PDA

View Full Version : Looney Toons Exhaust

Ridin' Jesse
10-31-2004, 08:06 AM
my friend wanted me to find out if anyone heard anything about the LTE Racing dual exhaust for a predator 500

their link is http://www.lteracing.com

300ex13
10-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Havent heard of any

rollie
10-31-2004, 07:26 PM
ehh for the price id go with a nicer pipe like a sparks are HMF...JMO:)

jay's 300
10-31-2004, 07:36 PM
My buddy has it on his Pred and it's bad@ss, a bit pricey though. I would get it if money isn't really an issue. :D

JOEX
11-01-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure if all this applies to the Predator or not but you get two headers, two silencers, an aluminum airbox and a quieter machine.

The biggest selling point for me is the quieter exhaust. Noise is an issue around here....

wheeltrax
11-01-2004, 09:14 PM
I personally think they look awesome. I am a big fan of dual exaust on pretty much anything, dont know why however. I have yet to see it in person, or hear it, so i dont have any info to go buy. Its a bit pricey, but look at everything your getting, 2 headpipes, 2 silencers, the airbox, and what not, as stated already, its not a bad price for what you get. I would like to see some dyno sheets, and it would be nice to ride a quad with them to see how they stack against the competition...

Ridin' Jesse
11-02-2004, 07:23 PM
well my buddy's gettin em...next time he gets his paycheck..crazy ki hes 16 and works everyday gets about 400$ a month..hes savin up for that exhaust cuz hes gonna drag with me next year:D what do u think about performance? i think its gonna put out some power, but i dont no much about quads...what do u think?

muddy400EX
11-02-2004, 08:11 PM
i deff. think that it looks awesome but i dont think that 2 mufflers would be a good thing cause if you think about it, 2 mufflers is gonna make way more restriction than 1 and make less power. and it would be like REALLY quiet. maybe im wrong but thats what i think. i would go with HMF, sparks,lrd,etc.

jmpulse
11-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
I personally think they look awesome. I am a big fan of dual exaust on pretty much anything, dont know why however. I have yet to see it in person, or hear it, so i dont have any info to go buy. Its a bit pricey, but look at everything your getting, 2 headpipes, 2 silencers, the airbox, and what not, as stated already, its not a bad price for what you get. I would like to see some dyno sheets, and it would be nice to ride a quad with them to see how they stack against the competition...

The system has been out hp'ing all the systems out there. Depending on which quad, it has been anywhere from 2-10hp. My Honda 400EX, and 450R have waken up really nicely with the system, and the Yahama's increase are insane!

jmpulse
11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i deff. think that it looks awesome but i dont think that 2 mufflers would be a good thing cause if you think about it, 2 mufflers is gonna make way more restriction than 1 and make less power. and it would be like REALLY quiet. maybe im wrong but thats what i think. i would go with HMF, sparks,lrd,etc.

Two 1 3/4" holes more restricted than one? No.

They are quiet, all can hit the 92dB or less, the 400Ex tests out at around 89dB, making them leagle in Oregon! Plus the power loss is minimal with them fully quieted, max loss is less than 2hp. Most systems I have looked at make the 96dB level by restricting their systems down to near pea size openings!

muddy400EX
11-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by jmpulse

They are quiet, all can hit the 92dB or less, the 400Ex tests out at around 89dB, making them leagle in Oregon! Plus the power loss is minimal with them fully quieted, max loss is less than 2hp. Most systems I have looked at make the 96dB level by restricting their systems down to near pea size openings!

WOW that is quiet. if you raced, you wouldnt even be able to hear it. i just dont see the point in putting dual exhaust on a one cylinder engine. if they really are that great then you would see atleast one pro racer that runs one. and arent they like $700?:huh

Cole Trane
11-02-2004, 11:44 PM

I'm gonna say that 2 hp is a pretty substantial loss on a 400ex considering they only have about 26 hp to begin with. JMO

jmpulse
11-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
I'm gonna say that 2 hp is a pretty substantial loss on a 400ex considering they only have about 26 hp to begin with. JMO

On my 400, I am getting less than 1hp loss, of the gain of the system. At dB, I am right around 32hp, with very minor mods, and a slightly wore out piston. The less that 2 hp loss is the max loss of any LTE system on the matching quad.

jmpulse
11-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
WOW that is quiet. if you raced, you wouldnt even be able to hear it. i just dont see the point in putting dual exhaust on a one cylinder engine. if they really are that great then you would see atleast one pro racer that runs one. and arent they like $700?:huh

The rumor is out there that major rider will be using the system starting this comming year. The problem with the big name pros, is that they are sponcered, and get big $ for running exausts from certain companies.

Cole Trane
11-03-2004, 02:27 AM
On my 400, I am getting less than 1hp loss, of the gain of the system. At dB, I am right around 32hp, with very minor mods, and a slightly wore out piston. The less that 2 hp loss is the max loss of any LTE system on the matching quad.

