PDA

View Full Version : Hydralic Clutch

Matt400ex_17
11-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Im thinking about getting a hydralic clutch. I am currently using an easy pull and it just gets messed up to easily. I even bought a boot for a crf450 and put it over but i still have to completely clean it every week or 10 days from dust and dirt. Those using a hydralic how do you like it? and is it easier to pull than most of the easy pull levers?

NacsMXer
11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
I have a Magura Hydro clutch and absolutely love it. All my buddies ride with the MSR Raptor easy pull perches and they are ok but still kinda rough to keep pullin over extended periods of riding. I used to have a 909 AOF easy pull clutch lever and I loved it, but it really cannot compare to the smoothness and light pull of the Magura. All my riding buddies get pissed at me when they pull my clutch cuz they mostly use the MSR levers and instantly realize how much easier it is to pull. A lot of guys opt for the steel braided cable to prevent the line from melting on the headers. I solved this problem by routing the super long line down and along the right side of my frame.
Yes, at around $199 a kit they are more expensive than easy pull's, but when you try it you'll see a difference.

Cole Trane
11-02-2004, 07:16 PM
I agree with what he said. If you get one, make sure you don't route the cable to close to the headers, cause it will burn right through the line.

flyingbyfast400
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Worth every penny.... I love mine...

JDiablo
11-03-2004, 07:22 AM
does anyone have the stainless steal line?can you route that by the headers?

cdalejef
11-03-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by 300exrida
does anyone have the stainless steal line?can you route that by the headers? Yes. You still don't want it to touch the header but it can be run closer to the header with less chance of melting. Even the stainless hose needs to be at least 3 inches away from the header.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-03-2004, 08:18 AM
We love the magura on our 400ex. I put the steel braided line on it. It is long enough to route down the frame rail away from any heat source

Matt400ex_17
11-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Im looking for one for my 450R but if i like it enough ill put one on the 400 thanx for all of your info!!

Cole Trane
11-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
We love the magura on our 400ex. I put the steel braided line on it. It is long enough to route down the frame rail away from any heat source

Yeah, I gotta get a new line and I'm gonn run it down the frame. How much for a new line and bleed kit from C and D, I'll post it in the C&D forum.