PDA

View Full Version : D-6 Riders Need your support

Pappy
11-02-2004, 09:50 AM
At the close of this season, several MX tracks in District 6 announced they were eliminating quads from the schedule next year. The only known track that will be a D6 track allowing quads to race MX will be ATCO. This is directly a result from actions taken by D-6 according to Chuck Lehr.

Chuck Lehr has expressed his feelings to me about this alarming issue and would like to make other racers aware and ask for there full support to let D-6 know that quad racers will not stand for this.

"ATV attendence is up and growing not only in MX races but in every area of the sport" Lehr commented. "This district has turned its back on quads and we shouldnt just sit back and do nothing".

Chuck went on to say " D-6 is a huge hotbed of ATV racing and the money generated from the D-6 MX series will be missed, I for one will not support those that dont support the riders."

Chuck has asked that anyone involved with the D-6 MX series NOT send in your money to support D-6 until they get back on the program and get quads back on the tracks. "Why should racers support a district that only has 1 MX track and continually puts quad riders on the back burner" Lehr continued.

All quad riders are urged to contact thier D-6 representitive and voice your opinion on this issue.

This is a neighboring district with D-7 which recently had 4 facilities walk away from the district over issues with the districts handling and management decisions. Any rider in these areas will be adversly affected if we dont stand up and let these people know that if you dont support quads we will not support you in any fashion.

YLW400
11-02-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm starting to see a pattern here.......:ermm:

Pappy
11-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by YLW400
I'm starting to see a pattern here.......:ermm:

D6 is HUGE where quads are concerned. some of the fastest riders in the country are raised from these tracks.

I havent investigated anything past what Mr. Lehr called and relayed to me so the information could be posted. It does seem strange that 2 districts that run joint series at some tracks are having similiar issues.

YLW400
11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
I know, that's what is scaring me.... First our District, then the neighboring one? Something smells a little fishy here.....

cletusEX
11-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Yeah it's a definitely a shame what is going on in each district. I'm glad were planning on hitting the GNCC's next year. Trying to rely on D-7's organization is an excercise in frustration.

JRDrider22
11-02-2004, 01:37 PM
yea we have a lot of the riding population in district 6. i know pro riders love our track and they intend on coming for races...pappy so whats the gig..wat to we have to do?

Pappy
11-02-2004, 02:37 PM
JRD i really cant tell you. Mr Lehr called and wanted to get this information on EXR so the D6 riders could look into the issue.

id suggest calling your D6 rep and making an inquiry about what tracks will be on the series next year and what is being done to secure new tracks. i know i will not be spending money on D7 for the lack of support they have shown the riders around here. id rather not race then know they made money on me

ex kid
11-02-2004, 03:13 PM
they chasin quads out cause the bikes don't like US quad guys. it's bullshi(. we're there for the same reason they are, to race! D6 is probably the one of the biggest AMA sanctioned districts for amature quad racing in the country!

BTW, i know everybody including me hates Pine Grove(THE FLYING DUTCHMEN),but they have stated that they are running quads for the 2005 MX season.

JRDrider22
11-02-2004, 03:22 PM
yes and i know keivn olson will not be closing down atco any time soon. hes in it with us. why would they close down the mx track when the drag strip is right next to it. i know atco wont be closeing any time soon. im starting to get a little worried

Karizz
11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Thats part of the Reason I posted the info on the Englishtown NJ FALL CLASSIC ATV RACE November 14th.
It is a trial race...if there is a big turnout...RacewayPark will add ATV racing to its schedule.http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124248

JRDrider22
11-02-2004, 04:28 PM
oh from this race... e-town will be big.. a lot of people are going to turn out, its going to be nuts

tamehart
11-02-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with this. I know one of the D6 Track owners and he told me a while ago they were getting rid of dirt bikes. This was due to a lot of complaining from the dirt bike riders. I think the dirt bike riders are getting wind of our sport beginning to rise and are getting worried. Sure dirt bikes out number the quads, they are cheaper and take less skill (I ride both dirt bike and quad). I hope that d6 and d7 feel a hurt from the loss of the quad riders. I am hoping I can find some races that I won't need a d6 card to register. Is there anyway around this? I agree with pappy and think we should all speak our voice on this topic. Don't let quads take a down turn.

I do know the d6 track owner would consider adding quad days if the turnout was enough.

