PDA

View Full Version : How much for this Nova?

Toadz400
10-29-2004, 08:01 PM
I need some estimates on how much a 1971 Chevy Nova would cost.

Here's the mods that it has:

383ci Stroker (1,000 miles on it) built by Pro Machines in Baldwin, WI.
Close ratio shifter (4spd manual tranny)
4.11 rear end gears
New 3Core Radiator (I think that's what it said)
Eldebrock Performer Series Carb
Eldebrock Performer RPM Intake & Fuel Pump
Hooker Headers
MSD 6T (I think that's what it said, or else GT) Ignition Box
MSD Distributor and Wires
Bosch Platnium 4 Plugs

The body is in good condition, no rust that I could see. Probably just needs a new paint job because I think it might be original paint on it. This is the 2 door version, has bucket seats and a load of aftermarket gauges on the inside. The exterior looks like it needs a LITTLE work, trim here and there that needs to be fixed and the drivers side door needs new hinges and a new window roller. The tires are also in great shape and so are the rims, which appear to be original. This car looks like it's in great shape for how old it is, as I see a lot of muscle cars around here beat to crap.

How much do you think it's worth? He's asking $3750 or best offer.

mojoe2878
10-29-2004, 08:08 PM
from your description it sounds like its worth the 3750. if the stroker was done right he probably has most of that in the engine. offer him like 3000 cash on the spot and i bet he'll take it.

bulkdriverlp
10-29-2004, 08:25 PM
id prolly pay 5 for it, buy it for 3 now!!!

Toadz400
10-29-2004, 08:33 PM
I figured it was worth more than what he wants for it, considering that it seems like there is well over that into the engine. I haven't heard it run because I just saw it on the side of the road, locked up the brakes and pulled over to look at it.

I'm going to take a picture of it tomorrow, but I won't be able to post it for another few days.

Toadz400
11-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Bump - I would like to hear some more input on this...I'm very interested in this Nova, as I've always wanted an American Muscle Car and this seems like the perfect opportunity, I just want to know how much I SHOULD be spending on it...sorry about the pic, I won't be able to get one for a few days because of work.

Crazy Honda
11-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Take a good look at the frame and look close around the rear wheel arches if there in good shape id say around 3000 would be a good price for the car. Dont be scared to take a small punch and poke at the frame in any bad spots if the punch wont go through it should be ok.

Toadz400
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Yea I looked at the frame and there appears to be no rust spots. I won't be able to take a look at it anytime soon because of work, but my dad is going to stop out and take a look for me. The day I saw it and wrote down the mod list, I forgot to actually write down the number:o .

86350x
11-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Make sure its not a bondoo buggie too. Check the doors and the bottoms of the entire car. About 3 grand if it really is that nice.

PHAT400
11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
2 word's..

UNI- BODY

Look it over really well. Look underneath the car...

:o

Quad18star
11-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Liek everyone is saying ... check it over well for rust . Wheel wells , trunk , floors and doors are prime areas of rust . Also check the frame .... I bought a few cars in my younger days without checking the frames , and I swear I was able to squeeze and watch the frame crumble in my hand . Trust me ... you don't want to start boxing frame rails .

Novas have known spots for cracking and for rust forming . Its in the area where the roof connects to the rear quarter pannel ( between the small side window and the rear window) Its a typical place , where bondo will be found and where you'll notice cracks . Its probably filled in with lead ( lead gives a little more than metal and allows the body to flex)

As far as everything else .... do the routine look over of the front end , rear end , tranny .

If it's in good shape like you say it is , you're getting a steal at $3800 .

Toadz400
11-02-2004, 09:52 PM
I have looked at the bottom of the car and there is no rust. The frame looks like it is almost brand new, which I find pretty amazing for that old of a car. There is though some bondo on part of the trim. The driver side door also seems like it needs to be replaced or the hinges fixed.