I wouldn't call a 426 kit a "minor" mod. And 32 hp for a 400 is pretty decent. The bottom line is (MY OPINION) I wouldn't want anything that is going to make me lose power in my quad. I can see using it because of sound, but you could also use a quiet core.

jmpulse
11-03-2004, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't call a 426 kit a "minor" mod. And 32 hp for a 400 is pretty decent. The bottom line is (MY OPINION) I wouldn't want anything that is going to make me lose power in my quad. I can see using it because of sound, but you could also use a quiet core.

Quite cores on other systems are a joke. By the looks of the opening, you would be luckly to get any power gain. The LTE system can be run wide open, with gains that are greater than other exaust systems. Your opinion, is it actually based on any evidence? I have seen and put LTE Racing up against many of the big pipes. I call $200 invested a minor mod, and the port and polish was done by a buddy, and was more of a port matching, and cleaning up. Just for the record, my 400 only started with 24hp, so a net gain of 8hp.

wilkin250r
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
When air exits a hole or opening in one, quick rush, it makes a noise like a "pop" or "bang". The most obvious example is a gun. In an engine, it happens every time the exhaust gasses exit the cylinder.

The idea of a muffler (of any type) is to reduce noise. The only way to reduce that "pop" is to slow it down and spread it out over a longer period of time. This is done by restricting the flow of gasses. This is why you get more power from an aftermarket exhaust, because they have less restriction. But as a result, they are also louder. "Quiet" pipes have more restriction, and thus less power gain.

How does that relate to the LTE system? With two exhaust pipes, each pipe has only half the airflow. This means less noise. It also means less restriction is needed to keep the noise down. With dual exhaust, you can keep the noise level down without too much restriction. You can get more power from a dual-pipe setup at 89db than a single "quiet" pipe at 89dB.

So why aren't the pros using them? They are closed-circuit racers, they don't have sound restrictions. Plus, the dual-pipe setup weighs more than a single pipe, and extra weight is bad.

Cole Trane
11-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Quite cores on other systems are a joke. By the looks of the opening, you would be luckly to get any power gain. The LTE system can be run wide open, with gains that are greater than other exaust systems. Your opinion, is it actually based on any evidence? I have seen and put LTE Racing up against many of the big pipes. I call $200 invested a minor mod, and the port and polish was done by a buddy, and was more of a port matching, and cleaning up. Just for the record, my 400 only started with 24hp, so a net gain of 8hp.

What do you have done, just a bore and piston? Just wondering, I was looking to do the same and was wondering if this is a good setup. Probably gonna put a stage 2 hotcam in too.

PS: the evidence is that I don't wanna lose power on my quad.

jmpulse
11-03-2004, 07:40 PM
What do you have done, just a bore and piston? Just wondering, I was looking to do the same and was wondering if this is a good setup. Probably gonna put a stage 2 hotcam in too.

PS: the evidence is that I don't wanna lose power on my quad.

Just bore, piston, and exaust. Before the exaust, I didn't notice much, the real excitment came with the exaust.

LTE system does not loos any power! It is actually 2 hp more than any other system tested against. Then if you want to use the quiet core, the system is still out powering any other tested system, and they all non quieted systems.

jdwxv3
11-03-2004, 08:22 PM

sikblak400
11-04-2004, 05:29 PM
i wanted to get it for my 400ex but i already have an aftermarket air box so i find it useless buting a whole kit if i cant use it all.

jmpulse
11-05-2004, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't want anything that is going to make me lose power in my quad. I can see using it because of sound, but you could also use a quiet core.

Here is a little reading about the system.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88268

A different reveiw from Dirt Wheels

Ridin' Jesse
11-06-2004, 01:20 PM
alrighty! i got the DYNOCHART for a predator...so heres an idea of LTE exhaust directly from the company!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/mentalathome/image001.jpg

thanks alot Kristen from LTE!

400exstud
11-06-2004, 06:21 PM
The system has been out hp'ing all the systems out there. Depending on which quad, it has been anywhere from 2-10hp. My Honda 400EX, and 450R have waken up really nicely with the system, and the Yahama's increase are insane!

Oh yeah great power on the yamaha. Anybody read the Dec. Dirt wheels p.66 and 67. 15-20 seconds slower than the Dubach on the same track. It also weighs twice as much as one pipe.

As for the yamaha. Any pipe you stick on that thing will make it a rocket. The LTE just doesn't keep up with the other pipes.

440exnacsracer
11-06-2004, 09:54 PM
well, the lte is definately a unique exhaust, but personally, i wouldnt put dual exhaust on any sport quad other than the v-force....in which case, i would stick with HMF

jmpulse
11-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud
Oh yeah great power on the yamaha. Anybody read the Dec. Dirt wheels p.66 and 67. 15-20 seconds slower than the Dubach on the same track. It also weighs twice as much as one pipe.

As for the yamaha. Any pipe you stick on that thing will make it a rocket. The LTE just doesn't keep up with the other pipes.

