PDA

View Full Version : Riding with bent axle

Stock 400 rider
10-29-2004, 09:34 PM
My mechanic said I can ride with my bent axle cause it`s bent next to the rims so no problem.

Should I trust him?

JDiablo
10-29-2004, 09:35 PM
no,wtf?thats likes riding with a bent a-arm....get a new one,before the mess up the the bearings in the carrier htne you will have to replace it :o

chucked
10-29-2004, 10:50 PM
not really, unless your always riding on smooth terrain it isnt really gonna effect it, the stress it will put on it isnt much worse then the stress put on it from hitting bumps????? i rode with a bent front rim and a bent axle for 6 months and everything is still tight, and this is riding every weekend for about 6 hrs a day.

BSTURDIVANT
10-30-2004, 07:23 AM
If it's just a slight wobble you won't notice much on rough terrain.
We have straightened ours twice this year. Just take to local machine shop and use a press- just don't heat it!

Stock 400 rider
10-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Chucked this riding you said, it`s trail riding or on a track?
Just rode today on a mx track, did some bad landings and I`m not sure if it`s allright, didn`t checked yet.

BSTURDIVANT my axle bent 4 times this year and I don`t think it will last long doing that all the time. At least that`s what my mechanic said. He said it will brake soon when trying to fix it again on the press.

chucked
10-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Stock 400 rider
Hey Chucked this riding you said, it`s trail riding or on a track?
Just rode today on a mx track, did some bad landings and I`m not sure if it`s allright, didn`t checked yet.

BSTURDIVANT my axle bent 4 times this year and I don`t think it will last long doing that all the time. At least that`s what my mechanic said. He said it will brake soon when trying to fix it again on the press.

i ride about half and half

Toadz400
10-30-2004, 10:25 PM
I've been riding a pretty bent front rim for a good 6 months, and my buddy has a bent axle, hes been riding that for like a week, if its not vibrating when your riding on some flat terrain its just fine prolly...

user101
10-30-2004, 10:59 PM
my axle has been bent for a year or so and i dont have a prob with it..but its only a slight wobble thats really hard to notice

Jersey450R
10-31-2004, 06:10 AM
go next to your quad, sit next to her, put your hand on her back, and gently let her know.. say, "bye bye bearings, i'm sorry i didnt try to fix this before".

theTman
10-31-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
go next to your quad, sit next to her, put your hand on her back, and gently let her know.. say, "bye bye bearings, i'm sorry i didnt try to fix this before".

LMFAO!!!!

Stock 400 rider
10-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I've been riding a pretty bent front rim for a good 6 months, and my buddy has a bent axle, hes been riding that for like a week, if its not vibrating when your riding on some flat terrain its just fine prolly...

Funny you mentioned that, I rode today on the pavement and the bars were vibrating a lot in my hands, not the axle:confused: