PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the election...

Bush0102
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Personally, i think tomorrow will be an incredible day. I think we will see nearly 75% of registered voters, including millions of voters aged 18-24 come out to support their candidates.

Unfortunately, I think George W. Bush's savior in 2000 (the electoral college) is going to come back to haunt him. I think Bush is going to win the popular vote, but unfortunately will narrowly lose the electoral vote.

lets hope i'm wrong!:macho

but no matter who wins, keep on riding!

TRXRacer1
11-01-2004, 02:15 PM
The electoral college is a BS outdated system that should be banned. We have the technology now to tally the popular vote quickly and we don't need it.

My Vote is for Bush and if your a bush supporter you better get your ***** out there and vote because right now I think Kerry is going to win this one.

acold7dusta
11-01-2004, 02:35 PM
i think there both retards but out of those i think id rather have kerry as my president

YFZ450Ridr
11-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by acold7dusta
i think there both retards but out of those i think id rather have kerry as my persident

Bush0102
11-01-2004, 02:42 PM
i think there both retards but out of those i think id rather have kerry as my persident

Good reasoning! I'm glad neither of you can vote... I noticed you guys voted for kerry in the poll instead of selecting the Not Voting option...:rolleyes:

YFZ450Ridr
11-01-2004, 02:46 PM
well if i could vote i would gladly vote for kerry over bush. bush isnt spending money wisely or in the right places i dont think.

acold7dusta
11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
kerry will end what bush started....resulting in me not being drafted:D

Bush0102
11-01-2004, 02:53 PM
..and you guys call bush and Kerry retards. The fact that you mentioned the draft shows how uninformed you really are. If you cant even vote, how will you get drafted?

Once again, thanks for lying in the poll and skewing the results...

JUSTINcredible
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM

i very highly doubt you would get drafted either way.

this being the first election i can vote in i payed attention to the debates and what each canadite has to offer and i like diffrent thing from each of them but i am going for bush. I think bush will clean up iraq the right way, while karry will just rush things up and leaving the iraqies sitting there dumber than they are now.

EDIT: I looked and your not even 18, how do you figure your going to get drafted?

zephead400ex
11-01-2004, 03:15 PM

Glad your not voting!

gyt-r450
11-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Personally, i think tomorrow will be an incredible day. I think we will see nearly 75% of registered voters, including millions of voters aged 18-24 come out to support their candidates.

Unfortunately, I think George W. Bush's savior in 2000 (the electoral college) is going to come back to haunt him. I think Bush is going to win the popular vote, but unfortunately will narrowly lose the electoral vote.

lets hope i'm wrong!:macho

but no matter who wins, keep on riding!

i hope your DEAD wrong:chinese:

Cruzin720
11-01-2004, 04:41 PM
..and you guys call bush and Kerry retards. The fact that you mentioned the draft shows how uninformed you really are. If you cant even vote, how will you get drafted?

just because you can't vote right now doesn't mean you can't get drafted during the next term...you could be 17 right now, not be able to vote and get drafted within the next 4 years

I-7
11-01-2004, 04:56 PM
The news is getting so crazy. They had this in depth story about what will happen if there is an electoral tie... then the house of representatives vote somehow and if that ends up a tie... george bush will be president for another four years but edwards will be his vice... its all in the constitution but I cannot believe that happening...

Bush0102
11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Cruzin720
just because you can't vote right now doesn't mean you can't get drafted during the next term...you could be 17 right now, not be able to vote and get drafted within the next 4 years

...or there could just not be a draft no matter who gets elected, which is the situation.

derekhonda
11-01-2004, 05:20 PM
uninformed voters are going to ruin our country because kerry will be elected by them. ****in' democrats

Cruzin720
11-01-2004, 05:25 PM
...or there could just not be a draft no matter who gets elected, which is the situation.

obviously that is what most of us are hoping for, but in your post you were saying that if you are not old enough to vote, you will not be drafted, which isn't true. I am not old enough to vote, but will be old enough to be drafted in a few years

Punk'd
11-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Search for the thread (john kerry agrees with you) :D ;)

sportraxrider10
11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
uninformed voters are going to ruin our country because kerry will be elected by them. ****in' democrats

shut up seriously, how do you know that your the one that is not informed. do you know everything? ooo sorry you cant say you do so shut up. and no i cant vote and i dont care who wins i just cant wait until its over

brian-250
11-01-2004, 06:16 PM
I dont think Kerry would be a good president for a dog club, JMO.:o

JUSTINcredible
11-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by gyt-r450
i hope your DEAD wrong:chinese:

you hope hes dead wrong about millions of voters that are 18-24??

