PDA

View Full Version : FCR carb kit

Martin Blair
11-01-2004, 10:24 PM
What wil the fcr carb do for the 450r over the stock, Iknow it will help with thorrtle responce alot, but does it help it rev that much faster or make anymore power? I can get the kit for the 40mm crf carb for 500 is it worth it?

kazpr
11-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Pm me if you need to I have a guy that can get you all of it for like $410.00 I think.

450 Racer R
11-02-2004, 09:00 AM
what's all involved in switching out for the FCR carb? just pull off the old one and the new one just fits right up?

RedRacer44
11-02-2004, 10:45 AM
You cant just switch 'em out. There's an adapter that has to be used plus there are a few Factory Honda parts that have to be used to make it work.

86atc250r
11-03-2004, 12:18 AM
It takes a $70 adapter, rewiring of the TPS sensor, and a little parts swapping for the hot start -- that's it.

The FCR will make the quad feel faster and build better power at part throttle settings --- but it will not give it more peak HP or make it faster in a drag. We've confirmed this with a dyno, and with drag race results.

Bart
11-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Gabe,

In your opinion, is switching to an FCR worth it for

A) a weekend warrior

B) an A or B class GNCC racer

C) a Pro level GNCC racer

or is the money better spent elsewhere?

86atc250r
11-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Gabe,

In your opinion, is switching to an FCR worth it for

A) a weekend warrior

Yes -- the quad will *feel* quite a bit stronger and will be more fun/exciting to ride. I especially recommend it to guys that spend a lot of time riding dunes.

For weekend woods riders in tight trails - probably don't recommend it, but for these folks, I wouldn't recommend a 450R either.

---
B) an A or B class GNCC racer

Probably not, but depends on riding style. The quad will be more difficult to control in technical situations.

One of the 450R's strengths for the woods is it's ability to put out good smooth power without sacrificing all out acceleration. The FCR keeps the all out acceleration and makes part throttle have *a lot* more snap.

---
C) a Pro level GNCC racer

Depends on riding style. It's more difficult to ride smooth with the FCR.

---
or is the money better spent elsewhere?

Depends on what you're looking for. The FCR provides awesome throttle response that makes the quad feel quite a bit faster in real riding situations (i.e. not a drag race).

If you want to be faster in a drag race, money is definitely better spent elsewhere.

If you want more but smooth power on the bottom end (i.e. like a 400EX), money is better spent elsewhere.

The FCR will give you more snap off the bottom, but if you want more bottom without so much snap (more tractor like torque), you need to raise compression and open up the exhaust.

kazpr
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
86atc250r <--- Is a SMART man!!

400ex4ever
11-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
86atc250r <--- Is a SMART man!!

I agree. I have read many of his posts..