I dont know how many have ever seen the D6 website and forum, but the dirt bike riders are very rude and critical of quad riders. This means they are willing to fight over this topic.

http://www.amadistrict6.com/

465Stroker
11-03-2004, 04:31 AM
It would be a great move on Rausch Creek and possibly the new Irish Valley track in Shamokin to step up and take on some of the remaining races available. I know these owners love both ATV's and Dirtbikes and would not even imagine pulling sides like D6 is doing.
If you go to the D6 messageboards www.amadistrict6.com you'll see a ton of BS'n going on about everything. It looks like we need a strong ATV rep. to get the job done - we really have no one to speak for us at these meetings. :(

cletusEX
11-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Yeah I just went through the D-6 forms and man are some people fired up. I just don't get it some times.:(

ex kid
11-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
It would be a great move on Rausch Creek and possibly the new Irish Valley track in Shamokin to step up and take on some of the remaining races available. I know these owners love both ATV's and Dirtbikes and would not even imagine pulling sides like D6 is doing.
If you go to the D6 messageboards www.amadistrict6.com you'll see a ton of BS'n going on about everything. It looks like we need a strong ATV rep. to get the job done - we really have no one to speak for us at these meetings. :(

good idea. maybe you can put a word in with the boss's at those tracks! i'm guessing Irish Valley isn't far from you? how about Rausch, there would be HUGE MX turnouts there.

MooseRacing
11-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Tomahawk MX in Hedgesville, WV is looking at doing QUAD only Saturday Night MX races for 2005...

Depending on rider turnout and support we could do quite a few races.

Tomahawk is a quad friendly track....everyone is welcome, but everyone should also be respectful of both 2 wheel and 4 wheel riders.....no respect, no ride!

pgregg85
11-04-2004, 05:12 AM
It seems to me the problems from both districts are being created by the owner of Doublin Gap. He is very anti quad and is located in an area where his track is district 6 and 7. From what I hear he is the originator of the new track alliance against district 7 and a very good salesman to talk the other track owners into following him. I also hear that at the district meetings he is the poster boy for promoting non-quad mx tracks. If he were any type of business person he would welcome the extra income, but is to stuck on being a dirtbike natzi that he is talking all the other tracks into not wanting to race quads.

zakk54
11-05-2004, 10:04 AM
As of right now District 6 ATV tracks are as Follows;

Atco: Kevin Olson is the man and will support us to the end!

Evansville: Great Saturday under the lights track, they Love
Quads!! Hellbound racing sponsor all the Quad
events!!

Flying Dutchman: Quad friendly always Muddy though!!

Mt Pleasant: Great Track just way far away for Most

Miles Mt: New track that I've been told is great! Also very far
away!

Pagoda: New not much info! will hold quad mx races next season!

Rausch creek: one of the best facilities in the country, just need
to have more district six sponsored races. Raced
there last year! It was an awesome event!!

Blue Diamond: In Delaware! heard it is Bad AZZZ though!!

Englishtown: If we can get the turnout on the 14th, they're in for
next year! We raced there in the 80's!! It is a great
place!!

District 34 is also becoming less quad friendly! We need to show up on race day in numbers!! The problem is during national season none of the top guns show up to the local tracks and the attendance is low! For example in district 34 our Quad A class had 3 riders all season until October and now has 18!! We need those numbers all season long!! I realize injuries, bike wear and tear, MONEY and time are all huge constraints but it is killing the sport we love on the Local Level!! You Pros are what all of us inspire to be and I will Never put you down for following your Dreams and Careers. In return as much help on the local level you can give in just Appearing, would be Very appreciated!!!

We have only two Tracks to race at in District 34 for 2005!! We need to come together as a community and help save and preserve the tracks that are left!! The NEATV is the best thing since sliced bread for us New Englanders!! Hopefully they will continue to grow our sport and preserve our racing and eagerly look for new track venues throughout district 34, 6 & 7!!

District 6 ATV Site!! (http://www.district6atv.com/2004_district_6_quad_track_infor.htm)

SRH
11-06-2004, 07:50 AM
quads are growing fast they can fight it for now but its only hurting themselves

MadSea862
11-08-2004, 07:07 PM
I went to the pre-sanction meeting on Saturday, and Englishtown asked for NO QUAD dates for the 2005 season. He's only running that race for a friend and nothing more. Agreed Kevin Olsen is the man. Eric at Mt. Pleasant is outstanding. Miles Mountain is offering a Supercross series next year! Awesome facility worth the haul. No series for Quads next year. Every race is for points. So it's about the money and not the ride. 3 of the promotors argued for the points series.

The ATVA Motocross Nationals
ATCO
Mt. Pleasant
Miles Mountain
Evansville

get our money next year and that's it.

