PDA

View Full Version : random tire thought

EPDP99
11-01-2004, 12:43 PM
Just random but why do people say the cheaper tire suck. I will agree with them when they do, but I bought a set of maxxis tires form my quad recently. My brother works at a Discount tire or americas tire and he looked them up. the maxxis tires are made by greenball. Yes greenball also known as GBC. Just thought Id point this out. I thought it was interesting......

Pappy
11-01-2004, 12:48 PM
there are numerous manufacturing facilities that make different products for different companies. just because they roll off the same line doesnt mean they are even close as being the same.

its not just the tire manufactures....its a ton of different parts or products

TRXRacer1
11-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the real world, big companies use different names to push different products.

Pappy
11-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Welcome to the real world, big companies use different names to push different products.

pretty much true....

a small company can form and take an idea to market using a larger manufacture' to do the work. the manufacture still makes its product and the small company handles the marketing.

ofcourse sometimes this equals direct competition between the manufacture's brand (if they market also) but usually its good for everyone involved.

just walk into a grocery store and look at the different canned goods selections, then look at where they are produced at.

look at automotive batteries. there are only about 5 major manufactures in the USA yet we have 45 different brands:huh

Ralph
11-01-2004, 01:14 PM
I think we talked about this at rausch, coors light and keystone light i think it was is the same beer with diff marketing targets

Originally posted by Pappy
pretty much true....

a small company can form and take an idea to market using a larger manufacture' to do the work. the manufacture still makes its product and the small company handles the marketing.

ofcourse sometimes this equals direct competition between the manufacture's brand (if they market also) but usually its good for everyone involved.

just walk into a grocery store and look at the different canned goods selections, then look at where they are produced at.

look at automotive batteries. there are only about 5 major manufactures in the USA yet we have 45 different brands:huh

theTman
11-01-2004, 01:19 PM
pretty much the same thing with kawasaki and suzuki right?

outacontrol31
11-01-2004, 01:32 PM
just like gm motors has like freakin a ton of different brands under there name that they control, it's crazy,:eek2:

TRXRacer1
11-01-2004, 01:37 PM
hijacking.....

Same as ford too

chucked
11-01-2004, 02:23 PM
i just bought some "x-driv" tires all around for my 400ex, they are the same exact quality as the maxxis razr 2, but about 30% less

EPDP99
11-01-2004, 02:33 PM
okok, i get it. Just thought it was interesting at the time. But never put that much thought into it.......