PDA

View Full Version : Possibly selling? How much?

900rracer
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I have an 89 250R I am considering selling and wondering what I should expect to ask for it. Here goes the list of goodies:

Burgard +2+1 A ams, Denton damper, Works triple rates with cans, AC front bumper, Pro Peg Nerfs, Durablue Eliminator with posi-lock, Rear shock revalved by Pro Action, 18-11-8 Turfs, with 19-6-10 Holeshot MX all mounted on Douglas red labels, Renthal bars, Maier race cut plastics, Ceet cover, 30 over cylinder with Wiseco, reed spacer, Boyesen carbon fiber reeds, Keihin 38mm Airstryker carb, FMF pipe and silencer, SCM case saver, Uni filter, new case halves in bottom end ( all new bearings and seals also), Hinson clutch basket, Wiseco Hot rod crank.

I think that covers the major stuff I have done. The frame and swingarm are stock. Some gussets and welds to the frame, and I am the third owner of that frame. I knew the original owner who bought it in 89. I was looking at similar R's and they were going for like $3800-$3000. Am I in the ballpark If I ask high and let someone talk me down? What should I ask for it? Anyone interested I live in the western PA/Pittsburgh area.

beak7707
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
I would think 3,500+, dont give it away.

900rracer
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
I will probably only sell if I get a nice buck. it is costing me nothing to leave sit in the garage. The wife wants me to keep it, but we never use it anymore now that we have a new 450R.