PDA

View Full Version : Accidents Accidents Accidents !!!

Quad18star
10-30-2004, 10:52 PM
I don't know if it's just me or what , but this year seems to be a bad year for many EXRiders . Since the start of the year , it seems like theres atleast one person from this site per month that gets into a serious accident and some have lost their lives . Everything from people breaking arms , legs , wrists , ankles, head injuries etc . It just doesn't seem to end .

And it doesn't only happen on this site also . Ive read over on YFZCentral , Bluetraxx, Hbomb films , and even in my local emergency room . Last time I was there , there was a guy with the same kind of leg injury as me .... a guy I work with also broke his leg in the same manner .... an older gentleman at the emerge has a broken wrist and needed plastic surgery to repair half his face when his 4x4 quad rolled onto him . People in comas from crashing ... man it just doesn't end

I have a REALLY bad feeling , ATV insurance is going to sky rocket just like it did with snowmobiles in the mid 90's becasue of so many accidents . Some are flukes , some aren't the persons fault , and some are because of the lack of proper training .

I just wanted to post this , cuz Bart aka LTandRaptorider is going through some tough times , as well as a few other people that I know of .

Everyone be safe and ride smart !!!!!

Atreyu
10-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. I just got a concusion, whiplash and damaged ligaments in my neck...IT SUCKS!!! When will you be able to ride again Quadstar?

Quad18star
10-30-2004, 11:10 PM
I ain't getting back on a quad or anything anytime soon . I'm still missing about 2-3 inches of bone in my right leg that needs to be built up before I can even start walking or doing excercises . I figure I won't be riding until mid next summer if I'm lucky .

I was told my recovery period is about 1 year to 1 1/2 years IF all goes well , and I can expect up to 2 years if the bone graph is not succesful .

Rm_rida102
10-30-2004, 11:32 PM
ya just recently i was riddin a wheelie up the road with shorts and a t shirt and it went back on me...i slid about 50 feetand it wasnt pretty i had sum serious road rash i coulda prevented that tho with pretective gear

Pappy
10-30-2004, 11:36 PM
its just mathmatics in action.

more of anything leads to more of something

:huh

n00b on a 400ex
10-31-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Rm_rida102
ya just recently i was riddin a wheelie up the road with shorts and a t shirt and it went back on me...i slid about 50 feetand it wasnt pretty i had sum serious road rash i coulda prevented that tho with pretective gear

shorts is the worst thing to wear when ridin. i did it one day when me and a friend were in a local pit jumpin and stuff (this was on my old tb 250), well i jumped this small hill at a completely bad angle, my left leg falls off, gets pulled under the tire, flips me off, and runs over both my legs. i ended up having to get stitches in one leg and a pretty nasty cut on the other, plus both of my back legs had some serious tire/gravel burn. at least i was wearin a helmet, but nothin really besides that

sly400ex
10-31-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
its just mathmatics in action.

more of anything leads to more of something

:huh

Exactly!

chucked
10-31-2004, 11:53 AM
Last weekend a buddy of mine was riding in VA with his boss on some property he just bought, the week before the owner died when he ran off a short cliff and his 4x4 landed on him.

Nausty
10-31-2004, 12:03 PM
I agree, my cousin was killed in an atv accident a couple of months ago and it seems like everyone is getting hurt.

A lot of people think they are cool and tough when they don't wear helmets! I think they are idiots and so do most people who have had a lot of experience w/ them.

willow2679
10-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi, I donīt write here but Isee the place a lot, I have a banshee and eight weeks ago in a circuit I jumped a table and land on my left leg (the axle catch it) I have thre broken bones in my ankle with one going out of the skin (Iīm Argentinian and speak spanish and donīt know how it is called that hurt and the bones that I broke) I have surgery with four bolts two implants(?) to the bones and one plate. I have a plaster now and I canīt walk or touch the ground for at least one month more
RIDE WITH HEEL GUARDS and PLASTICS doonīt be stupid like me!

redrider69
10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by n00b on a 400ex
shorts is the worst thing to wear when ridin. i did it one day when me and a friend were in a local pit jumpin and stuff (this was on my old tb 250), well i jumped this small hill at a completely bad angle, my left leg falls off, gets pulled under the tire, flips me off, and runs over both my legs. i ended up having to get stitches in one leg and a pretty nasty cut on the other, plus both of my back legs had some serious tire/gravel burn. at least i was wearin a helmet, but nothin really besides that

how many legs do u have ????????

yea its gay my best friend messed up his leg the other day when it rolled back onto him

dunnonuttin
10-31-2004, 05:49 PM
for me it happens every other week at the bmx track. them parts can get expensive

TRX250R22
10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Greg, I hear ya loud and clear. This year has been bad. Im surprised I'm not out right now, there were some crazy racers this season haha, I hope you get better soon man, and all the best

Josh

Quad18star
10-31-2004, 06:13 PM
Yeah thanks Josh ..... I watched a few races this year and it was a tough battle between you guys out there . A couple good tumbles by you and a few other guys .... especially Matt i think it was at the Massey race when he caught a rut on the downhill and flipped about 3 times .

400ex28
10-31-2004, 06:17 PM
YOU CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!! AHHHH :eek2:

j/p yeah i have noticed it as well......lots of crashing and wreaking....and those peeps that dont wear helmets r complete idiots and shouldent be riding anyways!!!!!:scary:

Quad18star
10-31-2004, 06:23 PM
I guess this is what happens when ATV sales jump by almost 150% each year and people don't get educated enough about them .

And as far as those people that don't wear their helmets or don't tie them up ... I guess they don't value their head . It doesn't take a hard impact to have brain damage ... a simple fall or hitting your head at 5mph could leave you screwed for the rest of your life.

400ex28
10-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I guess this is what happens when ATV sales jump by almost 150% each year and people don't get educated enough about them .

And as far as those people that don't wear their helmets or don't tie them up ... I guess they don't value their head . It doesn't take a hard impact to have brain damage ... a simple fall or hitting your head at 5mph could leave you screwed for the rest of your life.

Well said.....

Also...people go out and buy $6g quads and wont pay a simple $100 for a helmet.

Quad18star
10-31-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Well said.....

Also...people go out and buy $6g quads and wont pay a simple $100 for a helmet.

Ya thats the worse . I get people that come into the shop asking for a brain bucket for their 5 year old .... but they want the cheapest and something thats way to big cuz " he's only gunna go a few times this year and I want it to fit him for atleast 3 years" Thats the line I hear wayyyy too often .

i30nes
10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
... a simple fall or hitting your head at 5mph could leave you screwed for the rest of your life.

I had a friend of mine have that happen... Not quad related he was just jumpin off a curb on his bike and just landed wrong caught his head on the curb... Didnt die but had to have surgery to remove a blood clot in there :ermm:

86350x
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
I hope this winter and next year will be better to you guys.