PDA

View Full Version : best power/speed gains

bigbadbrad
04-15-2002, 03:15 PM
what are some of the best ways to get more power and speed out of my 300ex with out boreing it? would a rev box, header/silncer, k&n power package be good. i ride in the woods and snow. on 22" tires which would give me a better top speed, down or up a sprocket? how about on 20"tires up or down a sprocket.
thanks
bigbadbrad
:confused:

ny300exrider
04-15-2002, 03:23 PM
any high qualility headpipe/silencer will add good power, and if you add an exaust you must either buy a jet kit, seperate jets, or go the extra mile and get the power kit. go up a sprocket for higher top speed and down a sprocket for good low end. i dont really know too much about tires, but i am pretty sure a 22in. tire you will go down a tooth(not sure). i dont think id go with a rev box because i hear some bad things about them and they could rev too high and damage your engine.

400exJOE
04-15-2002, 03:46 PM
The deal with the rev kit is it is fine for your 300. The problem people often speek of is the White bros. rev kit for the 400ex because all it is is a repackaged xr250 rev box, which makes the quad hard to start. Another way to gain some power would be with a high performance cam.

43atv
04-15-2002, 05:57 PM
the modified black box from fourstroke tech works great on the 300ex i've had one for over a year now without a problem.