PDA

View Full Version : Battery Battery!!!!

honda_400ex19
04-15-2002, 12:36 AM
WEIGHT,WEIGHT,WEIGHT...... THIS IS EASILY ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUES IN MOTORSPORTS.

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THE GUYS ARE DOING TO BE ABLE TO LOOSE THERE BATTERIES ON THERE 400EX'S AND RAPTORS IN THE AREA. THE TOP RIDERS IN MY AREA ARE THROWING THERE BATTERIES OUT THE WINDOW, BUT NOT REALLY TELLING ANY DETAILS.
JUST CURIOUS HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE AND WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN LET ME IN ON WHAT TO DO.

Juggalo
04-15-2002, 12:39 AM
i doubt their getting rid of the batteries as theres no back up starting mechanism availible that i'm aware of. what is happening i think is they have aftermarket airboxes that allow the battery to be placed inside.

ChadEXer
04-15-2002, 08:40 AM
i agree. they are just putting them in a aluminum airbox like i did!!! Puts that weight in the middle instead of on a side and takes it off the weak subframe!!!

honda_400ex19
04-15-2002, 10:21 AM
I thought this was the case to, but until I seen a few seats popped off and I talked to an old high school buddy who owns a shop in the detroit area my head has just been puzzled.

Supposively one guy has a "mini jump box" kinda similar to that used in top fuel racing only on a different scale.

He kept his wiring pretty close to normal only one small add on
(dont know what though ??????????) and he did away with his headlights and taillight and I believe a few other minor things have found there way into the milk crate.

ChadEXer
04-15-2002, 11:36 AM
i did away with a bunch of stuff!! The front lights, tail light, I also put the battery in the box and had the light mounts, battery mounts, and tool case mounts shaved off the subframe before powdercoating it!!

Texan32
04-15-2002, 03:33 PM
I don't think it would really be a good idea, but you could take your battery off and just make some kind of quick-disconnect for the battery. That way, you hook it up when you want to start it, and then you disconnect it once its running. About the only problem with that......what if you stall in the middle of the race?