I think that it is great if that many you ppl go to the polls tomorrow. I know I will be one of them. and in states like Minnesota, (where I live) Wisconson, Iowa, and Ohio the young voters are going to be the one that makes the diffrence between who our next president will be.

Bush0102
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
i think that he was referring to me predicting that Kerry is going to win....:)

dodgeram
11-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I agree...but a lot young people are freakin idots that don't have a clue about anything other than grudge music and what type of pants will hang lower on their ***. Have you ever sat a listened to 18-22 year old kids, they are uninformed, and will just vote for whoever sounds good in the liberal media. I mean you have puff daddy...(or what ever he is called now) ralling people to vote, anyone who listens to some one like that will vote democratic for no other reason than.......The cooliest rapper ever told me to vote or die. So in conclusion I hope all the little punk *** kids stay home, and watch videos.......Bush\Cheny 04

Guy400
11-01-2004, 07:24 PM
kerry will end what bush started....resulting in me not being drafted:D Are you really that uninformed?? How many times must it be repeated...there will be no draft!! Also, do you know how this whole draft issue started? With a few Democratic (that's right, the party that John Kerry is representing)congressmen writing up a bill. Go HERE (http://thomas.loc.gov/) and under Bill Number type "HR 163". That is the Universal National Service Act of 2003. It's the draft written by Charlie Rangel (Democrat from NY) and is sponsored by 5 other Democrats. It's a dead issue now but uninformed logic is funny. You're afraid of the draft so you're voting for Kerry but Kerry represents the party that's actually presenting the draft bill to the U.S. Congress. Do you see how your logic is skewed?? You're putting a vote in for the party that wants to reinstate the draft because you think Bush is going to draft you...lmfao. If you want to avoid the draft you better vote Bush.

Originally posted by TRXRacer1
The electoral college is a BS outdated system that should be banned. We have the technology now to tally the popular vote quickly and we don't need it.The electoral college is not outdated nor should it be banned. The electoral college is there to level the playing field for all the states. In 2000 we had roughly 100 million votes cast across all 50 states. California and New York comprise roughly 18 million of those votes. If our elections were based on the popular vote you'd have California and New York deciding who your president is every 4 years. Those 2 states carry more popular vote than Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah combined. Is it really fair that 2 states have a louder voice than 13 other states in our country? The electoral college gives the smaller states a little more influence but larger states still have more votes but it isn't insurmountable. California and New York have 86 electoral votes combined. Those 13 other states I listed now have 104 electoral votes combined. This gives those 13 smaller states the power to offset 2 other large states. The electoral college is a proven system that gives every state in this nation a voice.

Pappy
11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
i always vote for bush....or shaved...doesnt matter:o

Mxjunkie
11-01-2004, 07:33 PM
ah only if pappy was running for president, id like him better then these 2 idiots, one plank face and one beedy eyed druggie, bush is for quads, kerry is for legalizing mary jane for medical purpose's, soo at the moment imo, anyone would be better then these numnuts :rolleyes: im not tryin to piss anyone off or anything but these years elelection is soo messed up, my dad said its starting to look like vitenam all over again, war starts because of lies, people dying, draft-maybe then many lost brothers and sisters :o im only 14 so my facts may not be correct or as high as others, but if you ask me, im totaly against this war, we have no business in iraq, we supplyed sadam with the weapons of masdestruction and as far as i know, he used them all!, bush could have had osama but he let the pakastanies i think it was go for him, but osama was paying them and he got off while all our boys and girls r in iraq fighting for what?

2002400ex
11-01-2004, 07:41 PM
I wish i was old enough to vote. I have to wait until the election after next to be able to vote. I hope Kerry loses. I would encourage all my friends to go and vote casue i want bush to win.
Go W!

Pappy
11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
ah only if pappy was running for president

pappy aint quite old enough to run for president:D

bush is for quads, kerry is for legalizing mary jane for medical purpose's

medical use ....well my grand ma had to use it when she had cancer....so whats your point? pass the hooka:scary:

my dad said its starting to look like vitenam all over again, war starts because of lies, people dying, draft-maybe then many lost brothers and sisters

actually the vietnamese war started over the gulf of tonkin incident. it was more like a spark that ignited a fire. the difference is that the media didnt start screwing with the american public until 1/2 way thru the war.

only 14 so my facts may not be correct or as high as others, but if you ask me, im totaly against this war, we have no business in iraq, we supplyed sadam with the weapons of masdestruction and as far as i know, he used them all!, bush could have had osama but he let the pakastanies i think it was go for him, but osama was paying them and he got off while all our boys and girls r in iraq fighting for what?

