PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding front brakes?

Depalma
10-31-2004, 04:45 AM
I let the fluid sit over night like some suggested in previous post. When I bleed the can I do one at a time or both at the same time? Also do I have to I have to have the lid on the cover where the fluid goes? Correct me if I am wrong Loosen bleeder nuts, pull in lever tighten bleeder nut let out lever.

400ex28
10-31-2004, 08:32 AM
You can do them one at a time and u can leave the lid off the rezivor while you are bleeding the brakes :)

JDiablo
10-31-2004, 08:40 AM
what i do which will take a good 20 mins,if i fill up the ressy with brake fluid,open up the bleed valve on one end,pump the brake lever a couple times,then while still holding the brakelever,i tighten the bleed valve,then pump the brake lever a couple more times while the bleed valve is closed to build up pressure,then i open up the bleed valve while still holding the brake lever,you can only let it go while the bleed valve is closed to fill up the rezzy again with brake fluid,will take a lil bit but well worth it,just make sure you dont get no air inside and dont forget to fill up the rezzy too...same thing goes for the other caliper:D hope this helps

YFZ450Ridr
11-01-2004, 02:59 PM
i just pump up the brakes a bit, hold lever in open up bleed valve, then close it. and repeat for other side. works like a charm for me and takes 5 mins.