PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Bandit XCs?

K400EX&A250EX
04-15-2002, 12:49 PM
Just curious if anyone has had any experience (good or bad) with the Bandit XC tires with kevlar belts. We do a lot of riding in the desert where there is a lot of cactus and a lot of sharp rocks. The 400EX I bought for my son had them on the front, and I put them on the back as well. I've already bought them...so they're going to get used until it is time to replace them regardless of how good they are...but I just wanted to see if anyone had anything to say about them.

Also, any idea why they appear to be wider than the stock 400ex tires on the rear? I bought the exact same size...but they are at least 1 1/2 inches wider than the stockers.

OCCRA288
04-15-2002, 03:19 PM
A Guy I race with swears by them. He grooves them though. They look pretty tough too. I think i'll stay with my holeshot XC's though.

ny300exrider
04-15-2002, 06:24 PM
i know a guy with a mojave who has the bandit xc s and he also loves them, and he rides em in everything including sand. he made it up our biggest hill at the local pit without barely loosing traction.

Stunz
04-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Good point:
Very tough

Bad points:
Heavy
&
Not good in sandy hill climbs

Wingnut
04-16-2002, 07:32 AM
Watch out for cracks in the sidewall. I have had mine for about 8 months and there is still plenty of tread left. Just a bunch of cracks, some of them are leaking air.

OCCRA288, would it be possible for you to get a picture of those grooved Bandits? I have been thinking about grooving mine.

exriderdude
04-16-2002, 09:07 AM
my friend runs them on the front of his R and 400. he thinks there awsome, and so do I. thats what im gettin. i will probly get holeshots for the rear though.:D

K400EX&A250EX
04-16-2002, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I don't need these to be the BEST tires in the world or anything. I just need them to be a decent all-around trail tire...and I HOPE that they are fairly robust