PDA

View Full Version : aaarrrrgggghhhhh.please help!

robbo1
10-31-2004, 02:11 PM
I installed a jet kit per instr on my 300 ex. no air box lid and yoshi slip on. it runs great mid and top end and starts and idles good. went riding today and all of a sudden when i went into reverse it began spitting and sputtering...only in reverse. i checked the plug back at the trailer and it was BLACK when i checked it earlier... it was tan. WTF...yesterday the thing was running so good and today it is junk...any ideas or suggestions why this is happening?:confused: :mad:

Xowner
10-31-2004, 03:26 PM
your hitting the rev limiter too fast in reverse now it sounds like you said its just doing it in reverse?

flyingbyfast400
10-31-2004, 03:35 PM
ya sounds like Xowner is right.. from the way ur saying it.. its gotta be you just bouncing it off the rev limiter....

robbo1
10-31-2004, 03:41 PM
would the installation of all those things free up the motor enough to do that? and why is my plug all of a sudden really black? :confused:

Xowner
10-31-2004, 03:43 PM
its because its cutting the spark and the fuel is still coming in and not burning off causeing like a being to rich problem in reverse

so you ether need to look into and cdi box that gets rid of all the limiters or not give it so much gas in reverse

robbo1
10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
dude...thanx now that i think about it, you can run the throttle a little in rev w/o it sputtering...but if you go too far it starts happening. and the cdi cutting the spark would make it seem like its running rich...huh? i still have stock tires on it and never hit the rev limiter yet so i dont know what its like to do so. you have eased my mind. THANX;)

Xowner
10-31-2004, 07:31 PM
no prob i just try to help when i can