PDA

View Full Version : Totaled My Truck Yesterday

Honda4trax250x
10-28-2004, 08:33 AM
I was on the way home from work last night at about 6:40, and i was going 40 down a main road, a car started to creep out of a side road so i slowed down a little bit. When i realized he wasnt gunna goi continued on. All of a sudden he pulled out right in front of me and i T-boned him. Immediately when i got out of my truck all i was worried about was my insurance and how this guy was gunna try to pin the fault on me just because i am a new driver. (I just got my Liscence a month and a half ago)

When the police arrived they gave me a very interesting piece of information that made me want to strangle thye other driver. HE WAS A DWI!!!! he was driving drunk, with his kid in the passenger side:rolleyes: . They were both ok, i got to see him be cuffed and put into the car. That was a priceless sight.

I was having chest pains that i thought were normal from the seat belt locking up. However my dad made me go to the ER just in case. It turned out that i ended up being in there until 2AM. I hade an IV, EKG test, multiple xrays, a catscan, and i was hooked up to a heart monitor because my sternum fractured, which supposedly takes a lot of force to break.

All i can think about is how badly i want to kill this guy.

Just thought I would tell everyone to be careful, because if these idiots are on the road at 6:45 on a wednesday night, imagine how many are out on the weekend.

MY450R
10-28-2004, 08:39 AM
wow that sucks dude.i hope you get better soon
btw you are gonna be in a lot more pain in a couple days than you are right now.just a heads up
anyone driving drunk with a kid in the car should be shot
what did he blow on the breathalizer j/w

Honda4trax250x
10-28-2004, 08:56 AM
Well thats the part im kinda pissed off at, their breathalizer wasnt working so they had to test him hours later at the police station. Wouldnt a lot of the alcohol been gone by then?

well im gunna be a trooper and go into school late today, i cant just sit around at home, ill talk to you guys later.

stupid driver
10-28-2004, 09:05 AM
ya, the level would be decreased, but they could probably determine what it was at the time of the wreck somehow. Glad to hear that youre ok

250x#93
10-28-2004, 09:29 AM
That sux really bad man....Drunk drivers suck so bad i've saw 2 or 3 wreck right in front of my house the past couple years....I just totalled my Pathfinder 2 so that sux but it was just me goin 2 fast but hope everythin works out :)

Smokin 440
10-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Man it seems like there are a lot of accidents everywhere lately... I just rolled my car Sunday night... At least everybodys been gettin lucky and comin out alive

250x#93
10-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Smokin 440
Man it seems like there are a lot of accidents everywhere lately... I just rolled my car Sunday night... At least everybodys been gettin lucky and comin out alive

Ya alot have been occuring......More 2 come, come winter time......the wet roads and leaves got me THERE SLICK 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek2:

hondaracer305
10-28-2004, 11:09 AM
glad your ok, and im glad you put away another dui driver, sucks about your chest though, lata.

chucked
10-28-2004, 01:45 PM
keep going to the hospital/doctors for your chest pains, if you claim personal injury, they take the total of all you medical bills, double it, and thats what you get in pocket.

Honda4trax250x
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM
any lawyers on the site? anyone know a estimated range of how much im looking at here? i want to make this guy poor, cuz i never want him to own another car ever again.

chucked
10-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Honda4trax250x
any lawyers on the site? anyone know a estimated range of how much im looking at here? i want to make this guy poor, cuz i never want him to own another car ever again.

I know a little about this, first of all did you go to the hospital in an ambulance right after the accident???? if not, big mistake, thats a few hundred right there, just keep going back to the doctors complaining abotu your chest, because of the accident, i mean like 10-15 times. And he wont be paying for it, his insurance company will be.

Honda4trax250x
10-28-2004, 08:49 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/pc6c4e70fdfe8c0e6c6ee14054c0788d7/f677f024.jpg

theres the truck, next truck is gunna be full size i decided

Aceman
10-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I know a little about this, first of all did you go to the hospital in an ambulance right after the accident???? if not, big mistake, thats a few hundred right there, just keep going back to the doctors complaining abotu your chest, because of the accident, i mean like 10-15 times. And he wont be paying for it, his insurance company will be.

Wouldn't that be one of the reasons why health insurance premiums are so high?? People that milk the system ruin it for the rest of us. If your chest hurts go get it checked out, but if it doesn't you better not be *****in about it to some doctor. Health insurance in America is already too damn high without a bunch of people milking it for their benefit.

chucked
10-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Wouldn't that be one of the reasons why health insurance premiums are so high?? People that milk the system ruin it for the rest of us. If your chest hurts go get it checked out, but if it doesn't you better not be *****in about it to some doctor. Health insurance in America is already too damn high without a bunch of people milking it for their benefit.

everyone milks it

Honda4trax250x
10-29-2004, 05:07 AM
im not milking it, i have a fractured sternum, of course it hurts.....