PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning your riding pants

Foxyangel0425
11-01-2004, 07:22 PM
I just got brand new motorcross fox pants riding on Sunday. But when I washed them the little spots of mud never came off I tried putting shout on them and the wisk that takes off stains and it still never came off. Do you have any suggestions on how to clean off the spots of mud stains?? :confused:

I-7
11-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah I have the same trouble but it doesnt really matter to me... oxiclean works wonders though

Mxjunkie
11-01-2004, 07:28 PM
anyone try one of those mr.clean magic erasers or w.e they r called yet?

11-01-2004, 07:41 PM
If I can't get the stains out I put them on the driveway and pressure clean them. Depending on how powerfull your pressure cleaner is watch how close you get so you don't rip them. It makes the whites look new again. Then I throw them in the washing machine.

ReconRider25
11-01-2004, 07:48 PM
anyone try one of those mr.clean magic erasers or w.e they r called yet?

those things are amazing! we got a ton of them at my house for free cuz they package them at the warehouse my dad works at and he got all the defects(worng sized pieces). anywho those things take off rust, grime, greanse, everything. dont even use soap anymore. oh yea they make headers and mufflers look brand new too.:p i dk how theyd work on pants tho.....i wouldnt worry bout it....

Mxjunkie
11-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
those things are amazing! we got a ton of them at my house for free cuz they package them at the warehouse my dad works at and he got all the defects(worng sized pieces). anywho those things take off rust, grime, greanse, everything. dont even use soap anymore. oh yea they make headers and mufflers look brand new too.:p i dk how theyd work on pants tho.....i wouldnt worry bout it....

im gonna have to run to the market and get some tomorow, sounds awesome :macho

Quad18star
11-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Believe it or not , but I've used engine cleaner ( for cars and trucks) on soem of my stuff . For either ridding gear or for clothing when I used to work at a gas station.

Throw it in the washer with the engine cleaner stuff .... do the cycle ... then wash it again with just normal water ( that helps to take the gas smell away) .

LTZ400rider
11-01-2004, 10:14 PM
simple green. honestly i wouldnt worry about it unless u plan on wearing ur riding gear to a wedding

86350x
11-02-2004, 02:43 AM
I have never been able to get the mudd spots out of the stretchy parts on my fox pants. Everything else will come clean though:confused:

Foxyangel0425
11-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
I have never been able to get the mudd spots out of the stretchy parts on my fox pants. Everything else will come clean though:confused:

Thats exactly what i am running into! How do you clean that? I put shout right on those spots but they never came clean.

& for the person that asked if I am wearing these to a wedding the answer would be no...i just like my pants to be clean and look new thats all. :devil:

Quad18star
11-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Im telling you .... engine cleaner will take it right out .... try it !!!!

86350x
11-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425
Thats exactly what i am running into! How do you clean that? I put shout right on those spots but they never came clean.

& for the person that asked if I am wearing these to a wedding the answer would be no...i just like my pants to be clean and look new thats all. :devil:

I use shout also, I can't get those parts clean either. Careful not to wash them to many times, the fox symbols are starting to come apart on my right leg.

Time for some new pants:ermm:

You could try what quad star suggested:confused: Or one one of the other ladies might know:confused:

Foxyangel0425
11-03-2004, 01:25 PM
I use shout also, I can't get those parts clean either. Careful not to wash them to many times, the fox symbols are starting to come apart on my right leg.

Time for some new pants:ermm:

You could try what quad star suggested:confused: Or one one of the other ladies might know:confused:

Good thing is i just bought them along with a cute shirt to match--sorry such a girly moment (LOL) :rolleyes: & another good thing well actually bad is we don't get out much to ride. We are always to busy or working to out and ride. :( so there would be no fear of them falling off anytime soon.

Its amazing how warm they are with a pair of tights under them--I was passing out candy in the freezing cold weather and was pretty warm. :D I haven't done my usual speed through the mudd yet cause I was afraid I would get wet in those pants. Do you know if they are water proof? Probably not huh :confused: and that would make the stains on the strechy even worse (LOL). :p

86350x
11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
They aren't too bad, but if you stay in the water they will soak through. If you just splash through it you won't get wet.

Mine have had the dreaded spots ever since I went up to bull gap in the winter time last season. When I met mike and zack at the hill.

I think I"m going to get moose ecr gear next. It's supposed to be really tough, and good for all season riding. I wasn't cold either with long johns under neath em.

Foxyangel0425
11-04-2004, 05:35 AM
They aren't too bad, but if you stay in the water they will soak through. If you just splash through it you won't get wet.

Mine have had the dreaded spots ever since I went up to bull gap in the winter time last season. When I met mike and zack at the hill.

I think I"m going to get moose ecr gear next. It's supposed to be really tough, and good for all season riding. I wasn't cold either with long johns under neath em.

Well what i usually do is just splash right through deep puddles the splash usually goes over my head (LOL). :eek2: But i think i will stick to not doing that while i have my gear on cause i don't want anymore splash marks on my pants :D

LTandRaptorider
11-04-2004, 08:33 AM
I have a problem with my riding shirt... it was cut off me last week! :eek: Can anybody on here sew it up for me, then I'll try to clean it? :confused: :p

Using Shout on the stains has worked for me, then rub the material back and forth. A pressure washer does work good also on stains. I spray some soap on, then hit it with my electric pressure washer. ;)

Quad18star
11-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I have a problem with my riding shirt... it was cut off me last week! :eek: Can anybody on here sew it up for me, then I'll try to clean it? :confused: :p

Using Shout on the stains has worked for me, then rub the material back and forth. A pressure washer does work good also on stains. I spray some soap on, then hit it with my electric pressure washer. ;)

You let them cut your riding shirt ?? :eek: When I was in my accident , they cut off my pants , boxers and riding boots .... when they came to cut my jersey , I told the doctor there was no "f'ing way ... those exact words also ... ( the drugs had kicked in by then hehe) . They listened to me and I was able to slip it off with the help of a few people . :devil:

GoOn3
11-04-2004, 09:04 AM
I used oxyclean to get the hash stains out of my under britches. Thing is, eventually it wears the fabric thin because it's just a milder form of bleach (check the ingredients). Be careful with any degreaser or hard core "garage" cleaner as you might weaken the fabric as well.
I just ended up buying colored underwear. Problem Solved!

dirtmomma
11-04-2004, 09:17 AM
LOL foxyangle your funny!! As for getting those "little" mudd spots out..................well I got the same problem & tried when I first got them but now said F'it :) anyway go w/ the simplegreen or oxyclean :) I used to use oxyclean in every load & it really helps or you can mix it up & put it straight on there!! I'm glad you got a CUTE shirt to go w/ them ;) we all need to look cute out there ;) What color did ya get? I got the purple/white now I'm looking @ getting BLACK over the boot cuz I'm a little pig I guess & can't keep them clean LMAO naw not a pig just get into waht I'm doing hehe