PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for millers tavern Nov.6

#88yfz
11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to know who was going to be there saturday.I'm going to be there.Weather also looks good.Track favors quad riders and a good turn out means big money pay back!!!Seee you there

TWISTED
11-01-2004, 06:43 PM
I'll be there Sat, night. Are you gonna be there early enough to get plenty of practice?

TWISTED
11-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Come on everybody!! I need a head count for Sat. night.

Dupontster
11-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Im going to be there sat night. Hope alot of quads show up.

TWISTED
11-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Fri. race has been cancelled. Gates open at 2:00 Sat. Practice should shortly after the gates open.

#88yfz
11-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Sponsor alot of big hitters are calling me out to rausch creek or seaford. I don't know if ican turn those offers down good schooling for me but it is still up in the air. I would also like to see a head count for saturday.

TWISTED
11-05-2004, 03:46 PM
You had better show up and take their money!!

#88yfz
11-07-2004, 08:42 PM
MILLERS TAVERN the track was nice!!!Expect agood turn out next year in the pro class after this weekend.There are scores to be settled there can anyone beat #171 he looked flawless.There was a big practice session sunday at ians a serious day.

TWISTED
11-08-2004, 07:07 PM
No doubt that 171 was on the gas, BUT if 85 had his bike straight, I'm thinking he would have been the man. BUT WITHOUT A DOUBT if 11 had not of sold his bike before the last two races(jackass) he would have taken it without a doubt!!! Next year will definately be interesting. Can't wait!!!!!!

Scottie Mac
11-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Definition of "Jackass"

>a rider who has two nice quads, and races neither.....<

Show a brotha a little love, man! Next year should be fun, I am hoping to be able to implement a few changes and am looking forward to being able to design the track. For once, quad riders will have what they have been looking for.

Scott

TWISTED
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
Definition of "Jackass"

>a rider who has two nice quads, and races neither.....<

Show a brotha a little love, man! Next year should be fun, I am hoping to be able to implement a few changes and am looking forward to being able to design the track. For once, quad riders will have what they have been looking for.

Scott I swear, you never cease to make me chuckle. That was good, I swear. Soon Yee would appreceiate it!!

Delaware152
11-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I wanted to make it down there but I had other things going on. If what I heard about a six race series is correct about next year I am sure I know a few people that will try and make that...$1500 reasons. What is a district series!!!

Scottie Mac
11-09-2004, 08:34 PM
JT-

Sorry we missed you this weekend. I was a little disappointed with the turn out, really wanted to sweeten the pot, but the rules are designed to promote more riders to show up. Hoepfully, next year that won't be a problem.

As for the "1500 reasons" please understand that is my suggestion for next year, but that very well may fall on deaf ears. I have a lot of suggestions for the track, but my input on the money is minimal. I know that Lenny (the owner) is hyped about next year, so hopefully, things will continue to grow, classes sizes and incentives.

If we can just make sure there is a full gate at each race, there is at least a 200 plus buck payout for the top three, which is better than anywhere else in either district. (especially, for an 8 minute race)

Scott

PS
Any suggestions for next year would be appreciated. feel free to email me if you or any of the D7 guys can come up with any.
smckenna12@aol.com

Delaware152
11-10-2004, 09:25 AM
From what I heard there where enough people signed up until they saw some of the guys there and backed out. People need to realize in racing anything can happen and you payback more than the winner. Maybe I will see you next year.

Scottie Mac
11-10-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Delaware152
From what I heard there where enough people signed up until they saw some of the guys there and backed out. People need to realize in racing anything can happen and you payback more than the winner. Maybe I will see you next year.

JT-

Let me take a minute to explain a few things to you and anyone who didn't understand Saturday night.

We had 7 guys who are of "pro" status initially show up. It takes 8 riders for us to bump in the extra money, $400. One guy broke, one guy never intended to race he came only to practice, like he has every week he has been there. The rules state that the number of riders in the pro class are the number who make it to the line for the first moto. 5 showed up, that is what we based the payout from. If you race, you don't pay to practice. If you don't race, you pay to practice. The reason we do this is because I have ALWAYS thought it was BS to make a racer pay to practice on a track they would later be racing on. Maybe next year I will just charge to practice too, that way it isn't as "confusing."

Now, as for the mistake on my part, I initially told Ian, Paul, Chris and the rest of the fun bunch that I would be paying all of their fees back because they didn't have enough to support the big payout. I ended up being wrong. Normally, we only pay out for the top three no matter what. Because I made the mistake, I ended up paying the other two riders out of my own pocket. My mistake, I take blame for it, I took care of it. That should have been the end of the story.