LTE is really pissed off about the test! They are testing their system head to head against the Dubach to prove the faulty test. I know that everyone takes Dirt Wheels word as all knowing, but they had issues. Here is what has already been said about others testing the LTE system, http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88268 . I have made one miss statment about the jetting of the YFZ, and I appoligize about that to the person I stated it to in a PM.

Testing can be flawed, and some companies don't pay the big $$$ to Dirt Wheels that others do. I am not stating that there is anything funny going on there, just from all that I have experanced with this exaust system, the reveiw appears bias. They make fun of the owners name, weigh the stock muffler, vs the LTE system. They just set the air mixture screw till the quad idled, not the normal way of setting the adjustment. They stated that the reveiw was a head to head test, what reveiw has ever been a head to head like this, all I have ever seen have been a speak no bad about the product. How does a exaust system cause more viberation, could this be a sign of mis jetting, or something else? Why, also, did Dirt Wheels not include LTE in the head to head test that they have done in the past, when LTE was trying to get them to test their systems?

The dB reading had to be done incorrectly, the sound cops in Oregon have tested and passed the systems up there, without a problem. Being that Dirt Wheels got a brand new system to test, and they couldn't read proven noise levels, what else could they not properly follow?

Before you jump to the idea that LTE is bad, look at the link posted, and search for the owners of the system. I have yet to hear any of them complain about the power and sound of the system. Don't let one biased, unprofessional test, lean you away from a system that will meet Oregons dB laws, making the power of other systems out there. If you want to talk real dB and hp numbers, contact LTE Racing, and ask for the dyno graphs. I know that they are not pulling dyno games, as stated in the link provided. If you want to see their products in person, they are going to be at Sand Mt over the Thanksgiving weekend.

TRXRacer1
11-07-2004, 09:51 AM
If you want to talk real dB and hp numbers, contact LTE Racing, and ask for the dyno graphs.

No matter who it is you really shouldn't get that kind of info from the manufacturer. Third party info is the way to go and right now the LTE isn't looking to special. Personaly I don't think a dual exhaust makes much sence on a single cylinder motor. Your gains won't justify the cost. I see the quiet side of it but they will never sell one to me.

Ridin' Jesse
11-07-2004, 10:06 AM
that dyno is directly from LTE...

TRXRacer1
11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
that dyno is directly from LTE...
Just curious what your point is......

Ridin' Jesse
11-07-2004, 05:05 PM
If you want to talk real dB and hp numbers, contact LTE Racing, and ask for the dyno graphs.

that is my point..idk if he knew it was directly from the company

YZ400EX
11-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Why does everyone hate the LTE sytem so bad..I mean it looks pretty trick and those that dont like it that fine, thats your opinion, but why does everyone insist on bashing this company so bad on all these threads..I mean if you dont like it dont buy it..Its that simple..Yes the Dirt Wheels test said it sucked, but it could have been bad jetting or other situations..Not a big deal..You cant really bash anything or say anything bad at all until you have tried it and seen for yourself..I Just dont see what the big deal is..let them advertise their product and if people like it then they can buy it..If theydont keep your opinions to yourself..It sucks to look at every post about exhaust systems and see that someone is saying how bad LTE sucks..Just drop it already!! If you dont like it dont buy it..!!

TRXRacer1
11-07-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by 440EXGUY
Why does everyone hate the LTE sytem so bad..I mean it looks pretty trick and those that dont like it that fine, thats your opinion, but why does everyone insist on bashing this company so bad on all these threads..I mean if you dont like it dont buy it..Its that simple..Yes the Dirt Wheels test said it sucked, but it could have been bad jetting or other situations..Not a big deal..You cant really bash anything or say anything bad at all until you have tried it and seen for yourself..I Just dont see what the big deal is..let them advertise their product and if people like it then they can buy it..If theydont keep your opinions to yourself..It sucks to look at every post about exhaust systems and see that someone is saying how bad LTE sucks..Just drop it already!! If you dont like it dont buy it..!!
What gives you the right to say people can't voice thier opinions? It's this mentality that weakens forums. If someone thinks that a product is not worth the money they have the right to say so. The same goes for if you like it too. I have every right to say it's not worth it because as most people know the $ to gain ratio won't work out. If you need it to get the noise down then have at it but if your looking for a mod that won't cost you twice as much as it should then run.

YZ400EX
11-08-2004, 12:18 AM
I am not saying that people cannot voice their opinions, but it seems that every post on this section of the forums that have anything to do with questions about exhaust someone has something crappy to say about LTE..I mean what is the big deal. If someone wants to buy it fine..if they dont thats fine too..It just sucks too see that every post about exhaust someone is talking about the LTE and always bashing it..I just dont know what the point is of doing this really is..let people voice their opinions good or bad, but dont keep arguing about it over and over again on every post with this subject!! If you dont like it fine..leave it at that!! I am sure anyone who has seen any posts lately about exhausts have the point YOU dont like it..Cool whatever..who cares really..thats your opinion and you are entitled to that, but it just gets old seeing it over and over again!! It has nothing to do with the mentality of my posts!!