PDA

View Full Version : Brake Stuck. HELP! !

04-15-2002, 06:34 PM
Went out riding this weekend and my rear brake keeps sticking. I've loaded it up with WD-40 but it does no good. This happened to a friend of mine as well. I ride an '02 so you would think it would not be stuck. It seems that the lever itself or the piston that the lever pushes in is stuck. It is very stuck. Almost impossible to push down and back up. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this and how I may be able to correct the problem.

400exBro
04-15-2002, 07:02 PM
lose the parking brake by buying a block off an check your slide to make sure it is still good.
Bro

04-15-2002, 08:02 PM
you could also just adjust the brakes itself

SUPERFLY 400
04-15-2002, 08:26 PM
I had this problem with the parkbrake sticking. Just grab the lever at your rear brake caliber and pull back to release it. I think Honda could have put a stronger return spring on instead of that joke of a spring currently on factory 400ex's. You can also do like everyone seems to have done (except for me) is get your self a block off plate and remove the parking brake cable. Also lube your pivot point on your rear brake lever, probally rusted and check your adjustment.