After this, the guys complained that they didn't like the fact that the top three all got the same pay out, $55. They wanted it to be the first place rider getting more than the second and so forth. The reason I have done this is because if there wasn't enough riders to force a big payout, I wanted the most riders I could allow to ride for free. I have already put in my suggestion to change this next year. (funny, none of the other classes complained, only the pro ATV guys)

One of the suggestions the guys had for next year was to do an 80% payback. OK, now for the math lesson.

5 riders x 40 bucks (entry fee) = $200 x 80% = $160

now, $160 split three ways is $53.33.

Doing things our way, the top three riders got $55 each.

I am no genious, but I am pretty sure $55 is more than $53.33.

Basically it comes down to this. I want more riders to show up, but I will not be putting up with any more complaining about this, that and the other. Chris mentioned to me he got a whopping $35 for finishing third in the Maryland State Championships. He made $20 more this past weekend AND raced for free.

When did this become a business opportunity? I thought the reason we all raced was to have a good time, enjoy hanging out with fellow riders and RIDE. That is why myself, and EVERYONE else at Miller's is a volunteer, because we love the sport.

We have grown by leaps and bounds this year and I am confident we will continue to grow next year. I hope you guys decide to make it down, if not, we will make due with who does.

Sincerely,

Scott McKenna

#88yfz
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Race at budds creek on the 21 of november hope to see you there for the fun of it!!!!!
DEL 152 would like to come to seaford this weekend and practice but i'm going out of town see ya at budds.
I suggest scottie mac races at budds the next race to see how hard it is in aclass to earn a up front position in D-7 with the fun bunch.

Scottie Mac
11-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by #88yfz
Race at budds creek on the 21 of november hope to see you there for the fun of it!!!!!
DEL 152 would like to come to seaford this weekend and practice but i'm going out of town see ya at budds.
I suggest scottie mac races at budds the next race to see how hard it is in aclass to earn a up front position in D-7 with the fun bunch.

Now here we go, a perfect example of what I am TRYING to explain. My last post was not a slam toward any of you D7 guys, I just don't want there to be ANY misunderstanding about Millers. In my years of racing Jetskis and Quads, I have had to deal with the double standard, red headed step child syndrome we quad riders are labeled with. I want to make sure that doesn't happen here. I called you guys the "Fun Bunch" because I enjoyed hanging out with them, mainly Ian and Chris, this year. Some of you guys are a little thin skinned.

Again, if you, or anyone else doesn't like the way I run things at Millers or has any suggestions, by all means, email me. I am TRYING to make Millers a better place for the RIDERS. I am open to suggestions. I am a quad guy, but the quad guys (only pro) are the hardest ones to please for some reason. We have about a million 50s, 65s, and 85s at Millers every weekend, with no trouble. But then again, they aren't racing for that extra $10, they are racing for a 5 buck trophy. That must be why. The pro quad class has been the smallest class all year, I hope next year it won't.

Sincerely,

Scott McKenna
smckenna12@aol.com

Delaware152
11-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Scottie...Thanks for clearing that up. I think what the guys want is to pay out 1 position for every 3 riders. All the district tracks except for Budd's pays 100%..Budd's does if John is in a good mood. I understand what you are saying about the fun of it.. I have raced for 15 years..I am getting old... and have saw times when you were lucky if there were 5-10 quads total at a race but it's nice to get a little extra money to help cover some costs. I understand your point but what seperates finishing first or third. Don't take this wrong I think it's great somebody is promoting quads and I am going to do my best to support you some next.

#88yfz
11-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Millers Tavern is what this area needed to tp promote mx racing in our area with a little more advertising like maybe flyers at budds oa around other tracks i think you would be surprised how many riders would show up and like it.I came down to see the track for the first time and next time it will be to race for sure.See you when the track opens back up.Twisted was the one who let us know all about it, thanks sponsor.

Dupontster
11-11-2004, 10:08 AM
We're looking forward to running Millers next year too....We'll only be in the novice class, but we're planning on running the full schedule....Can't wait.....It was nice to meet Twisted down there last Saturday....he helped us out and answered some questions we had....Bout froze our butts off toward the end, but we stuck it out....Very impressed with the whole layout and things ran pretty quick....Scott & Co. did an excellent job of getting people staged and there wasn't but a few seconds between the races....When one class came off the track, they had another on the line....We're keeping eyes & ears open waiting for the first practice session.....

Scottie Mac
11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Dupontster,

Glad you guys were able to stay the entire night. I was pretty cold there toward the end myself. We never entended to have a race this late, but we felt we owed it to the people in points races because of all the rain outs we had this year. Novice class was one of our biggest classes this year, but we have already informed a few of the guys that they will be bumped up to Pro class next year. No sandbaggers here!

Looking forward to seeing you all next year.

Scott

JT and 88yfz,

Glad we are all straight, again, looking forward to a great year! It should be a blast.