PDA

View Full Version : extra long throttle cable

mustang
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Where can I or how can I get a 300ex throttle cable that is lengthend by about 18 inches?

I want to put the 300ex carb on my Honda Rancher:D
ANY HELP WOULD BE :cool:

mustang
10-27-2004, 07:07 PM
just did a fab on my stock rancher cable :cool: pics to come soon

still want to get one made help someone?

mustang
11-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Well I swapped out my carb on the Rancher. The main reason for the swap was piss poor design, Anyone with a Rancher that has hit some good deep mud/water will tell you that the choke assembly and cable are the biggest down fall of the bike. What happens is the moisture eventually gets in the cable through the boot or where the assembly enters the carb, then all hell breaks loose. Anyway after finally having enough of this BS I started to search for an alternative to the yearly choke rebuild (gets expensive). I decided to try the 300ex carb due to three main reasons
#1 shares the same lever type choke as my 400ex (less parts to crap out)
#2 within the same cc range
#3 The most enticing the 300ex carb has an accelerator pump MORE POWER & (go up a size on the pilot jet and you don’t even need the choke)
Well I bought the carb with cable off eBay for $25 to the door (cheaper than the choke assembly parts an cable I needed $80).

The fun part:

What I had to do was swap the main jet from the rancher and modify the cable from the Rancher by cutting the sheathing back and installing the 300ex carb end cable guide on the rancher cable lots of fun and about 10 dremmel cutoff wheels along with a little JB weld to seal the cut later and whala its done…. Ya Ya I know what your thinking but the cable looks stock and feels it to you cant even tell that there’s JB weld.
As far as performance goes you can feel the difference. Its really punchy off a dead start or any time you stab the throttle and also increases the wheelie ability even with my 25” 589 tires
So to make a long review short I have to rate this mod as fully erect.

Sorry but I was to bussy to take pics