PDA

View Full Version : Does it hurt

dodgeram
11-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I am going to leave my paddles on my bike for the next couple of months since I will be riding in the sand quite abit. When I park the bike in the garage I stack 2 4x4 on top of one anotherthen set the swing arm skid plate on the 4x4 which takes the tires about 3 inches off the ground. Does it hurt the rear shock in any way to have the weight of the bike on the swing arm skidplate and not the tires?

turboTony
11-02-2004, 03:02 PM
doubtful. How many times do they hit full travel when riding whoops/jumps or rough trails? At least it will just be "resting" there.
When you store a car you're supposed to put it on jackstands and it doesn't hurt them...

300extreme#8
11-02-2004, 07:29 PM
think about it,with the wheels on teh ground it's still holdin the quads weight so it won't hurt it.

kwatts400
11-03-2004, 12:17 AM
I would get a stand so that the whole bike is off the ground. I doubt that you will hurt your shock with your set up, but its probably better to get the whole bike off the ground to take any stress off of the rear shock.

turboTony
11-03-2004, 12:23 AM
ooops, my bad. I misread it. I thought he had the whole quad off the ground and was wondering if the weight of the rear end being held up by the shock was bad.
Yeah, just put a 5 gallon bucket or something (crate) under the center of the quad to lift up the whole thing.