PS: Don't bank on Rausch Creek getting a D-6 points MX race anytime soon. If the promotors even allowed them 1 it would be all over for some of those PA tracks!;)

joedirt
11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
the D-man started to go with all quad motos then all bike motos. they switch it up every time they race. In between bike and quad motos they turn the track over. They haven't one complaint all year. Good way too solve problems with the bike ruts and the quad ruts. D-man trying to keep everyone happy. Now for the water issue..... Last time I knew one of the Bromleys was in charge of the quads. Go get him!!!! Maybe some one needs to get a D-6 quad championship series going and we can show what kind of numbers we have on turn out. Keep those a-hole track promoters off the list though.

ex kid
11-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
the D-man started to go with all quad motos then all bike motos. they switch it up every time they race. In between bike and quad motos they turn the track over. They haven't one complaint all year. Good way too solve problems with the bike ruts and the quad ruts. D-man trying to keep everyone happy. Now for the water issue..... Last time I knew one of the Bromleys was in charge of the quads. Go get him!!!! Maybe some one needs to get a D-6 quad championship series going and we can show what kind of numbers we have on turn out. Keep those a-hole track promoters off the list though.

HEY DIRTBALL. HOW ARE YOU? U GOING TO THE DUTHCMEN SUNDAY??????

yessssssss the dutchmen people have it dialed in and their setup works VERY well. not much complaining at all from either bike or quad racers. they keep the track groomed and watered. results are up fast.

their problem is turnout. quad turnout is weak. their bike turnout is OK. they seem to cater to the mini's very well though. alot of the quad guys just don't like the track, but if they support quads then you have to get over the shale and the old people and go race.

jlhughes750
11-16-2004, 09:35 AM
I will agree something needs to be done to help the quads here in D6..... Theres tons of ideas and lots of opporunity just nobody to initiate any of it!!!!! Our District is run old school by bike guys and until the new quad crowd stands up and takes control, nothing will change...... I for one think that a seperation may be in order, District 6 ATV club and District 6 Bike club..........

cdrookie
11-16-2004, 11:12 AM
i nominate Jason Hughes for president of all quad related racing events in district 6. all those i favor...

from what i understand NOBODY is really speaking for quad riders. steve bromley is just the points keeper right?

quadrcr161
11-16-2004, 11:52 AM
just wanting to wish everyone up there good luck in getting track days. seems like one of the problems behind it all is the ama. we do not have any district or reps down here in our area, and reading post like this makes me glad we dont. it also makes me realize how good we have the tracks here. this past summer, 2 tracks got tired of hearing the quads get bashed and opened a small atv only series. we have had up to 60 quads show up and would get about 75-80 registeration with people running 2 classes. the smaller tracks are the ones who took a chance on us and now the bigger tracks here are taking notice. the smaller tracks are about racing, not the money, and you can tell by the attitudes.

at our last quad only race we had 18 show up. between weather, quads being broken and other things. the track still turned on the lights, prepped the track and let us race. they actually take comments from the riders and work with them. too bad other tracks arnt like that.

Ralph
11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
D34 is going the same route, There are only 2 tracks left for atv use and one of them is pretty bad. Walden Mx is now the only good mx track left in D34(District neighboring D6).

I think part of the reason is that the races are packed and that there is just TOOO many classes. But instead of taking away classes like vintage and other lame classes they take quads away.

Looks like i will be spending my time at E-town wich isnt a problem for me.

Quad101
11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Guys Hook up with neatv. They treat us like we are people. Quad only NO BIKES..... D-6 Wake up! Do a quad only race it wil work if you treat us like racers! I would love to make a track that Quads come first with NO bikes!!!! BIKES ARE BS........ Ride where you are wanted NEAVT...................

MadSea862
11-17-2004, 05:55 PM
Actually now that you mentioned it, us mini quad guys/gals wanted a series for all the quads, so myself and the youth rep have been discussing that very subject, & once the 2005 schedule for D-6 finally hits the local printing press, we're planning on developing our own quad series in order to support the D-6 tracks that support ALL quads, not just the ones that suck the blood out of the mini quad parents. Now that the National schedule is out we're planning on hitting all the tracks except for one on non-national weekends. It would be a big commitment from the entire quad community to stick by it, but we think it might work. You can race ride do whatever the hell you want on days that arn't scheduled since every race is a D-6 race now, but show up at the tracks on the series schedule. I've been getting alot of positive feedback from alot of the mini quad parents, and they to think this could work. We know that Miles Mountain is an EXCELLENT facility, but it's a haul. We're even planning on discussing with some of the promotors that if we do this that maybe we can have additional prize give aways those days. Whether it be a shirt or even a gift certificate to the local parts shop. We'd love to have the support of the big quads as well. We were thinking of making sure we hit each track that supports all quads at least 3 times throughout the season. I think we had a 17 race series this year, so that would give us 15 races to commit to. That way each of the promotors would get an equal share of the pot, plus any stragglers that show up outside of the series. What do you think? Do you think we could get some of the big quads to team up with us mini's to pull this off? We haven't decided how we would prize out series winners or if we'd even have to. Meaning that the overall prize would be pulling it off and making it work for us and some of the promotors. We need your feed back good or bad. We just need some support.:muscle:

culookn
11-25-2004, 11:01 AM
i hope they dont take way the series here in d-6. i live maybe 15 min from atco and personally i think its more of a super cross style track. i hope they bring it back some how. ill support it in anyway possible.

