PDA

View Full Version : bore and stroke

xX-400racer-Xx
10-30-2004, 04:09 PM
i have read some articles here and found out that a bored and stroked 440ex will out-run a bored 440ex all day long and is also more reliable just wanted dome 2nd opinions on this and was wondering where i could go to get a bore and stroke kit? the only thing i can find is a 440 bore kit on ebay :blah:

cals400ex
10-30-2004, 04:11 PM
i would contact GT Thunder. the prices seem good there. they can bore, stroke, and do just about anything you would want. you will find their name in the Links section on this site.

Sturgell
10-31-2004, 08:43 PM
Powroll. They take your crank stroke it 4mm and install a "Tough rod" although I am sure you could get them to install a higher strength rod of your choice, just the crank and rod is $545 I think I may be wrong on the price. I think their address is under the links section also.

shamisc
01-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by xX-400racer-Xx
i have read some articles here and found out that a bored and stroked 440ex will out-run a bored 440ex all day long and is also more reliable just wanted dome 2nd opinions on this and was wondering where i could go to get a bore and stroke kit? the only thing i can find is a 440 bore kit on ebay :blah:

Well, to comment to your post, I have an 11:1 FST 440 Big Bore and my buddy went with the Powroll 4mm stroke and 416cc 11:1 440, and on every surface we race on we're dead even from start to finish no matter how long or short we run! Actually, I weight about 60 lbs more than him too! :D Stroking is without a doubt more reliable b/c of the HD rod that goes along with it!