PDA

View Full Version : 12 Hour injury!!! Special thanks!!!!

jlhughes750
11-02-2004, 10:03 AM
We entered the 12 Hours of ATV America with 3 team members.
Dan Ketterer
Jason Hughes (me)
Mark Thompson

Team Amy #710 Pro Class

Dan started and ran 1 hour, then Mark was next, he made it 1.5 miles before a minor accident left him with a major injury to his l ankle..... Just like that, months of planning and anticipation were over, broken fibula??? outside of the ankle, he refused to leave, and did not want to leave the team down. Dan and I finished the first 6 hours then found out that Mark was not going to get better for the next session!!!:(

The one person that made it all possible for Dan and I, was now out of the race. Mark made it all possible for Dan and Myself, if not for Mark and his wife Amy (Team Amy) we would have never even been there. We decided during the break that we (Dan and I) were going to finish this thing for Mark!!!! We would not quit!! And we didn't!!!!! Where did we finish??? who cares, we finished it, and I have never felt such a feeling of accomplishment in my life!!!!

Thanks to Mark Thompson, Amy Thompson and Forte Carpentry, with out them I would have never had a chance to run a 12 Hour event!!!!! Thanks and get better soon!!!

Pappy
11-02-2004, 10:19 AM
i hope mark makes a fast and fully recovery from his injury!

good job J and dan...way to keep it real and finish that race!

jlhughes750
11-02-2004, 01:09 PM
I'm sure he'll be ready for the TX GNCC

Admin
11-02-2004, 01:40 PM
I also wish Mark a speedy recovery, and I am glad to see you guys tough it out and finish the race.

You looked great out there, and I even got a few photos, well maybe a few thousand photos, but who is counting:D

QuadJunkies
11-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Sorry to hear the news :( I heard Rath Racing has one down as well,but didnt hear the extent of the injury :confused:

Shawn H
11-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Rath racing's teamate that got hurt was Richard breymer he was rear ended and rove thru the bars he's fine!

Quadnice(Jerry costello) was on team Bartlett racing and took 9th place in the A-class hit a tree in the dark and broke his wrist! He was unable to ride much of the 2nd session!

Wish all who got hurt a speedy recovery!:)

Admin
11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Rath racing's teamate that got hurt was Richard breymer he was rear ended and rove thru the bars he's fine!

Quadnice(Jerry costello) was on team Bartlett racing and took 9th place in the A-class hit a tree in the dark and broke his wrist! He was unable to ride much of the 2nd session!

Wish all who got hurt a speedy recovery!:)

Man that sucks, I hate hearing about people getting hurt and especially people that I am friends with.

burrows
11-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Jerry, sorry to hear about your wrist. Gilman Racing was battleing with the flu. Troy had the flu and did the best he could do. Was so proud of all of our teams. Do you need my rocking chair to hold that arm up on. See ya next weekend. Momma B

burrows
11-03-2004, 09:16 PM
John Woods: Thanks for getting the tree off of Christopher. He is my son that rode on Gilman racing team. When you told me about sawing a tree off of a racer I didn't know at that time it was him. So thanks alot. That could of been real bad. Momma B

Shawn H
11-03-2004, 11:06 PM
What you talking about sawing a tree off of someone?

I never heard that!

burrows
11-04-2004, 06:41 AM
I was at check point when John came up there and said he saw the darndest thing. He had to cut a tree off of a rider. At that time I didn't know who it was. Well Christopher told me he was riding along and a tree fell on him. Got his leg. It is black and blue and pretty sore but didn't slow him down. But his quad was under the tree and so was he. He said luckily there was John and he couldn't move the tree so some more people came by and they also couldnt move the tree so he ran back and got a chain saw and sawed the tree up. Quite the deal. Momma B

Shawn H
11-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Wow truly amazing:ermm: