PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Alley

Quad18star
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with Thunder Alley .... they make custom exhausts built for your needs . I'm just trying to get a little bit of feedback because there isn't really much out on the internet about them . I need to know if anyone has any graphs showing approximate power gains for the YFZ450 .

Also how loud is this exhaust ??

How is it compared to an LRD or a Sparks pipe???

TRX Smoker
11-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I have a ceramic coated TA w/ a plus 6 header fo rsale if oyur interested. PM me.

Kennethyfz450
11-01-2004, 11:07 PM
I love my Lrd pipe .. the people on yfzcentral loved their thunderalley pipe then it disappeared i never seen or heard of them again.. lol

i would get another lrd if i had a choice or a sparks

ozark450
11-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Has anyone ever dealt with Thunder Alley .... they make custom exhausts built for your needs . I'm just trying to get a little bit of feedback because there isn't really much out on the internet about them . I need to know if anyone has any graphs showing approximate power gains for the YFZ450 .

Also how loud is this exhaust ??

How is it compared to an LRD or a Sparks pipe???

I have had a Thunder Alley on my last YFZ450 but sold that bike with it. I loved the power although it was a little loud. I would say it's louder than the Sparks but I haven't heard the LRD.

I have a ceramic coated TA w/ a plus 6 header fo rsale if oyur interested

What are you asking for your pipe? I might be interested in putting it on my new bike.

TRX Smoker
11-04-2004, 05:21 PM
i would like to get 300. i payed 420 new.

Quad18star
11-04-2004, 09:15 PM
What does the 6 inch header extension do???

TRX Smoker
11-05-2004, 02:24 PM
it increases low end dramatically.

Blizzard24
11-05-2004, 05:13 PM
I have a TA pipe and it is comperable to the TC shorty for power gains. Not nearly as loud though. Great company to deal with.

YFZ420
11-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Has anyone ever dealt with Thunder Alley .... they make custom exhausts built for your needs . I'm just trying to get a little bit of feedback because there isn't really much out on the internet about them . I need to know if anyone has any graphs showing approximate power gains for the YFZ450

I had a thunder alley with a +6 header and was not at all impresed with the power. It does have a smooth torque line on a dyno sheet but it just didnt work well with my mods. this is a good low end pipe with NO mid range hit and top end horsepower was better with a dr d slip on. This pipe on my bike felt worse than the modified stock pipe I used.