend. its a 9,000 dollar lawn mower! my dad just filed a police report this mornin. they said they cant do anything about it though. we have a good idea who it is. they had people workin on the roof across the street from my grandma a couple days before this happened. my uncle found roof shandaleres (sp?) around the driveway and where the lawn mower was parked. we live in a nice neighberhood so we would just leave the key in it. anyways sorry for the long post but we had insureance that covered everything but a 1000 of it.

n00b on a 400ex
11-02-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
i dont see how people think they can get away with something so dumb like that. i hate thieves. not to get off topic but a few days ago my family owns a dixie chopper. ( a really expensive lawnmower) and we all use it to cut our familys yard. (almost all my family lives in the same neighberhood). anyways we keep it at my grandmas house 2 houses down from me. it was stolen the past weekend. its a 9,000 dollar lawn mower! my dad just filed a police report this mornin. they said they cant do anything about it though. we have a good idea who it is. they had people workin on the roof across the street from my grandma a couple days before this happened. my uncle found roof shandaleres (sp?) around the driveway and where the lawn mower was parked. we live in a nice neighberhood so we would just leave the key in it. anyways sorry for the long post but we had insureance that covered everything but a 1000 of it.

a 9K lawnmower? lol, does it have a pipe? K&N airfilter? gold rims? custom paint job...
but anywaysalays take your keys out, no matter how friendly it seems. just a month ago someone got a 125 dirtbike stolen

dpizz450
11-03-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
a 9K lawnmower? lol, does it have a pipe? K&N airfilter? gold rims? custom paint job...
but anywaysalays take your keys out, no matter how friendly it seems. just a month ago someone got a 125 dirtbike stolen

yep its suppose to be the worlds fastest lawnmower. its one of them lawnmowers that u can do circles on. i forgot what theyre called. but im not lyin, u can ask tp300ex hes my cousin and used it every week.

Bush0102
11-03-2004, 06:35 AM
Dixie choppers are sweeeeet....but they are too fast- they throw the operator aroun, and they tear up the grass because of their tires and weight.

We almost bought 2 of them last year. The model we priced was a little over $10,000.

We bought two toros instead for 8100 a piece. Couldnt be happier!

MY450R
11-03-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by YZrida
yep its suppose to be the worlds fastest lawnmower. its one of them lawnmowers that u can do circles on. i forgot what theyre called. but im not lyin, u can ask tp300ex hes my cousin and used it every week.

hahahaha