d-unitracing157
12-01-2004, 08:18 AM
I agree this is really bad that there aren't that many places to race in d-6....I raced Englishtown and there was a great turnout...ihad a blast and i hope someday that they sanction it as a d-6 track. Also that would be great that Rausch creek was a track we could race....I enjoy that track very much. Let me know what i can do to help...and culookn did you do a lookback over the staircase at englishtown during your second moto and place 2????If you did then you know who i am hahaha GenX... :bandit:

Mxjunkie
12-01-2004, 09:33 AM
President
RICHARD HOWELL MXref@aol.com
1210 E. Broad Street, Millville, NJ 08332
(856) 825-6416

tell him what u guys want and everything

PEPwalshZ440
12-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Good thing I live 5 minutes from atco....isn't e-town going to be open for quad racing next year too?

But i'm definetly going to have to put a call into my D6 rep...this blows...why would they do that? D6 is best known for how many pro-pro-am and national quad riders it has in it....why would they take all of our riding facilities away??

MadSea862
12-04-2004, 02:05 PM
After we get the 2005 schedule for D-6 we'll be trying to work out some sort of support schedule for some of these awesome d-6 tracks that are farther away. If we personally have to haul someone elses quad just to get them to Miles Mountain or Evansville we'll be doing that. The big and little quads need to get together and make this happen. All I know is E-Town asked for no quad races for the 2005 season at the last meeting. I think they are finalizing the 2005 schedule and any loose ends today. Miles Mountain is an awesome facility. Those guys up there rock.

Howell isn't going to help much, he seems to be extremely
pro bike...anti quad. :ermm: :mad:

Tommy 17
12-06-2004, 12:59 PM
d5 is pretty much the same way... they don't give a darn about the quads... the tracks are set up 100% for bikes and the quads get all the crappy motos...

the only time the quads seem to be on the track is right after they water it so they get rid of all the puddels for the bikes:o

jacobw
12-16-2004, 12:07 PM
I race the missouri series hare scramble and the bikes and quads race on 2 different loops. They will never get rid of quads here we out number the dirt bike guys most of the time.

Cannibal440
12-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I know Sleepy Hollow has done away with quads for 2005. What other tracks are not racing quads?

MadSea862
12-26-2004, 02:24 PM
That's it so far! Evansville committed to running quads on the day track all season long, & Miles Mountain which is a awesome facility has posted the following 2005 schedule.

May 15 First Annual Spring ATV Poker Run Sponsored By CJ's Motorsports

May 21 Supercross

May 22 Motocross District 4 Points

May 29 Motocross

May 30 Motocross Memorial Day

June 12 WNYOA Harescramble

June 25 Supercross

June 26 Motocross

July 9 Supercross

July 10 Motocross

July 16 Supercross

July 17 Motocross District 4 Points

August 13 Supercross

August 14 MotocrossDistrict 4 Points

August 28 1st Annual Fall ATV Poker Run Sponsored By CJ'S Motorsports

September 3 Motocross

September 4 Motocross District 4 Points

September 16, 17, 18 Weekend at the Mountain

Friday 16th Supercross Under the lights

Saturday 17th Ultimate Motocross Championship Series. District 6 Points

Sunday18 th Motocross District 4 Points

October 1 Supercross

October 2 Motocross District 4 Points

:D

JRDrider22
12-26-2004, 03:14 PM
wheres this track at?

