PDA

View Full Version : Burgards are here

rap169
11-01-2004, 09:12 PM
well i got my a-arms today in the mail. They look well built , but took forever to get them. They told me they had them in stock adn i would have them in a few days. Today was 3 weeks on the dot. We are both in the same state. So it shouldnt have been so long. But they are finally here. Only thing im mad about ti sthey didnt send me any stickers:( How can a guy advertise with decals?

Pappy
11-01-2004, 09:15 PM
rap i know he is out of stickers and that he ordered more.

when i get my hands on some ill try and get some to you.

rap169
11-01-2004, 09:22 PM
thanks pappy, i would really appreciate that. Do you wnat me to pm you my address?

Pappy
11-01-2004, 09:25 PM
no, i will make a thread whne i get some from him. i get way too many pm's and i end up deleting all the wrong ones:p

if ya have any trouble at all with the arms or installing them pm me. ill do all i can for ya:) including bash burgard across the knuckles:o :devil:

rap169
11-01-2004, 09:40 PM
ok thanks again

RedRacer44
11-02-2004, 12:03 AM
My cuz got his in 6 days from Burgard but he ordered them through our local quad shop, not directly. I ordered a steering stem from Burgard and i love it! I got it in chrome and it looks really good! I also got my stem in about a week.....

The fit and finish was a breeze on the a-arms too. Everything bolted up nice and they actually work really well with the stock shocks that he's running for now.

Only bad thing I got to say is the powdercoat didnt hold up worth a flip on his a-arms. He PCed them red and it looks like its just a single coat of red. Its flaking and chipped really bad. But then again, my buddy bought a set of Burgard a-arms for his Z400 and they still look brand new. He got them PCed silver vein though and I THINK silver vein is a 2 or 3 stage process which involves quite a few coats of PC. Maybe?? I'm no powdercoater but thats what it looks like to me from an auto body/painter point of view.

Anyways....Burgard stuff is really nice for the $$$!

Pappy
11-02-2004, 06:37 AM
silvervein is a 1 step powder. if the red isnt holding up it is a prep related or cure issue. ill ask him about that when im there. was it a solid red or one of those fancy reds? in any event, i have taken care of a few sets that people had issues with to help him out so if you would like them redone feel free to send them back and i will personally do them for you.

RedRacer44
11-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks Pappy....appreciate that. It's just a plain red, no flake or anything in it. It matches the color of the plastic really well and looked good till it start flaking n' chipping. My cousin is kinda dumb and fickle about stuff so I doubt I could get him to take the arms off to send them off to be re-done. I'll let him know though....thanks again Pappy.

Where's that quad of yours?? That thing almost done yet?? I'm taking mine over to the quad shop next tuesday to get some PCing done and get my frame gussetted!

Pappy
11-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by RedRacer44

Where's that quad of yours?? That thing almost done yet??

i havent felt much like working on it for the past week or so...ill get it done soon.

team_450_88
11-02-2004, 12:42 PM
I had the same problem...I have a set of red burgard a-arms...Have had them for like 3 months maybe and they are flaking/chipping pretty bad, It is only 1 layer of powercoat I believe u can tell it isnt to thick..but the a-arms are good and I like them and he is a real cool guy 2 and helps with anything u need...We've bought 3 sets of a-arms, a swingarm from him...Pappy do u think he would re-do my pc for free if i send them this winter? I think he would..hes real cool about it...Also he sent me the wrong color tie-rods when i ordered my red set of a-arms and he sent red tie-rods instead of chrome, no big deal because he said he would send me the chrome ones and i could have the red ones sense he messed up...lemme kno pappy...also pappy how much would u charge to pc a side case off my 450r and the top of the motor thing that says webcam in trans-red? Thanks Man,

Ryan

Foxrage
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Does anyone have any pics of burgard on there 450r? I am going with burgard when i get the money.

