PDA

View Full Version : To those who have higher bars or SS...

turboTony
10-28-2004, 03:22 PM
I noticed that when I turn the bars all the way to the left, the hose for the front brake is tight/stretching. I'm scared it's going to rip out over time. How did you lengthen it? Or do I really need to?

turboTony
10-28-2004, 07:35 PM
I KNOW a ton of you guys have a +1 or 2 steering stem and/or new bars...
How did you solve this issue? Can you buy a longer brake hose or did you just tweak the stock setup a little? HELP ME DAMNIT!!! :D

team_450_88
10-28-2004, 07:41 PM
get extended steal braided brake lines!! PROBLEMO SOLVED!!:D

turboTony
10-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
get extended steal braided brake lines!! PROBLEMO SOLVED!!:D

Now we're getting somewhere. ;)
Where and how much? lol.
Do they help at all performance wise? I'm thinking that the level won't feel as "squishy" much like they feel in a car that has them.

edit: HO LEEE ****!
I just looked them up and I found some +2" by Galfer and they're $100. Is there anything a little more... umm... cheaper?
I swear to god my wife is gonna leave. :D

team_450_88
10-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by turboTony
Now we're getting somewhere. ;)
Where and how much? lol.
Do they help at all performance wise? I'm thinking that the level won't feel as "squishy" much like they feel in a car that has them.

edit: HO LEEE ****!
I just looked them up and I found some +2" by Galfer and they're $100. Is there anything a little more... umm... cheaper?
I swear to god my wife is gonna leave. :D

lmao....galfer is about the bes brand...try and find some cheaper ones..there out there...lol oh NO...keep it on the down low and tha wifey wont kno!!:devil:

team_450_88
10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
ohhhh....my buddie had a kfx and needed longer brake lines and he got some regular ( stock ) brake lines off a yfz450 and they where longer..idk if they are longer than the 450r's but jus figured id tell u !!

speedfreaksguy
10-29-2004, 10:11 AM
When I installed my +1 stem i had to remove one clamp on the brake line. Its been a while but I think it was on the top of the stem where it clamps to the frame. I haven't had any trouble with it. I will be replacing the brake lines with ss lines over the winter.

turboTony
10-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by speedfreaksguy
When I installed my +1 stem i had to remove one clamp on the brake line. Its been a while but I think it was on the top of the stem where it clamps to the frame. I haven't had any trouble with it. I will be replacing the brake lines with ss lines over the winter.
ok, that's what I thought. I'm going to do that until I can get some SS.