PDA

View Full Version : Travis on a Quad

yfz450xc
10-28-2004, 10:22 AM
TRAVIS SECOND IN QUAD DEBUT
Suzuki’s X-Games and MX hero Travis Pastrana took second place in his competition Quad debut in the Weston Super Mare Beachrace in the UK yesterday.

Riding an Andy Noble prepared Suzuki LT-Z400, Pastrana took to the start line with over 500 other Quads for the three hour beach race, despite suffering from a bout of food poisoning. A start line mistake saw Pastrana back in 75th place on the first lap, but by half haw he had climbed into the top ten. With two laps to go he was up to second place behind multi British Quadcross Champion Paul Winrow, but the Honda rider held his advantage to the line.

"It was an awesome race, the coolest race ever," said an exhausted Pastrana, "I’ve never raced a quad and I really enjoyed it. It was cold and raining the whole time but it was so much fun."

Pastrana was subsequently moved to third place in the final results.

24/10/2004

www.suzuki-racing.co.uk

jesshamner
10-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Thats pretty cool. Maybe it will bring a little more exposeure to quad racing. <--Wishfull thinking.

Pappy
10-28-2004, 11:54 AM
maybe you will see travis enter a few more quad events soon;)

Johnny & Monica
10-28-2004, 01:11 PM
How cool for him!! Love to see him at a GNCC.

p@iNn3ck
10-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
maybe you will see travis enter a few more quad events soon;)

Maybe his Suzuki teammate ;) could get him on the site??? :D

Admin
10-28-2004, 01:53 PM
I actually have been friends with Travis Pastrana since 1998 when we rode together in Florida. We have been friends since, and I use to stay in contact with him, but he is never home anymore, so the last time we spoke was in February.

I haven't even had the chance to share the news with him about my Suzuki ride, but I am sure that I will see him in a couple of weeks, and I will see if I can get him on the site. I won't hold my breath, but maybe.

p@iNn3ck
10-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
I actually have been friends with Travis Pastrana since 1998 when we rode together in Florida. We have been friends since, and I use to stay in contact with him, but he is never home anymore, so the last time we spoke was in February.

I haven't even had the chance to share the news with him about my Suzuki ride, but I am sure that I will see him in a couple of weeks, and I will see if I can get him on the site. I won't hold my breath, but maybe.

See there, I knew you were COOL!!! I dont care what Pappy says! :devil:

geogeorge
10-28-2004, 08:57 PM
If he got second why was he moved to thierd?

also, he would be that fast on anything. the boy is nuts.

Pappy
10-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin

when you see him, tell him the guy at the x games that waved to him from the 4th row section 3 was me:) :scary:

popo
10-28-2004, 09:37 PM
We raced go carts with him at the Indy dealer show. He seemed to be a very respective young man.

But the other jackle nacks around him where a bunch of idiots.

Rico
10-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Imagine what He would have done in that race if he was on a Honda.......:devil:

dirtmomma
10-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Thats COOL!! Yeah we have a Pro bike flattracker (Dan Stanley #10) that races pro quads @ our local indoor winter series along w/ his bikes of course ;) & I'll tell you what he can flat GIT R DONE!!!