Do they have there Long travel a-arms built yet? They need to update there site for the 450r. Thanks

Pappy
11-02-2004, 02:31 PM
team_450_88

when you get a chance just remove the ball joints and such and send them back. put a note in there about what the deal is and ill get them from him and re coat them for you. be sure to say in the note that Pappy will handle recoating them. i will try to find out who did them and see if i can help fix whatever is wrong. i know a few sets went out undercured...i know this because i am the one who found out his oven was not calibrated:p

i will ask about the tie rods but i cant make any promises. at best i can shoot them a different color to suit your needs better.

most companies have been using just one coat. pc shouldnt need 2 coats or anything to be fairly strong. houser and lsr clear thier parts and i have seen defective work from both but nothing severe. i highly recommend nickle or chrome plated arms over pc simply because the lower arm gets the snot beat out of it.

i will also ask about getting his website updated. i know they have been knocking out 450R parts but havent slowed down to take pictures, get them formatted for the web page etc. its no excuse...ill take a big stick and work someone over:scary: yes he does have LT and standard arms for the 450R. i went with the standard arm on my 450R and will have pictures when i get a chance to finish up my quad.

give me a heads up when you send them so i can make sure i go there and get them. if not they will sit there until i run across them:p

kazpr
11-02-2004, 02:39 PM
I saw a set yesterday @ JH Racing and looked dang nice for the money! They were silvervien.

Pappy
11-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
I saw a set yesterday @ JH Racing and looked dang nice for the money! They were silvervien.

i will have to take credit for them, i did a set and a swing arm and izzy told me they were for JH. so if they screw up its my ***:scary:

burgard is taking some serious steps to make improvements to his products. its cool being able to see the changes being made and the damn equipment is nutz. he is in the process of re tooling his operation and he told me last time i was there he was building a complete new finishing building. (which is cool because i can get some ideas and knowlegde from what they do)

team_450_88
11-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
team_450_88

when you get a chance just remove the ball joints and such and send them back. put a note in there about what the deal is and ill get them from him and re coat them for you. be sure to say in the note that Pappy will handle recoating them. i will try to find out who did them and see if i can help fix whatever is wrong. i know a few sets went out undercured...i know this because i am the one who found out his oven was not calibrated:p

i will ask about the tie rods but i cant make any promises. at best i can shoot them a different color to suit your needs better.

most companies have been using just one coat. pc shouldnt need 2 coats or anything to be fairly strong. houser and lsr clear thier parts and i have seen defective work from both but nothing severe. i highly recommend nickle or chrome plated arms over pc simply because the lower arm gets the snot beat out of it.

i will also ask about getting his website updated. i know they have been knocking out 450R parts but havent slowed down to take pictures, get them formatted for the web page etc. its no excuse...ill take a big stick and work someone over:scary: yes he does have LT and standard arms for the 450R. i went with the standard arm on my 450R and will have pictures when i get a chance to finish up my quad.

give me a heads up when you send them so i can make sure i go there and get them. if not they will sit there until i run across them:p

Appreciate it Pappy.....Dont worry bout the tie-rods i talked to him about those...He said he would send them..ill leave a note with the arms when i send them and he will stick some in there maybe....anyways..how much for the side case and valve cover or w/e u wanna call it on the 450r motor....?? thanks again,

Ryan

dads400ex
11-02-2004, 04:43 PM
I have had nothing but good dealings with Izzy, infact I have his a-arms on a Z400 and a 400EX plus a swingarm on the Z and a steering stem on the EX and have been very pleased with them infact so pleased I just got done getting premium a-arms, swingarm and a steering stem for my 450R and they all look sweet. Chrome uppers and black lowers, chrome steering stem and black swing arm plus a clutch cover which looks awesome.
I will post some pics when it is all together.

Pappy
11-02-2004, 05:13 PM
i have proably fondled that clutch cover:devil:

team_450_88

i geuss around $43 and that would include return shipping. the rocker cover should be ok but just remeber, your boots will tear the cltch cover up. ill be glad to do it or see if i can get you an EXR cover.