PDA

View Full Version : What motor option to go with?!

1BAD4HUNDI
11-01-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm going to rip my quad down this winter sandblast and powder coat everything and I want to rebuild the motor or get it rebuilt. I was thinking about going with a FCR carb, possibly a Sparks cam or a stage one Hotcam and an 11:1 piston, not sure what bore to go with either. I would like to get the head ported and polished and get the valves done. Any ideas where to go with that? I thought about sending it out to Curtis Sparks, but I've heard there's like a 6 month wait. Also thought about Duncan Racing. Anyone have either of these? Any help would be great. Thanks!

hondarider2006
11-01-2004, 01:02 PM
As far as the powdercoating, good luck with that. For your motor, build it yourself man. Order a shop manual for $30 from C&D, sit down and read it, and learn something new. For the port and polish you might have to send your head out, but you can do the piston and cam and stuff yourself. If your bumping up your compression, you should lean more twords a higher revving cam like the Hot cam stage 2. I have one, and was running a 10:8.1 compression and it was awsome. Motor is toast now...but when it ran it was awsome. It was a 416 bore, stiffer valve springs, hot cam stage 2, and a magnum rev box. Great set up, and I did it myself. Another advantage of doing it yourself is you just saved a bunch of $. Don't forget the pipe and all of that great stuff. If you have any questions, PM and I will try to help ya:cool:

red2004 TRX450R
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Hetrick racing is in western PA and they do a great job.
I have seen them do wonders with the 400ex.

give them a call!! or look them up on the web.

1BAD4HUNDI
11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
hondarider2006 I'm not worried about building it myself, I have a manuel and I have done A LOTof mechanical work on my quad and many other quads and vehicles. My problem is I've been working 60+ hours/week and don't have the time to mess with it, if the overtime calms down I'll do it my self. red2004 TRX450R
I looked them up there only like three hours away from me which is good. I'll have to call them up and see what they an do thanks!:D

hondarider2006
11-03-2004, 12:04 AM
than if moneys not an issue, send her in for a rebuild:cool:

zakk54
11-03-2004, 07:49 AM
How about a TC 450 Stroker Motor I'm parting out with an Unlimited CDI a 41mm FCR Carb and Tc Pipe!! It cost $3600.00 to have all the work done by Tom Carlson at the end of 2003, It was freshened by lost Creek for 2004 and the FCR was added!! It's the National 450 Stroker Motor for Mx!! All the bells and whistles!! Pulls Yfz's and 450r's that are piped all day long!! Drop it right in!!

thame2010
11-03-2004, 08:05 PM
dude you have a f***ing sweet quad!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2: