PDA

View Full Version : kx 125 seized?

exatak199
10-28-2004, 07:04 PM
well bout half an hour ago my KX seized up i think that the piston broke or the sleeve broke or the connecting rod snapped (i hope not:mad: )
what would a new sleeve and piston and rings go for ? by the way its a 89 and from what i was told uit was rebilt last spring but now I think that not very true:rolleyes:

mojoe2878
10-28-2004, 07:30 PM
i had the same problem with a rm125 about 6 years ago. the piston melted and screwed the sleeve up and my lower rod bearings siezed up. i think i paid around $350 or $400 for a new sleeve and to have it put in, new rod and crank bearings(also had to have those installed and the crank balanced), new piston and rings and all the gaskets.that price was just for those parts and for the machine work on the crank and cylinder, i did all the tear down and rebuild. if you can do it yourself you will save a lot.

exatak199
10-28-2004, 07:39 PM
i can do the tear down no prob just $$ is the prob:o I realy hope that i dont have to go into the bottom end. i kewn that the cylender had a crack in it it wasnt that big or so i thought

and where did you get your parts?

mojoe2878
10-28-2004, 07:47 PM
i ordered all my parts thru a local cycle shop here in town. try to find a small cycle shop to get your parts from or get a dirt bike magazine and find a place to order them, it will be cheaper than goin to the kawasaki dealer, dealerships usually tack on alot of extra $ to there parts.