PDA

View Full Version : Power Tip

cb550man
11-01-2004, 02:34 PM
I just wanted to say I installed one of those exhaust power tips on my 250ex and it is a good buy. Do any of you know about this tip? They are selling it on Ebay for 49.50 with shipping. If you don't want to waste money on your 250ex but want it to sound good this is a great buy. It has a nice throaty sound and it make a little more midrange power. You don't have to jet your carb and it also has a spark arrester. Just thought I would throw it out there.

YFZ450Ridr
11-01-2004, 02:49 PM
i see that alot on ebay but never know if its worth it. thanks i might get one for x-mas or seomthing.

blitzkrieg05
11-02-2004, 09:29 AM
I have seen those tips on Ebay... but sorry to say, you wasted your money $$ See, the stock tip for the 250ex is stainless steel, On my exhaust i took the tip off, and then used an air grinder to cut the silencer out, i got the same sound and improvement without spending the extra cash. and i also saved the stock spark arrester and attached it to the tip. works great :D

cb550man
11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
I didn't waste money because the new tip is polished billet alum. and looks cool. It makes the pipe almost look aftermarket. I also have the stock tip in tact to replace it if I need warranty work done on it. Just my opinion

jahaiap
11-05-2004, 05:26 PM
i put the tip on my 400ex and it ran like ****. it popped and backfired scarring all the small children in the neighborhood. plus my friends laughed at me... seriously i wouldnt recomend it to anyone. the fir and finish is great, it lokks cool, but i would have had to rejet my bike to run so i put it back in the box. ive been thinking of taking it out latley to use it as a paper weight... if i used it for the rest of my life i might get my money out of it :D