PDA

View Full Version : eBay sellers - free boxes shipped to your door

Craig02
11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
I found this last week and they sent me 100 boxes today, I thought it might be helpful to some other sellers out there. You must have sold items on eBay within the last month and you can only order 1 case of boxes per day.
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productCategory.jsp?cat=Personal+Use&prodCat=/Shipping+Supplies/Personal+Use/2.+Priority+Mail

Craig02
11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Here is another link for some different sizes.
http://ebaysupplies.usps.com

quadridermx
11-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks! I just ordered a bunch. :cool:

muff
11-01-2004, 08:08 PM
so is this totally free or what?? do you have to pay for shippin on em :confused: :p

47501exracer
11-01-2004, 08:50 PM
The boxes are free. HOWEVER, you have to use them to ship items by Priority mail.

You can do Click & Ship from their(our) website and print out your address labels with(c. card) or w/o postage and it comes with free Delivery Confirmation.

I work for the PO(sure wish they'd sponser me!) and I order our boxes from the customer site so we get them faster. I don't recall a maximum per day because we ordered 600 boxes last week.

Go to the USPS website and you can do it all there

www.usps.gov

Plus we deliver on Saturdays for you weekend warriors that need something before Sunday's ride.
We deliver on Sunday too but only Express mail.

quadridermx
11-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Hopefully 47501 can't track my box order and cancel it, lol...

But (and in no way do I endorse this), you can just cover up the "Priority Mail" part with some well-placed tape if you just want to ship it (through USPS... of course you'd never use a free USPS box to ship with anyone else, hahaha) standard mail.

I in no way endorse or encourage using free USPS boxes at other shippers simply by covering up all "USPS" and "Priority Mail" printings

Craig02
11-02-2004, 06:08 AM
I normally use priority mail because it is fast, but someone told me that all you have to do is turn the box inside out.

Pappy
11-02-2004, 08:08 AM
you can walk into any US Post office and get free priority mail boxes.

DAB516
11-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Heres a tip order those and flip them inside out. Then you can ship them anyway you want. and yes you can go to the post office and pick the priority mail boxes up for free.

47501exracer
11-02-2004, 08:27 AM
You are not supposed to flip them inside out. It's kind of a trade off for the USPS and customers. We get you to mail at Priority rate and you get a free box.

Foxrage
11-02-2004, 01:25 PM
What is usps? Is that your normal post office? The closest place to ship around here is UPS. But a post office is even closer put i thought they were expensive to ship big items. Thanks

wilkin250r
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
What are the boxes packaged in?

47501exracer
11-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Foxrage
What is usps? Is that your normal post office? The closest place to ship around here is UPS. But a post office is even closer put i thought they were expensive to ship big items. Thanks

Yes, that's the local post office. The rates vary depending on how heavy and far you are sending something. i did a little test awhile back between the PO and UPS and for the most part the PO is cheaper. Big businesses usually use UPS because they have a better tracking system and their invoicing is easier to use than the PO. You can get rates to ship anything anywhere using the usps.gov website. UPS is harder to figure out the cost.

The boxes are usually packaged 25 per case. The sizes should be on the website where you order them.

K_Fulk
11-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you can walk into any US Post office and get free priority mail boxes.

Yup, also priority does cost more (compared to first class) but is usually quicker. And dont forget about the free address labels too.

They used to give away tape too but they did away with it. Good thing I got a case of it in my garage.

As you can tell i ship about everything from the post office. It rocks being in a small town and having one thats not busy a 100 yards away.