being young is no excuse. its your duty to find fact and truth not listen to opinions only and the media. being against war is a good thing. just remeber that war is sometimes needed. we supplied hussein with WMD's? thats a new one on me.

bush didnt let the pakistani's do anything. the american commanders on the ground used expierenced afghans to guide highly mobil forces thru the tora bora region. study up on what the russians learned about that area in the 80's.

our troops are fighting for a little thing called freedom. and what do you know, they do it for others the same as they would do it for us.

proud american here:scary:

400exdad
11-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
i always vote for bush....or shaved...doesnt matter:o

Thats the way to keep it lite Pappy! :D

Pappy
11-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Thats the way to keep it lite Pappy! :D

dark is ok too:scary:

crap-banshee32
11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
not old enough to vote yet, but would vote for bush is i could!

sportraxkid
11-01-2004, 08:51 PM
my mom and dad, both grandparents from both sides, my 2 bro's and there girlfriends and my 2 sisters and there husbands are all voting kerry. im only 15 but personally I think bush is a deuche I can cant stand him. oh and 2 out of my 3 best friends parents are voting kerry. but bush will probley win utah because of all these god damn mormons. :rolleyes:

I-7
11-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
my mom and dad, both grandparents from both sides, my 2 bro's and there girlfriends and my 2 sisters and there husbands are all voting kerry. im only 15 but personally I think bush is a deuche I can cant stand him. oh and 2 out of my 3 best friends parents are voting kerry. but bush will probley win utah because of all these god damn mormons. :rolleyes:

Come on... you have to support your opinion or you will get jumped all over... :o

Pappy
11-01-2004, 08:53 PM
a shaved mormon...lmao

47501exracer
11-01-2004, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRXRacer1
[B]The electoral college is a BS outdated system that should be banned. We have the technology now to tally the popular vote quickly and we don't need it.

I totally agree with you on the Electoral vote. It is not needed and it doesn't matter if there are 50 million voters in California and 1,000 in Idaho. It's us the people that are voting.

Both of our candidates are idiots but I am not voting for Bush again.

BTW, I don't ever see a draft happening again unless there is WW3.

Pappy
11-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 47501exracer
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TRXRacer1
[B]

I totally agree with you on the Electoral vote. It is not needed and it doesn't matter if there are 50 million voters in California and 1,000 in Idaho. It's us the people that are voting.

wow...our schools are in big trouble:eek2:

47501exracer
11-01-2004, 09:02 PM
????

I know that's not really the # of voters in those states. I just think a popular vote would be more modern. I haven't been in school for.....oh damn I'm getting old.

sportraxkid
11-01-2004, 09:04 PM
lmao pappy thats a good one, I dont like bush because he I think he rushed to war and he cant admit it. And I think I have a higher chance of seeing my cousin who is the war sooner with kerry over bush. I wish we could move the americans off that country and blow the hole country off the planet.

Quad18star
11-01-2004, 09:08 PM
My thoughts on the election ...... Can't wait till it's all over :)

Pappy
11-01-2004, 09:10 PM
in laymens terms the electoral college was set up based on the population numbers in each state so that each state would have an equal balance in the election.

i was always under the assumption that the EC would be based on that states popular vote but i understand thats not entirely correct either.

Rastus
11-01-2004, 09:33 PM
A states Electorial College votes are determined by Electorates.

Each party picks Electorates.(Bigger states will have more Electorate positions.., while the smaller states will have fewer positions.)

Ok, Lets say for example that Bush wins the popular vote in Ohio. Since the Republican party has the popular vote, the Electorates that the Republican party have chosen will get to vote.

The Opposite will happen if Kerry carries the popular vote in Ohio. The Electorates that the Democratic party have chosen will get to vote.

The Electorates do not have to vote with the party, they can vote for who they want. It's in the best interests of the party to get someone to vote with the party though.

Hope that helps Pappy and anyone else not sure how it works.:)

Pappy
11-01-2004, 09:35 PM
thanks dude.

another reason to pay attention in skool:scary:

Rastus
11-01-2004, 09:44 PM
IMO..., If I could vote ( I didn't vote in the Poll BTW.) I would vote for Bush.

I think that if we rushed out of Iraq now.., we'd show the whole world that we're incompetent. Yes, the country that put the first man on the moon, and won the cold war. It's kinda silly to even think about it.

I'd be voting on principles too.., but this subject would be so lengthy and controversial that I'll save you guys the trouble.:)

Sure, Bush has bad things. No one's perfect.., but I don't think this economic problem is entirely to be blamed on him.

