PDA

View Full Version : maier race cut/ims tank

zoe17
10-27-2004, 04:46 PM
I want to install new plastic on my 2002 300ex. I want maier race cuts, also I want a IMS tank. Can these work together, has anyone tried to do this.

Anyone got any ideas how to get new plastic to work with IMS tank?

Thanks for your replies.

zoe17
10-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Bump

Anyone??

I-7
10-27-2004, 09:06 PM
You might have to do alittle improvising but the ims tank is designed to fit with stock plastics so it should work with the maier... not positive though

markk
10-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Alright im not sure about 300ex, But i have a set of gray maier plastics for my 400ex, And im running a IMS 4.3 gallon tank!
My the plastic worked ok for me, But i just had to do some trimming on my plastic, and Even though i got all that to meassur up and fit right, My gas shut-off valve was still a little off!!!

But it looked ok!!!!! I would go ahead and try man, But from what i noticed, Your better off with OEM plastic, or Laker Customs, Or FUlbore. Maier is kinda junky man!!

sry bout the spelling!

hardkoratvmxr
11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
well i have a 2003 300ex and it says that maier plastic will not work with ims gas tank but i think u can get around that the reason for them saying that is that stock plastic has the cnter gas tank piece which is removable maier does not it is all one piece but if you get maier race plastic you could cut out the pattern you would need to get it to work but it prolly wouldnt look to good cuz u would have to zip tie together unless you found a way to do it without zip tieing it

markk
11-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Zip Ties dont look bad, As long at u take your time, and make them even, and Hidden! And use the same color ziptie as the color plastic your tieing togeather!