PDA

View Full Version : Derisi/Burgard

hsr
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
I was wondering if i went with +2 burgard standard travel a-arms and the Derisi pro millenium stock shock conversion (having the fronts converted to triple rate/SSD and the rear converted to a dual rate/SSD) will i get a pretty good nice low stance for motocross? Is this thing going to sit just as low as say a machine outfitted w/ a full elka or PEP suspension featuring SSD/ZPS??? Any input would be appreciated, thanks

kazpr
10-29-2004, 04:35 PM
You got a link with some of the information on the Derisi setup??

hsr
10-29-2004, 04:42 PM
No not really , just the info i could get from his website.

kazpr
10-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Ya I also was wanting to do pretty much this setup only using JD performance arms. Was thinking GT thunder shock conversion though.

hsr
10-29-2004, 05:42 PM
I looked into the GT Thunder linkage also. But I've also heard that the bucking/swapping problems in the rear end of the 450r may have a lot to do with the valving and spring rate of the rear shock. Lowering the ride height with a revalve and new springs seems like the more correct way to go about things, i could be wrong though. I have heard nothing but good things about Derisi's work though, i definatly trust him doing my shocks for sure. My main concern is getting this thing LOW, and i was just wondering if a revalved/re-sprung stock shock has the same potential to "sag" as a full aftermarket shock???

XC250R
10-29-2004, 06:32 PM
I had mine revalved and resprung and the bottom frame plate is at 7.5".

You can see them here.......

http://www.atvnc.com/forums/index.php/topic,4557.new/boardseen.html#new

OOps wrong link......http://www.atvnc.com/forums/index.php/topic,7104.0.html

kazpr
10-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Please give us @ Exriders a full review!! Did it do away with all the rear bucking??
Thanks alot Kazpr

XC250R
10-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Yes. There is no more bucking. It seems the shock on the rear is set up for a heavy rider. Anyone under 220 gets bucked around in the whoops. Before I couldn't even ride through the whoops but now they are no problem. I weigh 165 lbs.

The lower ride height is what made me not regret selling the 250. It handles much better than the 250 did now.

hsr
10-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by XC250R
Yes. There is no more bucking. It seems the shock on the rear is set up for a heavy rider. Anyone under 220 gets bucked around in the whoops. Before I couldn't even ride through the whoops but now they are no problem. I weigh 165 lbs.

The lower ride height is what made me not regret selling the 250. It handles much better than the 250 did now.

Are you still running the stock linkage? I just can't see buying a set of the elkas w/ compression only adjustments or no adjustment at all when you can get the stockers re-worked and they are fully adjustable?

XC250R
10-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Stock linkage still intact.

Matt102
10-30-2004, 05:37 PM
GT thunder also revalves the stock shock. I race mine in the local pro MX class, and I have the rider height set up at 7" with me on it. It works great with my long travel front end. I guess it's pretty much up to you, weather you want the revalve/spring or revalve/linkage. Those revalve/resprung shocks do look sweet though!

Santo DeRisi
11-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Here is the front setup that we have for the TRX450. The rear setup for mx is Dual Rate ZPS.

jeepnrocks
11-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by XC250R

I have heard just the opposite. I weigh 220 and get bucked like mad. It was explained to me that the rear shock is setup for a 150 piound rider and the heavier you are the faster you blow through the travel and this is what causes the bucking

XC250R
11-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
I have heard just the opposite. I weigh 220 and get bucked like mad. It was explained to me that the rear shock is setup for a 150 piound rider and the heavier you are the faster you blow through the travel and this is what causes the bucking

Who knows then? I can tell you with gear I weigh about 180, and the quad would hop high in the rear and start some crazy side to side action with the stock setup. I finally quit trying to ride any whooped sections until I had some work done.

Matt102
11-10-2004, 02:01 PM
The only thing with ZPS conversions on the rear is that it may be too much for the stock shock body and stuff to handle. A guy I race with had the derisi raer zps setup on his yfz450 and it blew up on him. It just blew the nut thing that screws into the body right off and ravaged the whole shock. He was practicing hard all day. but it still shouldn't do that. Now he's riding an Axis rear shock. But, he did say the conversion worked very well until it blew.

kazpr
11-10-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Santo DeRisi
Here is the front setup that we have for the TRX450. The rear setup for mx is Dual Rate ZPS.
Sweet looking setup Santo!! What is the cost of your setup? Thanks

hsr
11-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Ok so on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the closest to an elka shock) how do these stock rebuilds compare???

Santo DeRisi
11-11-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 01250Ex01
The only thing with ZPS conversions on the rear is that it may be too much for the stock shock body and stuff to handle. A guy I race with had the derisi raer zps setup on his yfz450 and it blew up on him. It just blew the nut thing that screws into the body right off and ravaged the whole shock. He was practicing hard all day. but it still shouldn't do that. Now he's riding an Axis rear shock. But, he did say the conversion worked very well until it blew.

I would have liked to seen that shock. This is the first that i have heard about that. What nut are you talking about?

Santo DeRisi
11-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by kazpr
Sweet looking setup Santo!! What is the cost of your setup? Thanks

Front triple rate zps and the rear dual rate zps you are looking at $850 total.

kazpr
11-11-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by hsr
Ok so on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the closest to an elka shock) how do these stock rebuilds compare???
What kinda comparison is this setup to like a Elka regular travel??

Santo DeRisi
11-11-2004, 09:02 AM
The setups on the YFZ and TRX have been really good compared to the Elkas and other brands. We are also going to have the same setup available for the 2005 Suzuki LTZ400's.

Bill Fuller
11-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Santo what kind of conversion are you doing to the YFZ shocks?Set up for XC racing.Cost and approximate wait time.

Santo DeRisi
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Santo what kind of conversion are you doing to the YFZ shocks?Set up for XC racing.Cost and approximate wait time.

I have a dual rate setup for the front and a single rate revalve setup for the rear. Total cost for front and back is $785.00

Turnaround time is around a week.

All my work is fully guarenteed!

KILLAQuad
11-11-2004, 10:08 AM
I had a YFZ with the DeRisi Revalve and LUVD EM...........:D ... xc 180#.... rode almost better than my ELkas....

If the Stock YFZ shocks had more travel i would have liked them even better......:huh

Matt102
11-11-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm talking about the nut that holds everything in the shock(I dont know if it's even called a nut, maybe seal?) The very first thing you unscrew when you take the shock apart. The shaft goes through it.

And he does ride pretty hard. But he races the expert class and clears most the jumps, so it's not like he cases a lot of stuff. But, like I said, he'd been practicing hard for about 2hrs. before it happened. And he did say it was a great shock rebuild before it happened, so dont get me wrong, I'm deffinitely not saying that your stuff isn't any good!

kazpr
11-11-2004, 03:45 PM
01250Ex01 sounds like that guy needs to call Santo and get it repaired then.