PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip to Glamis, need advice.

Rickyrebar
10-31-2004, 05:14 PM
I am planning to take a family "winter vacation" to Glamis.
We have been to Florence & Sand Lake in Oregon. Beverly & Moses Lake in Washington.
We live in Washington, so this will be a long haul and would like to do it right the 1st. time and avoid any confusion and problems in going to unknown territory.
Will be making the journey with a 26' "Gear Box", 2 kids & a wife.
Figure on making it a 2 week trip, door step to door step, 4 days travel, 10 days play. Should we plan on spending all our "riding" time @ Glamis?
I would like to here from anyone who has made this trip before, what to expect, what not to expect. Based on our previous dune adventures localy, what is different about Glamis...sounds "remote", is it a good place to take a family? Etc...

bigbadktm
11-02-2004, 05:52 PM
it might be best to hit it on an off weekend, no major holidays. but you could spend a few days at glamis, a few at gordons well, and a few at buttercup/grays well.

be warned though, there is a fee to camp at all imperial sand dunes recreation areas (ISDRA) i believe it to be $30 for a week, and know that it is $90 for a season.

but they are all great to ride at. post a date when you're heading out, and some might be able to show you around and take you on a ride or 2.

also check out www.glamisdunes.com for more info, and friendly people to camp with. hope all this helps.

Jersey450R
11-05-2004, 05:02 AM
bring a chit load of water and a a bunch of toilet paper.

CaliLifeStyle
11-18-2004, 09:03 PM
If you camp across the street from the store there, it's free. Glamis, in my opinion is the best riding. Like the other guy said, try visiting the other places too. Gordon's Wells is near Glamis. Don't show up needing too much, otherwise you will pay an arm and a leg for everything.