PDA

View Full Version : supercharger

buster369
10-28-2004, 03:56 PM
They make super chargers for cars so y don't they make quads. I know a company in Puerto Rico built two experimental ones for a 400ex and a raptor and it double their horsepower and torque. Why don't they have them in production.

10-28-2004, 05:29 PM
You probably saw the turbo set up that several people developed. The problem with a supercharger is you need a way to power the supercharger. Turbo's run off of exhaust pressure to spin the turbine. Superchargers are generally belt driven and since there is no real way to attach a belt to the crank to actuate the supercharger that method wouldn't work.
There was a company developing a supercharger for 250r's a while back called a stratocharger, I believe. I think It was powered electrically by the stator though it's been a while since I saw the article.

Juggalo
10-28-2004, 06:26 PM
mrluehair is right...theres nowhere to attatch the belt. although there was a supercharged 400ex on ebay a while back it looked pretty ghetto to me and i think a supercharger would prob steal too much power at lower rpm's to really be nice on a quad. besides you can just slap a turbo on there and have the same effect and be cheaper. but turbos and the like arent for everybody. turbo would suck on the MX track or the XC course most likely. it would be pretty much good for nothin except sand riding and drag racing.

buster369
10-28-2004, 06:37 PM
what is a company that makes turbos and does anyone have information about them

Juggalo
10-30-2004, 04:15 PM
all terrain performance :D thats whos doin my buddies turbo 416ex

ewalker302
11-05-2004, 12:54 AM
It is possible to attatch a pulley/belt.

The one (supercharged) I saw had a shaft coming off the crank out of the left case.

Im' not saying its a good idea, just that it's possible.

:bandit:

gotahemi2004
11-05-2004, 12:05 PM
all terrain performance is doing my 440 right now.. so far im pleased with his work and ease of contacting.. i would hihghly recemend them if your in the area of mid florida

Juggalo
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by gotahemi2004
all terrain performance is doing my 440 right now.. so far im pleased with his work and ease of contacting.. i would hihghly recemend them if your in the area of mid florida

i think my all terrain performance and your all terrain performance are 2 diff shops. all terrain performance that im talking about is located in oak creek wisconsin :)