PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever made their own bumper?

hessianmx111
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Title says it all im thinking about making one in my welding class similar to the ac mudscreen style. If you've made your own id appreciate it if you could post some pics. Also what size tubing are the ac's made out of

crap-banshee32
11-03-2004, 09:10 AM
ive tried..never followed through with finishing one thouhg..

i think AC's are 3/4 or 1 inch tubing. not positive.

make sure you have a good tubing bender, not a pipe bender, b/c pipe benders are for thicker materials and will just fold the tubing, not bend it in an even bend!

R3Concepts
11-03-2004, 09:25 AM
Take the time to make a jig first.

sharkinthepool
11-03-2004, 09:54 AM
There is a guy that Harkore coatings knows of and I guess he can and has made his own bumpers along with some for other races using their designs!

honda400exman
11-05-2004, 01:26 AM
Making your own is pretty easy, as long as you have some sort a a hydrolic bender that you can get your bends close and what kind of metal you are going to be using. i made one for mine out of aluminum and i took a little piece of aluminum diamond plate for the center of it and put it in our cnc milling maching and put 400ex through it.

Juggalo
11-05-2004, 11:36 AM
urban youth made his own..it looks like a blingstar bumper sort of..its pretty cool..ill have him post some pix

hessianmx111
11-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the replies any pics would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has the ac mudscreen bumper if you could post a picture of one and the deminsions on it I would really really appreciate it.If I can get some deminsions i will be making the bumper out of 1" Aluminum Tubing or maybe steel if i can find some free in the scrap pile at school.

R3Concepts
11-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Dont copy something. Be original and have fun with it. Also like I said before, Make a Jig. Will save time in the long run, it will look nicer and if your buddy just happens to want one, then you can make it faster with the jig, and it will fit right every time.