MadSea862
12-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Up in Jimmy Spencer country. Just outside of Berwick, PA. We're in Q-town PA and it;s just about an hour from us.

try this:

http://www.evansvilleraceway.com/

450Racer
12-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
d5 is pretty much the same way... they don't give a darn about the quads... the tracks are set up 100% for bikes and the quads get all the crappy motos...

the only time the quads seem to be on the track is right after they water it so they get rid of all the puddels for the bikes:o

exactly! D5 seems to act the same as D6 and D7. Jeff Cernic, on the board for D5 hates quads and wants to ban them from his track. he would if he didn't have 30+ quads showing up at the bigger races. i raced Wolfmann's MX a lot this year cause the track is set up nice for quads, they disk it before the quad races and water at intermission. they're really nice people and like the quad riders. they also hold open practice for everyone throughout the week to apply it in the race which is awesome. 95% other D5 tracks don't practice unless you get a group of people and rent the track which is kinda stupid.

i just spent $4,000 on my quad. i will be extremely pissed if there isn't a huge turnout at the races next season. at the D% State Championship at Field of Dreams as soon as the quads were lined up and ready to go (85 degrees and humid) we sat for another half an hour sweating our asses off until they were done making a mud hole for us. as i slid into a berm, i went right off and bent my quads bars/stem. that's bull****. then, i was in the middle of a pile up because they refused to stagger C/D class casue there were 5 more riders in D. :mad:

MadSea862
01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
All I know is that we have officially deemed 2005...

THE YEAR OF THE PIG!!!!!!! BIG BORE THAT IS!!! IN D-6 :blah:

Hell some got a jump on that at the close of 2004, but hey whatever blows wind up your skirt ya know!:macho :rolleyes:

Ahhh hell we may even have T-shirts made!;) :D

Kilabanshee
01-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey I live down in Lansdale, PA have any good places to ride at up around Quakertown? Does anyone have a link to the new d6 hairescramble schedual?

MadSea862
01-11-2005, 07:24 PM
The new schedules won't be out till after the banquet. They'll be posted http:/www.distrist6atv.com .Their at the printers now I believe. The ground is so wet right now you can't ride locally without messing your ride up. This weekend we're heading to Ohio a Indoor facility that is out of this world. Yep it's a haul, but if you want some quality ride time. Normally we ride at a buddies house over by Traumbuers Polaris dealer. We race MX an occasional haresramble and we're looking into a TT or two this year. What's your posion?:devil:

Kilabanshee
01-11-2005, 07:45 PM
I raced xc last year and had an injury in the season and was only able to complete 4 races all with pretty good results. I've always been decent mx rider, soo I plan on doing quite a few mx races this year. The ohio place sounds pretty sweet but alittle of a haul, unless I could hitch a ride with someone already going up there. You may be firmilar with this quad #151 Randy Thompsons quad he raced A class mx and later moved up to pro but with an ancle injury he was almost forced to exit the sport. Let me know if you have any one who could hitch me a ride ill pay one way for gas money...

MadSea862
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
If you know anyone with a SMALL trailer we'd take you this weekend. We're only taking our truck. We're not taking our hauler this weekend. Here you can check out the website nemx.webpointusa.com.

cdrookie
01-12-2005, 10:58 PM
killa, dist 6 xc schedule is out. www.amadistrict6.com.
bunch of cannondalers had a small group ride at NEMX last weekend. they said they're some greedy mofo's and won't be going back.

Mxjunkie
01-13-2005, 12:10 AM
the dirtbikers in d-6 are real boneheads, theres only a few down to earth ones, they even start stuff with other dirtbikers!

at flying dutchmen the bikes would complain they had to go through horrible condintions etc, so they put the quads in there old time, now they complain the quads ruin the lines :rolleyes: it makes me almost want to not ride dirtbikes anymore and go back to quads real soon... once i get some money im doing it asap too..:grr:

MadSea862
01-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Why because you have to pay to ride?? Bad Info man! Great place to ride. It's Clean..indoors...long holeshot...Way Bad Info!
Worth the extr***** (IMO)

cdrookie
01-13-2005, 02:02 PM
no not cause you have to pay to ride. more like they gave a price($25 for 4 hours) and then jacked it up to 40 per person. and there was other issues also. the people who organized the ride live near there are there frequently. they said the owners are greedy but there's not much competition(track wise) so they pretty much charge what they want. go over to cannondaleriders and read about it if you want. i wasn't there and don't really care if anyone goes there or not. the overall consensus from my buddies was that earlywines would've been a better choice for the ride.

MadSea862
01-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh! Nope never had that problem. We'll see if they change up on us this weekend. They haven't yet.

Kilabanshee
01-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Brian are you gonna be at dutchman on the 6th? Are you still racing C-class?

Kilabanshee
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by MadSea862
If you know anyone with a SMALL trailer we'd take you this weekend. We're only taking our truck. We're not taking our hauler this weekend. Here you can check out the website nemx.webpointusa.com.

I got a trailer which can hold 2 quads and a bike. Let me know if you decide to go up again at a later time.

racerx573
01-26-2005, 03:01 PM
If you're willing do a little bit of traveling for some sick tracks, check this thread out. D5 needs your help!! we are taking a step in the opposite direction of D6

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1432308#post1432308