PDA

View Full Version : Is my dealer crazy?

gottaluvit
10-31-2004, 06:19 PM
I told my dealer that I was going to get a white Brothers exhaust syatem...He said not to...that Honda has tested the stock exhaust and that the bike will perform best with the stock exhaust. He also said that you might gain 1 hp on top you might lose two or three on the bottom. I know these aftermarket companies want our money but I always thought an aftermarket pipe was best. Please tell me what you guys think.

Ridin' Jesse
10-31-2004, 06:21 PM
uhh..lol i dont believe that idk why he would say that..

ridered-450r
10-31-2004, 06:24 PM
yea, hes crazy. the 450r is corked up stock. i put a hmf full system on mine, made a big difference from bottom to top.

hsr
10-31-2004, 06:29 PM
White Brothers is an official sponser for the factory bike guys

Ridin' Jesse
10-31-2004, 06:32 PM
sry to get off topic but hsr where in Pa r u

sulnz450r
10-31-2004, 09:26 PM
I have white bro. e2 slip on and I love it , not a complaint here,and I sure didn't feel any loss anywhere.

tamehart
10-31-2004, 09:43 PM
The dealer may have been confused with the CRF450. From my understanding, the CRF450 has a top grade exhuast from factory. Your dealer may be thinking of the dirt bike. Someone may correct me if I am wrong. I worked for a honda shop for a while and nearly all the racers that came in had stock exhaust.

roostin_dale
10-31-2004, 09:46 PM
thats a bunch of horse balls! lol...A hollow potatoe would be as good as a stock 450r pipe...(sorry if anyone disagrees)

chris450R
10-31-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by gottaluvit
I told my dealer that I was going to get a white Brothers exhaust syatem...He said not to...that Honda has tested the stock exhaust and that the bike will perform best with the stock exhaust. He also said that you might gain 1 hp on top you might lose two or three on the bottom. I know these aftermarket companies want our money but I always thought an aftermarket pipe was best. Please tell me what you guys think.

yeah the dealers are all F-in stupid! i went to one and they told me that with stock exhaust, stock jet, lid on, and a 13t front sprocket it would have more torque than a full sparks exhaust, jetted, lid off or cut, and with a 13t front sprocket(which i have)!:huh i just nodded in agreement and was thinkin to myself what a f-in idiot. that is why i don't go to the dealer. i get all my my good info on here:D don't ever believe a dealer when he tells you something, just smile and nod your head in agreement it will go by faster that way and none of the bad info and lies will stay in your head!:blah:

400ex45
11-01-2004, 10:49 AM
i think it might have been the crf250 that has the good exhaust but it could be both crf's

benwa450r
11-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Your dealer doesn't know his ***** from a hole in the ground. The factory exhaust IS corked up and heavy. Any aftermarket system to me is better than stock... and lighter. Some dealers know what they're talking about.... yours doesn't.:eek: Why do you think Tim Farr is running a Sparks exhaust?

Matt102
11-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I'd guess he got confused with either one of the CRF's. I wish Honda could put an exhaust on the quad in stock form like the bikes have. The bikes have sweet exhausts.

Jersey450R
11-01-2004, 09:57 PM
you can most likely convert one somehow, thats would be cool to see someone do it, it would sound real nice!

DirtDevilBT
11-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Every dealership I have ever gone to knows nothing about the bikes they sell. Even the service people are more than not complete idiots that probably don't follow the service manual. I ask sales people questions all the time just to get a laugh and everytime they try and sound knowledgeable I end up having to school them up on what they're selling. Jezzzz, catch up a little.

MMS
11-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks to some very knowledgeable dealers in the area ours and some of the other shops are booming with business.