When Pappy said this:

"bush didnt let the pakistani's do anything. the american commanders on the ground used expierenced afghans to guide highly mobil forces thru the tora bora region. study up on what the russians learned about that area in the 80's."

This is the absolute truth. The Russians had a horrible time in Afghanistan.., and I think there are still a lot of T-72s(Tanks) just rusting in fields.:p

LazeR
11-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Well i turned 18, sept 5th, and signed up to register to vote before that! Also i already voted (mail in ballots in Oregon) I voted for the president that i thought/think is the best choice and that would be BUSH! I can't wait to see him in office for another 4 years, yes he isn't perfect, i don't agree with him 100% but he doesn't flip flop, he sticks to his word, and i know he's a hell of a lot better than that kerry idiot!

400exdad
11-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
Well i turned 18, sept 5th, and signed up to register to vote before that! Also i already voted (mail in ballots in Oregon) I voted for the president that i thought/think is the best choice and that would be BUSH! I can't wait to see him in office for another 4 years, yes he isn't perfect, i don't agree with him 100% but he doesn't flip flop, he sticks to his word, and i know he's a hell of a lot better than that kerry idiot!

Now you're an informed 18 year old! If only the others (who are going to vote for Kerry :) ) would pay attention to the facts and not the rhetoric. Oh, BTW, does Puffy get credit for you getting out and voting? :blah:

LazeR
11-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 400exdad
Now you're an informed 18 year old! If only the others (who are going to vote for Kerry :) ) would pay attention to the facts and not the rhetoric. Oh, BTW, does Puffy get credit for you getting out and voting? :blah:

I would of voted no matter what, (unless i wasn't 18 of course) I do not want to see Kerry get into office, i like my rights and freedom and want to keep them. If only more people understand how bad Kerry will screw up America! I am fairly informed for being 18, and its part my parents and part i don't want to be some moron when im older and not know anything about what side is for what, so i decided to actually pay attention to the news, pay attention to talk radio, and what not and i have found out whats BS and whats not! I was pretty damn happy i get to vote in this election! So i had to make sure i knew what and who i was voting for!

Nothing ticks me off more than to have some punk kid talking up Kerry and when it comes to back there opinion basically its because "Thats what my mommy and daddy think" i would love to just say "Well guess what, mommy and daddy are idiots"

**hops down from the soap box**

I-7
11-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Bush is up 193 Electorial votes to 112 votes for kerry but they are yet to get in the votes of 2 more major states... I believe florida and California

Bush0102
11-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Its looking bright for bush to take FL...if he wins there and in Ohio or michigan its over...

im on the edge of my seat......

user101
11-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Bush is up 193 Electorial votes to 112 votes for kerry but they are yet to get in the votes of 2 more major states... I believe florida and California

to correct u the major states are florida,ohio,and pennsylavania which kerry just won.

Bush0102
11-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by user101
to correct u the major states are florida,ohio,and pennsylavania which kerry just won.

dont count your chickens before they hatch...

Florida: Bush 52% Kerry 47% 90% precincts reporting

Ohio: Bush 52% Kerry 47% 40% precincts reporting

Pennsylvania: 63% precincts reporting Kerry: 57% (win)

I-7
11-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by user101

As of now... everything is all logic but kerry just won 55 electorial votes from California... It will be a while before they predict florida because they still have a bunch of absentee ballets un accounted for. They predict that it will take until thursday to figure out the numbers for Florida

Fred55
11-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Wisonsin too!

Quad18star
11-02-2004, 09:17 PM
I was watching the news tonight , and they mentioned something about one of the states ( i can't remember which ) but they said that it could take up to 30 days to decide a winner if the state they were talking about has troubles and that the matter might go into the courts ??? :confused: Whats up with that ???

Bush0102
11-02-2004, 09:29 PM
the supreme court has already issued a statement that it wont hear any election-related cases this year....so its pretty much up to the states to figure things out

400exdad
11-03-2004, 06:21 AM
I guess not many 18-24 year olds took Puffy's, VOTE OR DIE! threat literally. :eek: From what I heard, only that age group only made up less than 10% of the vote. Looks like Puffy's going to have to use an automatic instead of the handgun he uses in "da clubs". :blah:

400EX_Kid_03
11-03-2004, 08:14 AM
My whole family (other than my brother, he is only 17) voted for Kerry

dodgeram
11-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by 400EX_Kid_03
My whole family (other than my brother, he is only 17) voted for Kerry

I'm sorry.......:( :( :( :(